MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest EddyOS

You can do a normal wipe just using the keys, you don't need the trackpad...

- Go into recovery (volume down and power) and select 'Recovery'

- Once at the red exclamation mark hold volume up and press power

- select 'Wipe' using the volume buttons and then press power to select

- confirm by using volume buttons and power to select

easy

Guest Frankish
You can do a normal wipe just using the keys, you don't need the trackpad...

- Go into recovery (volume down and power) and select 'Recovery'

- Once at the red exclamation mark hold volume up and press power

- select 'Wipe' using the volume buttons and then press power to select

- confirm by using volume buttons and power to select

easy

And what does that wipe? Data and cache. Doesn't wipe dalvik as far as I know or battery stats and rotation etc. And that's the only thing I can possibly think of being the reason I can't get it working. When I used defrost before I wiped all those things and it worked!

Guest Neo Geo MVS
Is text reflow broken for anyone else? Mine isn't reformatting when I zoom in to webpages.

Same for me...

Also had the problem with auto-rotate, disappeared after reboot.

Trackpad works fine.

Guest Frankish
data and cache yeah, failing that you'd have to go stock and return the unit saying the trackpad has gone fubar

I have tried that wipe previously anyway and it didn't help. Can't return it as I opened it to fix it and it worked for 2 months and now just trackpad is dead. I can live without it if I can get koush to add power button to confirm! He must be sick of me going on about it though.

Guest CF Chong
Is text reflow broken for anyone else? Mine isn't reformatting when I zoom in to webpages.

double tap after zoom to reformat page

Guest Dr_Ash

I'm just downloading a custom bake of R19 - is it really FRF83 because the kitchen says it's still FRF72.....

I'll flash and let y'all know ;)

Guest EddyOS

Nice to see Fancy Widgets in there - I always bake it in myself but saves me 5 mins! Just need work out a black status bar mod and I'm sorted

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Frankish

I just need to bribe someone into making a recovery with power button to confirm, or learn to make the stuff myself. Which i'm sure Koush is wishing i would do haha. Oh well. I think putting a black status bar on a stock rom is criminal ;)

Guest Kevin La.

Thank you in advance EddyOS :(

(edit : wow, very fast kitchen to cook and download ;))

Edited by Kevin La.

Guest ALouie

What I have noticed so far:

1. Facebook won't sync

2. Mail (not Gmail) still FC

3. Google Goggles FC

Nandroid back to my own baked r3.1

Guest da900

Here is BLACK STATUS BAR for FRF83 in stock DESIRE style with dark lockscreen sliders. Install via ClockWorkMod Recovery, because the ZIP isn't signed. Should work with every FRF83 based ROMs (DeFrost, r19 MCR FroYo, ShadowFrost 0.7 etc., and even with N1 stock FRF83). Tested on r19 MCR FroYo and DeFrost 1.4.

Before instll, please, do nandroid (just in case).

Original Post LINK

P.S. Nice is the number of this post, isn't it? ;)

Edited by da900

Guest Ice2Go
Here is BLACK STATUS BAR for FRF83 in stock DESIRE style with dark lockscreen sliders. Install via ClockWorkMod Recovery, because the ZIP isn't signed. Should work with every FRF83 based ROMs (DeFrost, r19 MCR FroYo, ShadowFrost 0.7 etc., and even with N1 stock FRF83). Tested on r19 MCR FroYo and DeFrost 1.4.

Original Post LINK

Hi Sorry complete newbie here, I have managed to update and go backward and forward using rom manger to update my firmwares at will, however i havnt got a clue how to mod the status bar.

I have tried using rom manger to update the status bar, but my sceen just hangs on the HTC screen, i am obviously doing something silly or not following the correct procedure.

Can anyone put me in the right directon, or point me to a tutorial of sorts.

Many Thanks in advance

John

Guest EddyOS

Original Post LINK

Any chance of one with the Desire-like white background? :(

Just having a play myself so might work it out

EDIT: found an issue, text in taskbar (e.g. sms) is black so cant be read - icons look fine though

@ Paul - Facebook doesn't sync anymore. Any reason for this?

Edited by EddyOS

Guest StuMcBill

Anyone got any early thoughts on battery life using r19? Does display still eat up a lot of percentage?

Is this built from source, or ported from the Nexus one?

Does it still have the echo issue either way?

Guest djtosh

im dying to use this froyo rom, but im scared of the echo calls. Is this still a problem in r19?

video recording will be missed but im not that bothered bout it. Im guessin most of these bugs will be ironed out using the source.

Guest nekromantik
This is a port, I am setting up to build the source now and look at what I can incorporate.

P

can you please upload the r19 pre bakes