MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bbawden
I ended up wiping "data/factory reset" and "cache partition", and I can now download the apps from the market.

Great - what was the benefit of doing a Nandroid backup then?

Guest MaTiCeK
Happened to me too.

I tried wiping the market cache data, reflashing MCR 3.1 with and without wiping and nothing fixed it.

Anyone got a solution?

I had a similar problem, could not really fix it. So I unrooted and then rooted again using r6 and am now using MCR 3.1. Missing Froyo but having almost all the fun again. (Of all the Froyo stuff I really only miss flash 10.1 on MCR.) ;)

I know it's not really a fix for your issue, but at least it gives you back a functional market.

Guest bbawden

This is very frustrating - I don't want to have to do a full wipe just to get my phone back to the state it was in before I flashed Froyo.

Shouldn't the Nandroid backup put everything back just as it was? So why is Market not working? There must be a way of getting it to work without wiping or flashing new ROMs?

Guest spaceman07
Could you please specify exactly which radio you're using? My battery life is poor (5% per hour) so I'm trying anything to get it back to par.

I am using the following radio taken from xda - 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2

Baked my rom by taking off a number of items that I dont realy use like news/weather, facebook and twitter.

Guest djshadow666
could you make a Boot image < 2304 kb for people with bad-blocks on boot partition

thanks

yer would be nice to be able to use froyo please

Guest EddyOS
BUG:

Light stays on solid amber for notification.. need to hard reset the phone for it to go back to normal.

It does go out after a while if you leave it long enough

Guest Frankish

Everytime i try and flash r18 with additions and a2sd i get stuck at the white htc screen. Tried wiping and everything. Left for ages too just incase.

Guest saisquare
I had a similar problem, could not really fix it. So I unrooted and then rooted again using r6 and am now using MCR 3.1. Missing Froyo but having almost all the fun again. (Of all the Froyo stuff I really only miss flash 10.1 on MCR.) ;)

I know it's not really a fix for your issue, but at least it gives you back a functional market.

I had the same problem here, have to do a wipe and flash back to stock rom with root. log in to market under 2.1 environment. After confirmed the download is OK, i do nandriod to restore my rom. Everything is fine then.....

Market in Froyo is different from that in Eclair?

Guest da900

As EddyOS asked me to make white background in notif. bar in my blackbar theme for FRF72 - here it is. Screennshots is here to. Don't have much time, so some icons stay stock FRF72, for example USB DEBUGGING (need to redraw it). Apply via Clockwork recovery, the zip is not signed. If somthing goes wrong, you will be able to apply stock white bar (posted some pages before). Have fun. ;)

BlackModded_FRF72_WhiteBackground.zip

post-526526-1277227036_thumb.png

post-526526-1277227046_thumb.png

Guest da900
NICE, thanks a lot my friend!! ;) :(

You are wellcome. :) ... Report buggs, please, if they wiill appear (icons etc., for exs. white icon on white field).

Guest Kevin La.

This one has still a black font color on mine, weird ;)

But the white background is here !

deviceyj.png

Edited by Kevin La.

Guest da900
This one has still a black font color on mine, weird :(

But the white background is here !

Strange... Please, try to switch to english (US) your lang.

P.S. No need to. I've just tried french, russian, italian and spanish. Everywhere is white text on black field. Even don't know what to advise you. ;)

P.P.S. All i can imagine in your case is that services.jar isn't overwritten during applying the zip via recovery. Try to overwrite it manualy. For example, using RootExplorer. Or via adb.

Edited by da900

Guest myboo_1988

hi paul...i got few question here

how do i delete the partition?i made?i using 16gb sd card...

so now i wanna use all in one...

..u have any idea in terminal android...how do we check the partition sd card space we left?or any widget?

Guest spammyspam
Anyone solved market download problem after Mcr3.1 restore ?

It's already been solved in this thread.

1) Download any other 2.1 rom (I used cyanogen from XDA),

2) do a nandroid,

3) clear data + cache,

4) flash,

5) start up, sign in, enter market and download something for good measure,

6) restore your nandroid.

Guest RODNiC

This ROm worked perfectly for me.. good battery.. never a FC...

Kept it for a couple of days till I missed so much Sense.. now back to MCR 3.1.....

Great Job anyway Paul!!! You're the best the Android community ever could dream of!

Guest MacCarron

Great ROM!!! Probably gonna keep it for daily use ;). Only one thing left for me..does anyone know of any OCUV kernels compatible with this rom at the moment? (tried richerdtrip's froyo kernel, ocuv works but kills the wifi...)