MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nekromantik

I got a problem with r18.

I flashed it over r17 and lost 20mb of memory, on r17 I had 30mb free and now after flash I got 10mb free.

and I get SMS memory full error ;)

I know I aint run out of memory as everything was fine on r17.

I have rebooted twice but still I got 10mb left and its the 2nd time I flashed as I re downloaded the pre bake ROM and flashed.

Has anyone else flashed to r18 from r17 without wipe and had any issues like this?

edit: never mind solved it.

Edited by nekromantik

Guest gandalfmuaddib
As EddyOS asked me to make white background in notif. bar in my blackbar theme for FRF72 - here it is.

I modified the theme to include the circle battery. And as I do not know how to modify the .xml files, there is still no percentage in this one.

So, here it is, black on white background:

post-699346-1277263311_thumb.png

P.S. I've modified the buttons to match the Desire's green theme. I know there are missing bits, but I'm not that good in editing the images, just compiling them. ;)

Kudos to da900 and PaY87 for a wonderful original mod!

FRF72_White_Background_Desire.zip

Thank for the great work.

I hope you will add the quickOffice into the regular ROM. Or can you give me the link to that installation file?

I really need it and i can't find it from the market yet.

Hi,

How can one install the vpnc application over the r18 ROM? I know this ROM comes with tun+OpenVPN but since my VPN Server is a Cisco VPN 3000 concentrator I need tun+vpnc running on my HTC Desire.

Any advice/procedure will be appreciated.

Best,

Guest Koh KW

New problems I discovered on the r17:

1. Scrolling via the trackpad does not work after a while of usage. The trackpad button however works.
  2. To solve the trackpad scrolling issue I had to reboot the phone. But it doesn't come up (stuck at the HTC white screen). The "Quietly Brilliant" animation does not come up. Had to remove the battery and reboot, then ok.
  3. After a while more of usage, the trackpad scrolling does not work again.

Anybody facing the same issues?

Guest FranticJohny
Hi,

How can one install the vpnc application over the r18 ROM? I know this ROM comes with tun+OpenVPN but since my VPN Server is a Cisco VPN 3000 concentrator I need tun+vpnc running on my HTC Desire.

Best,

i've got it running and i have less connection interrupts as iphone users :(

btw its my first post ;)

great work! thx

Guest Frankish
Hi

some short question. Dosen't have Froyo the buildin future A2SD ?

So why I need A2SD in the bake factory ?

Regards Hajo

Froyo a2sd is not the same as old style. Old style is better uses less internal memory.

Guest Tobias R
I have the same problem...

Could be that the OS is still working in the background. I had the same "problem" and plug it into the PC and had a look with Eclipse and Android Plugin just to see that it was setting up things. So maybe just wait some time.

Another reason could be that you have to wipe before flashing and after flashing partitioning your SD if you use A2SD or A2SD+.

EDIT: => The problem is that the Device seems to "DIE" (Screen turning black, seems to be switched off).

Edited by Tobias R

Guest Koh KW
Paul, are you going to update your ROM with kernel fix from defer (Fix intermitent shutdown of optical joystick )?

Are you on r17 or r18? I'm facing intermittent trackpad issues. I'm on r17.

Guest TboneCam
Hi,

Best,

I just installed this one (automatically starts tun, previous version had to start tun via script).. Connects to my concentrator just fine ;)

I have updated the kitchen to include a new version of Kali / Defer's kernel. This should fix the optical trackpad issue. I have also made the boot.img a bit smaller, for people who were having issues flashing.

I'll update the prebakes in due course.

P

Guest EddyOS

On the download, Paul - thanks!!

You should look into adding a black taskbar option for those wanting it (if you do that sort of thing, that is)

Guest medomedo

You should look into adding a black taskbar option for those wanting it (if you do that sort of thing, that is)

Second that

Guest neoDite

Aslong as it is just an option ;) and not in the main ROM

It is a theme after all and you carnt please everyone with themes

Guest nekromantik

I get really bad battery life with r18.

R17 I lost 3 - 6% overnight, but last night after flashing r18 I lost 40% overnight.

Guest Kevin La.
Strange... Please, try to switch to english (US) your lang.

P.S. No need to. I've just tried french, russian, italian and spanish. Everywhere is white text on black field. Even don't know what to advise you. ;)

P.P.S. All i can imagine in your case is that services.jar isn't overwritten during applying the zip via recovery. Try to overwrite it manualy. For example, using RootExplorer. Or via adb.

I cooked a new rom with minor changes and do a wipe. Now, my black bar works fine. I also changed my sd card which doesn't work properly I think...

I also disabled A2SD, I had to prepare my SD. Rom Manager doesn't create my EXT3 partition (reboot in recovery, do something and reboot the phone without any new partition). The only way is to use a live CD and setup the SD with gparted or is there a faster/easier way ?

Edited by Kevin La.

Guest djshadow666
I have updated the kitchen to include a new version of Kali / Defer's kernel. This should fix the optical trackpad issue. I have also made the boot.img a bit smaller, for people who were having issues flashing.

P

sweet thanks got it flashing now.

glad i got the adfree modaco subscription

thanks for all the work on the new update paul

Guest sucramco

P

Just watched the football, well happy and now this. Thanks Paul. You have made my day.

Guest Ajthescot

installed this today awesome bit of work big THANKS .

one thing is the calls have an echo at the other end. the missus heard her self speaking . i tryed turning the volume down 2 clicks and it seams to have fixed it..

good work better than the last defrost version i tried .

Guest weedup

Hi, i have baked a rom with the last update of trackpad, but i notice after i make a call or receive the trackpad doesn't work, just after i turn off the screen and on again, anyone else have this same prob?

Guest DigitalC
installed this today awesome bit of work big THANKS .

one thing is the calls have an echo at the other end. the missus heard her self speaking . i tryed turning the volume down 2 clicks and it seams to have fixed it..

good work better than the last defrost version i tried .

Hmm, i had not thought of that - must try it out later