MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bbawden

Fabulous work.

I miss a few things about HTC Sense (like pinching the home screen to view them all, and able to rearrange them, and especially linking contacts to Twitter and Facebook) so I might go back to MCR 3.1 until HTC do an update for Froyo (2011!).

For Exchange, I couldn't get it work in Accounts & Sync > Add account. But when I opened up the mail app, I was able to add it by doing manual setup. Worth a try if you're having problems.

The only thing I now can't get to work is the Facebook sync in Accounts.

Great work Paul.

Guest qubit76

After installing r18 without additions and enabling A2SD through installing spare parts, titanium backup show unsuccessful install for all my apps :(

Will try re-downloading the same version and installing again..

update: A2SD via spare parts breaks apps restore from Titanium Backup, after waiting for this :) back to defrost

update2: reformatted sd card, seems like it crapped out after installing r18.. now all working as per usual ;)

Edited by qubit76

Guest nekromantik

I got a big problem.

I just flashed r18 over r17. Before I flashed I had 40mb free internal space.

After flash I got 10mb free and a warning about low space.

Plus most of my installed apps are not showing in either stock launcher app drawer or launcher pro drawer.

edit: apps are back but i still lost 30mb of internal mem ;)

Edited by nekromantik

Guest Akirainblack

If anyone is after a signed zip for a black bar I used

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690477

the one there without any problems.

Guest waterc00l
I got a big problem.

I just flashed r18 over r17. Before I flashed I had 40mb free internal space.

After flash I got 10mb free and a warning about low space.

Plus most of my installed apps are not showing in either stock launcher app drawer or launcher pro drawer.

edit: apps are back but i still lost 30mb of internal mem :)

reboot and the missing space should be back. This happens every time (for me ;)) after installing a deodexed rom.. 10 mb left.. then reboot -> 40mb left.. every time.. :(

Edited by waterc00l

Guest medomedo
I just ran into somewhat the same problem.

After the boot screen my phone DIES and I have to remove the battery to reboot.

- using pre-baked R18 w/ additions ;)

I think that I am facing similar -if not the same- right now the same problem. After having battery drain problem with backed r18, I decided to go back to r3.1. I have all my apps backed up using Titanium pro (donation version). I was running 2.2 and wanted to go back to 2.1. I backed up all the apps and their data. Then installed the 2.1 after wiping data.I booted normally. I launched Tituanum, updated busybox and then started the "Restore missing apps +all system data" batch. Then I rebooted the phone.

Problems:

1- I dont see restored apps in the app drawer.

2- my desktop is filled with links to apps that are not installed.

3- many android processes FC, e.g. android.process.media.

4- I tried to get back to 2.2 but that did not help either.

My ROMS use A2SD+ (both 2.1 and 2.2) and using sanDisk 16GB formated into

a- 700MB ext3

b- the rest FAT32

Guest Scottland
I just ran into somewhat the same problem.

After the boot screen my phone DIES and I have to remove the battery to reboot.

- using pre-baked R18 w/ additions ;)

I have the same problem...

I was having this issue, I think it might be due to the partition layout on the SD Card. I had it EXT,FAT32, then recreated the partition as one FAT32 issue and it booted fine.

Guest nekromantik
reboot and the missing space should be back. This happens every time (for me ;)) after installing a deodexed rom.. 10 mb left.. then reboot -> 40mb left.. every time.. :(

I did reboot but I only gained 3mb.

So I restored my nandroid and will reflash later on.

Did you do a wipe before u flashed?

Guest da900
If anyone is after a signed zip for a black bar I used
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690477

the one there without any problems.

Ofcause, it works. :( It was made by me and works on every ROM based on FRF72 and deodexed. ;)

Guest bbawden

Hi all. I flashed this, and updated some apps. Then I decided I would switch back to MCR 3.1 so did a Nandroid restore.

Now I cannot download from the Market. It browses apps OK, but just hangs on "Starting download"

Does anyone know how to fix this, as it's a pretty critical problem?

Thanks

Guest danifamous
Ofcause, it works. :D It was made by me and works on every ROM based on FRF72 and deodexed. :(

well in that case, many thanks ;)

been flicking between 2.1 and froyo today, outdating sexy sense or nasty looking nexus UI, fine line between them both. but apparently, that fine line is a black banner bar ;)

now to flash...again ;) might need to buy a new non-android phone, seeing as mine are always flashing :)

Guest Kevin La.
Ofcause, it works. :) It was made by me and works on every ROM based on FRF72 and deodexed. ;)

It works but the text is black (clock, date and notifications)... on the black background :(

How fix it ?

Edited by Kevin La.

Hi all. I flashed this, and updated some apps. Then I decided I would switch back to MCR 3.1 so did a Nandroid restore.

Now I cannot download from the Market. It browses apps OK, but just hangs on "Starting download"

Thanks

+1 on this one.

Guest Don't Ask

Thanks

Happened to me too.

I tried wiping the market cache data, reflashing MCR 3.1 with and without wiping and nothing fixed it.

Anyone got a solution?

Guest Kevin La.
Ok, flash this one HERE

Done.

It's still black and the guy didn't tell its white in this one. I'm the only guy that don't like black on black ? lol ;)

Edited by Kevin La.

Guest hamajiro

Thanks

+1. I have the same problem.

Guest da900
Done.

It's still black and the guy didn't tell its white in this one. I'm the only guy that don't like black on black ? lol ;)

Well, here is the zip from my phone SD cart that i used to do black bar with WHITE text on it. Use ClockWork Mod Recovery, because the zip is not signed.

If after applying this zip you will have same problem as before (black on black), i attached stock white bar (in the next post).

BlackModded_FRF72_02.zip

post-526526-1277214556_thumb.png

post-526526-1277214657_thumb.png

Edited by da900

Guest spammyspam
Using MCR r18 rom with 30.37 radio.. have everything turned off except 3G.

Could you please specify exactly which radio you're using? My battery life is poor (5% per hour) so I'm trying anything to get it back to par.

Guest EddyOS

Hi da900,

Used this (saw it on XDA) and whilst I like it I was after one that had the default clear unlock sliders and a lighter notification area (picture 1 of your attachments - perhaps a white background instead of the honeycomb one?)

Other than that the mod works fine, I've got it baked into a ROM so I dn't have to keep applying it if I reflash

Guest hamajiro

Thanks

I ended up wiping "data/factory reset" and "cache partition", and I can now download the apps from the market.