MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest sintaku

I moved from r3 of the 2.1 mcr rom to the r19 of the froyo one and I found it force closed a lot and didn't really allow me to restore everything properly with titanium backup. So I moved back to r3 then up to r3.1 with a2sd+.

I was wondering if this was just due to titanium backup and not froyo itself? And a second question is that i have a2sd+ on mcr r3.1, if i move to r20 with a2sd (when the prebake comes out). Is there going to be any problems? Do I need to factory reset everything? Also should i restore everything from titanium backup or are somethings not supposed to be installed from the backup?

Guest medomedo
OpenDesire is a work in progress, although in three days only it became an almost mature ROM: very fast, lightweight, clean as expected from a native build (not a port). Some bugs, lack of A2SD+ (now working).

DeFroST is a stable port, its creator (richardtrip) is an awesome guy that releases up to seven updates in a single day; the ROM is rock stable and flexible (many kernel choices).

MCR r20 is a totally different experience to me. Much smoother than any other FroYo ROM I've seen so far, my sensation is that it eats up memory at a lower rate too (I don't know if this is true or an illusion only, time will tell).

Battery performance is quite the same for all ROMs, r20 is actually under investigation. Never suffered of echoes / white noises.

Thanks for sharing your experience. My take is Froyo can be faster using sourcecode. I am sure Paul is working on a build from source.

My other take is to advice others to buy N1 instead of Desire :-)

Guest dee163

I installed the 2.2 Modaco last night.

2 things I need answers for:

I cannot sync my pc contacts with the phone --- HTC SYNC not working when phone plugged in.

How to remove the SECUREWAVE , it is very annoying.

I hope someone can help me

Guest klutsh
I cannot sync my pc contacts with the phone --- HTC SYNC not working when phone plugged in.

This has already been answered over and over again...

YOU CAN ONLY USE HTC SYNC WHEN YOU ARE RUNNING THE SENSE UI

Your second question has also been answered over and over again.

Edited by klutsh

Guest dee163

Dear Sir,

I am you give me the link for my second question.

Also, The stock o/s I used to sync my Outlook contact with HTC Sync , why the change?

I am a Newbie

Guest battletank
Great work, Paul. Thanx for all your work. I'm going to use this ROM as my daily one.

P.S. I've made a little theme for it with black notif. bar in stock desire style + dark lockscreen sliders. Theme is in update zip file, but it's not signed, so use ClockWork recovery and do a nandroid first.

Would love an FRF85B updated version of this theme!

Guest battletank
Dear Sir,

I am you give me the link for my second question.

Also, The stock o/s I used to sync my Outlook contact with HTC Sync , why the change?

I am a Newbie

HTC Sense is installed as part of the official Android on HTC devices. It is deeply integrated.

The releases of Froyo (a newer release of Android) do not include HTC Sense, because HTC have not made a compatible version yet.

As HTC sync is part of this software, it is not, and cannot be, included at this time. It will not be included until HTC make an official release.

For removing system apps, like WaveSecure, look here: http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...adb-in-windows/

Guest battletank
I put one up this morning didn't I? It was based on da900's in the first place...

You did, and it's great, but I loved the full HTC Sense look, complete with dark backgrounds on buttons/menus.

I'm fussy, sorry! :lol:

Guest dee163

Dear Sir,

I am trying to restore my original o/s , followed the instructions and it keeps saying I need HTC sync to complete the procee.

Is there another way to restore, I have the original RUU

Guest EddyOS

Dark backgrounds wasn't full Sense :lol: - YouTube it and you'll see mine is a 'proper' Desire theme

Edited by EddyOS

Guest sporkguy
The problem is HTC Sync not reconising the phone

WHAT TO DO?

Guest dee163

PLEASE HELP

ERROR The ROM update utility cannot connect to your android phone .

Please check the USB cable is connected properly between the PC and the Android Phone.

I checked everything and I cannot find nothing wrong I need to flash the original RUU

Guest toxxico

i have same problem. i saved contacts on htc sync. anyone know anyway i can transfer contacts saved on htc sync to froyo r20 update.

Guest EddyOS

You

Can't

Use

HTC

Sync

With

This

ROM!!!!!!!

Do not ask again! You need a ROM with HTC Sense to use HTC Sync - and this ROM doesn't have that

Edited by EddyOS

Guest dee163

Dear Sir,

I am a newbie can you please advise me how to restore the original RUU?

You

Can't

Use

HTC

Sync

With

This

ROM!!!!!!!

Do not ask again! You need a ROM with HTC Sense to use HTC Sync - and this ROM doesn't have that

Guest EddyOS

Start your own thread rather than hijacking this one (which is nothing to do with your issue)

But, you might wanna flash an MCR r3.1 Sense ROM so you can use HTC Sync and THEN flash the RUU to go back to stock

Guest sporkguy

EddyOS is right - because this isn't a HTC ROM you _cannot_ use HTC Sync as the base isn't installed on the r20 ROM to enable it.

If you created a nandroid backup before you flashed to r20 - then I'd advise going back to that if you only have your contacts in HTC Sync. Alternatively, export them to your Google account like I have... then they're available everywhere

Edited by sporkguy

Guest miguelsanchez79

Do you have any problems with 'car home'? Every time I use it Im not able to leave application and have to reboot.

Guest sucramco
i have same problem. i saved contacts on htc sync. anyone know anyway i can transfer contacts saved on htc sync to froyo r20 update.

Yes it is quite easy.

I never saved any contacts to my googlemail account, this is the best way in the future, as then you can just import from that, otherwise read on.

When you sinc initially with the desire you want to save to contacts in outlook.

Those with a Froyo rom on their phone, on your PC go in outlook express, for me it is MS outlook.

On the right hand side click contacts. This is where HTC saves them.

Highlight all contacts, right click and click send full contact, then internet format (vcard)

This will then attach to an email.

Send to your google account (will go straight to your phone) or your personal email.

I sent to my personal email and saved all the attachments in a new folder renamed to contacts on my desktop.

Move this folder into the root of your SD card.

Then under phone contacts, press menu, then import/export.

Then import from SD card, you then get a choice of how many you want to import, just select the lot, job done.

I saved in a folder on my my desktop so I knew I had a good back up.

Not the best description but you should be able to understand.

Edited by sucramco