MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Frankish
Mine stop to work after charging. If I reboot it works again.

@Frankish Have you tried not to use A2SD function and a prebacked rom? I don't know if it's still have to be done but for Defrost you've got to wipe battery stats and rotation data also.

Bol2riz

I have tried a prebake with a2sd and additions. I thought that defrost didn't use the old a2sd so wouldn't at least one of them work.

I can't wipe battery and rotation etc as I have a broken trackpad. I can't use recovery only the auto functions of Rom manager. Unless someone can help me with adb shell commands for wiping cache data and the rest and also adb shell command for flashing? I'm stuck.

Guest MaTiCeK
Baking up MCR R19 with FRF83, then i'll be looking to merge in stuff like full 270 rotate, trackball wake and the like.

P

Can you drop us an update on the videorecording? Does having the full Froyo source help in enabling video?

Guest Pyr0x64
*crossing fingers* for a working camcorder so people can start to work on 720p recording ;)

we are not going to get 720p recording until the desire gets a new radio

Guest ninja.rogue

As official 2.2 Android for Nexus One is out for OTA shipping, I presume that Paul will update the kitchen with this stable and presumably last build.

Guest neoDite
As official 2.2 Android for Nexus One is out for OTA shipping, I presume that Paul will update the kitchen with this stable and presumably last build.

Scroll up ;)

Guest EddyOS

You'll need to repartition you card using Linux (get Ubuntu) and use the GParted tool to make the SD card a single card. Then flash one of the FroYo ROMs (without A2SD) and see if that works...

OR use the custom recovery to convert your EXT2 to EXT3 as recommended in the A2SD guides

Edited by EddyOS

Guest ph0rce
Scroll up ;)

FRF83 isn't the final build, the OTA update for the final build was about 700K according to one of the sites & came after FRF83. Not sure what the difference is though.

Guest EddyOS
FRF83 isn't the final build, the OTA update for the final build was about 700K according to one of the sites & came after FRF83. Not sure what the difference is though.

Others are saying FRF83 IS the final build as it's OTA going out to non-rooted N1's...

Guest Time Sheep

Okay, now I noticed something. The messaging and the phone applications are not installed?

I mean, I could install a 3rd party message app, but for the phone, idk.

And I just hit the unresponsive touch screen issue too :/

Edited by Time Sheep

Guest Frankish
You'll need to repartition you card using Linux (get Ubuntu) and use the GParted tool to make the SD card a single card. Then flash one of the FroYo ROMs (without A2SD) and see if that works...

OR use the custom recovery to convert your EXT2 to EXT3 as recommended in the A2SD guides

I tried r18 without a2sd and it still didn't work. I didn't remove my ext as i didn't think it would matter...as i already have ext3 and it's the same behaviour with the version with a2sd.

I'm starting to think that Rom Manager doesn't wipe everything properly? Has anyone else gone from MCR3.1 to Pauls Froyo rom using rom manager? With no trackpad i can't go into recovery and actually manually wipe dalvik etc.

Guest Tobias R

Did somebody else notice that the touchscreen isn't as responsive as with the 2.1 MCR build?

I experience it across all applications. Mainly when scrolling.

Can people who already are experiencing this as well post their impressions.

For me its rather annoying. I saw an earlier post with somebody also having the same issue.

I guess that maybe everybody should see this. It's a bit subtile.

Guest topalov

I also notice touchpad delay.

Problem with rotation solved after restart, now works 270 :(

I hope that display sucking battery will be fixed ;)

Go to Settings/Display/Animation and set "No animations". After that all animations working but in Battery Usage/Diplay has much less % than before and battery last much more

Edited by topalov

Guest Frankish

So I tried a new SD card. Fat32 only and tried to install r18 no a2sd. Still freezing at white HTC logo. I think its because rom manager only wipes data and cache and ext. No other wipe options!

Guest EddyOS

So use fake-flash instead!! Gives you all the options then (or just turn on holding volume down, select recovery and then press volume up and press power and select wipe...SO much easier than ROM Manager)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Frankish
I think the point is that his trackpad is broken so he is unable to do this.

Exactly. I can't use any recovery at all other than the automated options. I have asked koush to add power button to confirm and it appeared in one old release but I couldn't mount SD card with it! I guess he has more important things to do first like ironing all the ext problems out. Il probably have to stick to 2.1 roms for now!