MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest djtosh

apparantly froyo has been released on the AOSP today, so the 23rd rumors werent a lie they were just misinformation. hopefully this means we will see a proper version of froyo soon.

Edited by djtosh

Guest DigitalC
apparantly froyo has been released on the AOSP today, so the 23rd rumors werent a lie they were just misinformation. hopefully this means we will see a proper version of froyo soon.

What "AOSP"?

Sorry, im still a newbie ;)

Guest sucramco

I wonder if this is one of Paul's big secret projects wouldn't that be nice.

Guest adventure1001

Any one know the name of wavesecure apk so i can take it out the rom manualy?

Nevermind found it

Edited by adventure1001

Guest Time Sheep

Okay, I don't think I expected this, but what about sense? Is there by the way any third party dictionaries I can use? Otherwise I would write english to my danish friends :/

Okay, I don't think I expected this, but what about sense? Is there by the way any third party dictionaries I can use? Otherwise I would write english to my danish friends :/

get HTC_IME from xda forum. Has Norwegian dictionary, so figures it would have danish aswell. Works great.

Sense on the other hand as far as i understand wont be seen on Froyo before official HTC release. They apparently make changes deep into the framework..

Problem on r18 version

1. camcorder fail to function, phone will auto restart

2. market still fail to download apps like gameloft asphalt

3. I miss the smart dialing feature

Guest nekromantik
Problem on r18 version

1. camcorder fail to function, phone will auto restart

2. market still fail to download apps like gameloft asphalt

3. I miss the smart dialing feature

camcorder does not work in any froyo ROMs at the moment but now the source is released, people can start to work on those issues.

if you mean you cant see all the apps in the market then you need the 2.1 build.prop file

Guest Koh KW

Hi people,

I just thought I might share this workaround to those who are having issues with their trackpads going "offline" after a while of usage. I'm on r17 so I can't be sure if this solution works for those on other releases.

Whenever my trackpad stops to respond, I'd just go to Settings -> Display, disable/enable Auto-rotate screen. The enablement shall turn on the trackpad again.

Works for me!

Guest KingDan

So just to be clear on some stuff I never understood.

My device is rooted as it has on r3.1, if I were to use a stock RUU.exe, will this wipe off root privileges?

Can you restore you device with a linux OS rather than a windows OS although you have an .exe?

If I had to install r6 over my 3.1 from the recovery from say, rom manager, will I lose information

and installs by default or does it act like an update?

Making a nandroid backup does what for a user? Is this just a fail-safe backup or after you do a custom rom update/installation

you can do an advanced recovery of data to get back your settings and suchlike?

Since the device is rooted, I'd assume updating over the air to receive the 2.2 froyo update will be disabled according to

rom manager, it's disabled.

As a rooted phone, what will a factory restore do?

Why aren't some of the applications in the kitchen installed to the device even though you select them? like the office suite.

Edited by KingDan

Guest Ediso_On27

I have strange problem on R17 and R18:

auto rotate stops working after some time. I dont know what triggers it to stop working, but i noticed that problemonce on R17 and now on R18.

Otherwise rom rocks. I use it with launcher pro and have very good battery life. 2,5 day with contant (GPRS) connection because of exchange sync.

At first (after install) i had display usage of around 50 %, but now i have around 20-30% (right now 21%). Phone was rebooted yesterday evening because of rotate problem.

br,

Andrej

Guest neoDite

Ediso_On27 don't worry. I don't think it will be that long before most things are sorted with this ROM now 2.2 has been released ;)

And we all know how fast Paul works (Hell the main reason i donated was his speed lol)

Guest Frankish

Can nobody help me flash this at all? I have tried defrost and this Rom. Both hang on the white HTC screen. I have tried to wipe everything etc prior to flashing iv even used defrost before! I even tried wiping my SD and repartitioning it.

The only thing I can think of is previous installs I had ext2 and now I have it as ext3 but I assumed this would still work. I can flash other roms like a cyanogen port or mcr 3.1.

Guest topalov

Screen rotation in r17 worked but in r18 not working. Option for automatic rotation in settings is enabled. Any ideas?

Keep good work smile.gif

Guest Bol2riz
Screen rotation in r17 worked but in r18 not working. Option for automatic rotation in settings is enabled. Any ideas?

Keep good work smile.gif

Mine stop to work after charging. If I reboot it works again.

@Frankish Have you tried not to use A2SD function and a prebacked rom? I don't know if it's still have to be done but for Defrost you've got to wipe battery stats and rotation data also.

Bol2riz