MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest afiorillo
Side note:

Paul, trackpad isn't working anymore - at least not when scrolling through text

That's not true for all of us, though: it's working for me. ;-)

Guest Ceased2be

Just installed r20 and the only thing so far that doesn't work seems to be CoPilot it closes with the message:

"Invalid Library

CoPilot's code cannot be loaded by the system"

And after that it closes.

Don't know if this is a fault in the ROM or in CoPilot...

Guest miguelsanchez79

guys,

sorry for noob question but how can I enable jonasl's HTC IME keybord?

I did bake it into my rom, can see it in settings but have no idea how to change it from standard android input method.

any help appreciated :lol:

ps... great work Paul

Edited by miguelsanchez79

Guest battletank
guys,

I did bake it into my rom, can see it in settings but have no idea how to change it from standard android input method.

ps... great work Paul

Just press your finger for a second or two on any text input field then a box will pop up giving you the option to change input method.

Guest dancedreamfly
guys,

ps... great work Paul

After enabling it in settings, long press on any text input box, go to input method and select HTC_IME.

Guest miguelsanchez79
Just press your finger for a second or two on any text input field then a box will pop up giving you the option to change input method.

I knew it'll be simple :lol:

thanks

Guest scotch whisky
I think you're both being a little unfair. Personally I'm comparing my battery life to that demonstrated by other posters here - for example there's no way 12 hours would leave 75% of life left on my Desire; even if I didn't use it at all.

I only expect what others seem to be reporting here.

I really do have over 75% life left after 12 hours.

Here is the proof.post-669712-1277901116_thumb.jpg

I am using "Juice Defender" to automatically switch off data between midnight and 8.00 a.m.

Edited by scotch whisky

Guest nekromantik

Here is the proof.post-669712-1277901116_thumb.jpg

I am using "Juice Defender" to automatically switch off data between midnight and 8.00 a.m.

i found the latest version of JD on froyo ROMs seems to make battery life worse.

It worked well on 2.1 ROMs however.

Guest scotch whisky
i found the latest version of JD on froyo ROMs seems to make battery life worse.

It worked well on 2.1 ROMs however.

The latest version of JD (1.7.2beta) works fine on FROYO roms. The plot shown is with modaco r20 froyo.

Edited by scotch whisky

Guest scotch whisky
where is r20 Modaco ROM from,I cant find it on first site

Read the title of this thread!

29/Jun r20 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen - Froyo FRF85B - CAMCORDER FIX

Guest KHShapiro

ok , got my bt to work after serveral wipes and reinstalls, i noticed different installs took different amount of time to boot u , some where quick so where veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy slow also different nstalls made different programs work and other to stop working. i redownloaded my baked version and the only thing i cant get to work now is the fancy widget, anyone have a zip i can use??? Love to ROM

Guest bazzlad

Anyone got any idea how to run Java files on 2.2? Jbed isn't installed (nor will it when i grab it from my 2.1) - and I need to run my *blushes* Subway Card program!

Anyone help?

Guest Ceased2be

Another (simple) question; what do I need to restore exactly with Titanium to get my SMS-messages back?

I tried restoring only the data from the messaging app but that does not seem to be enough.

App+Data for ChompSMS and Messaging didn't restore the messages too.

If I do a fulll app+data restore (including system files) I get them back but then the settings won't work (coming from a 2.1 ROM).

So can anyone tell me what I can do?

thanks

CzD

Not sure if you've tried using two Pure Messenger widgets together - one for 'Friendstream', one for mail.... invariably the two get very clunky and mixed up. There also aren't comparable widgets for bookmarks or contacts, specifically with scrolling.

In fact, I am using 3 pure messenger widgets, one as 4x4 scroll list only for fb and twitter (as friendstream replacement), then 4x4 normal one for sms and email, the third one is 4x2 normal with everything on it... and so far all of them are working fine.. the only things that bothers me is that if after we setup widget with disable fb or twitter and then we try to add another widget, we need to configure the permission again...

but compare to sense, I prefer this because I can configure what should be synchronized on that widgets.

Btw, pure messenger is improving on every update version...

I agree, the contacts widget is not there, and all the replacement that i've tried is not as good as sense one. But I rather missing the contact widget than not trying froyo. Everything has its own price and for me it's all worth it.

Guest medomedo
Gone away from MCR for a few weeks (DeFroST, OpenDesire, etc.), now flashed back home ;-) with this r20 and...AWWWWW! the smoothest FroYo ROM ever!

After a deep wipe I got ALL my apps back installed automatically, all is just working perfectly.

I'll go for a nighttime juice draining test.

Kudos to Paul for this piece of work!

Can you briefly describe problems you faced with DeFroST, OpenDesire in comparison to r20. Thanks!

Guest hally83
Just installed r20 and the only thing so far that doesn't work seems to be CoPilot it closes with the message:

"Invalid Library

CoPilot's code cannot be loaded by the system"

And after that it closes.

Don't know if this is a fault in the ROM or in CoPilot...

It's Froyo - copilot does not work with any Froyo rom yet.

Guest battletank
Possibly just me (or the O2 network here) - but, having gone out of my usual wifi area, I have 4 bars of 3G signal, but no data connection...

Nothing to do with r20 - the latest version of SwitchPro widget defaults to data connection off, even if you haven't selected a 'data connection' button...

Guest spammyspam

I didn't disbelieve you, I just thought it was unfair to say others have unreasonable expectations when all they want are the results you're getting.

Guest afiorillo
Can you briefly describe problems you faced with DeFroST, OpenDesire in comparison to r20. Thanks!

OpenDesire is a work in progress, although in three days only it became an almost mature ROM: very fast, lightweight, clean as expected from a native build (not a port). Some bugs, lack of A2SD+ (now working).

DeFroST is a stable port, its creator (richardtrip) is an awesome guy that releases up to seven updates in a single day; the ROM is rock stable and flexible (many kernel choices).

MCR r20 is a totally different experience to me. Much smoother than any other FroYo ROM I've seen so far, my sensation is that it eats up memory at a lower rate too (I don't know if this is true or an illusion only, time will tell).

Battery performance is quite the same for all ROMs, r20 is actually under investigation. Never suffered of echoes / white noises.

Edited by afiorillo

Guest afiorillo
I didn't disbelieve you, I just thought it was unfair to say others have unreasonable expectations when all they want are the results you're getting.

The Desire and its ROM is not the only actor in this arena: there's the user too -- you. ;-)

I make an ultra-intensive use of my device, other people use it "only" for phone calls and occasional stuff. Me and these people can't just expect the same performance from the same battery. ;-)