MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Frankish

Paul you are the only person who can probably answer why I can't flash a froyo rom. I think it may be wipe related. It's definitely not SD related iv tested. I really want to use this rom. Just need to sort my problem out!

Guest Frankish
I flashed r19 from fresh (wiped all) and the mic don't work! Other party can't ear me ;) Any idea ?

Try wiping again and reflash.

Guest StuMcBill
This is a port, I am setting up to build the source now and look at what I can incorporate.

P

Cool, thanks for the reply Paul.

Look forward to seeing what you can do with it. :-)

Guest hally83

Just installed this after getting impatient waiting for a fully stable release. Its awesome!

I had a Vanilla rom on my Hero which I actually preferred to Sense if only for the speed.

This seems very very slightly laggy when switching screens, but the new gallery app is awesome!

Only FC's ive had so far are Google Goggles and the camcorder (I know it said it didnt work but I had to try - forced rebooted actaully!)

Oh, and my Copilot wont work either ;) good job I dont need to go anywhere.

Guest Abra Cadabra

Exchange sync still not working for me.. ;)

Back to MCR31 for now.

Can someone who's using exchange on Froyo provide any details.. are you using SSL or VPN etc.

Guest pete.major

Hi Paul,

The online kitchen is amazing... baking on the fly. Nice work!

Just one issue with r19, Facebook sync doesn't work for me... it was ok on r17 and r18

Pete

Guest Stewcp
Oh, and my Copilot wont work either :( good job I dont need to go anywhere.

Even now theres still no update for FROYO... but NDrive works just fine if you need something... or for FREE, use Google Navigator ;)

Guest marcuso
This is a port, I am setting up to build the source now and look at what I can incorporate.

P

Just out of curiosity: Can someone explain what exactly is the difference between a port and build from source.

I think i know what a source-build is, but what is a port ? How can r19 be based on FRF83 if not built from source ? I thought FRF83 is only available as source currently.

I would think i port is a ready-build rom with slight modifications.

Marcus

Guest Time Sheep

Lol, I installed r18 today, when I'm done, I complain about no Sense UI. I get used to it, and then there is an r19 ;)

So I update again (Without wiping) and it worked perfectly.

The missing phone thing got fixed, but the built in message system FC's when opening a message :/

@marcuso

A port is when you have found it somewhere else and modified it to work with this platform ;D

Edited by Time Sheep

Guest Frankish
Just out of curiosity: Can someone explain what exactly is the difference between a port and build from source.

I think i know what a source-build is, but what is a port ? How can r19 be based on FRF83 if not built from source ? I thought FRF83 is only available as source currently.

I would think i port is a ready-build rom with slight modifications.

Marcus

I think its pretty much the fact that the port is from a ready built nexus rom. From source means its built from the ground up specifically for the device.

Guest Johnstevedoe

Not sure if I should update to r19.. r18 has brought the absolute best battery life of any ROM (incl. stock) so far. Unplugged for 17 hours, 40% battery left, ~ 30 minutes of talk time + 30 minutes of web browsing with Flash 10.1 + backing up all apps & data.

Guest DorsetSi

Ahh, good to know.

Here is a funny one: had anyone noticed that wallpapers applied from pics are quite blurry? This is my first root n rom on the desire and I have applied a picture I always use, but it appears blurred and nowhere near as sharp as on stock :s

Guest MikGriff
Market downloads are failing, they start and then say 'download unsuccessful' - any reason?

Go into Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Market > Clear Cache

Solved it for me on PaYs Sparta.

Guest Noonski

Fancy Widget included with latest version, thanks!

I can live without Video for a few days.

Let's see if it survives with the many crapps I have installed to SD.

I also don't want HTC Facebook, HTC Mail, Peep or Google Goggles ;)

(K9 Mail, Goggles & Twitter on SD)

Well that ride had a few bumps, everything's back to normal with everything set up really nice.

Great Flashing experience, going to make an even slimmer one :(

Edited by Noonski

Guest gandalfmuaddib
Hi Paul,

The online kitchen is amazing... baking on the fly. Nice work!

Just one issue with r19, Facebook sync doesn't work for me... it was ok on r17 and r18

Pete

I can confirm that Facebook sync isn't working (i.e. it cannot be added to Accounts & Sync)

On another note, Fancy Widget got updated (again)? Not that they are an issue... Just nitpicking ;)

Great job again with the kitchen, as always!

Edited by gandalfmuaddib

Guest amirx

Thanks Paul, BTW i downloaded r18 and flash it to my devices and get this error, E: Error finishing BOOT: E: Failure at line 386: write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT: Installation aborted.

I saw some user also face this problem. Still no solution back? or should i revert back to previous ROM? Thanks for great work Paul

Guest MIYU-G

pual,how could I fix the openvpn issue? since I use your desire sense rom,the issue always there & not be fixed ;)

Edited by MIYU-G

Guest hally83
Ahh, good to know.

Here is a funny one: had anyone noticed that wallpapers applied from pics are quite blurry? This is my first root n rom on the desire and I have applied a picture I always use, but it appears blurred and nowhere near as sharp as on stock :s

I noticed the complete opposite! on stock Sense 2.1 the backgrounds were very blurry from a pic, but on this they are clear as day! strange.

Guest keleko
I can confirm that Facebook sync isn't working (i.e. it cannot be added to Accounts & Sync)

I too am having this problem, is there a fix or do we just have to wait till r20?