MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Golgo

I'm really impressed by the work of Paul and others getting Froyo on our beloved Desire but browsing through the last couple of pages, it seems to me you have to be pretty damn desperate for 2.2 if you choose this or any other Froyo rom over for example MCR 3.1 :lol:

Guest jfran
Pardon the noob question, but whether this rom contain FM radio? :lol:

no it doesnt ha an FM Radio, as the fm radio is a htc addon and not a standard android app

Guest GanjBass

Look nc rom...some issues with screen brightness..i use auto and the screen is very dark...

I have problem to sychronise with htc sync....

The most oh my contacts are there:(((

Anyone knows how to connect with htc sync and sychronise?

Guest sucramco
Look nc rom...some issues with screen brightness..i use auto and the screen is very dark...

I have problem to sychronise with htc sync....

The most oh my contacts are there:(((

Anyone knows how to connect with htc sync and sychronise?

Please go back a couple of pages and read all the replies. You will see it being covered again.

Guest hally83
Found this over on XDA, and it seemed to help with the phone echo, just do a backup before flashing preferably with RomManager.

rgds

Jim

Cheers, I've been running R19 for a week, no probs but the other party started getting echo's about 2 days ago. fine for me but they can hear themselves.

Bundled this in with my r20 kitchen build and i'll report back!

Guest xodeus

I've seen some ROMs running a camcorder with a higher resolution 800x480. Will this ROM support this? What about the sound quality when recording, it sounds like an old telephone.

What if I want to overclock this ROM, can you provide a Setcpu.txt to use securely with this ROM?

And at last. I really like your work. This is the best and most complete ROM, I've seen.

Please DO NOT ever remove Fancy Widget from this ROM

Guest alan walker

Hey guys, got the froyo prebaked rom on and its working though i've got a error.

When i hit the phone icon to make a call, it says this application is not installed on my phone and i've also got no contacts app.

Any ideas?

Edited by alan walker

Guest gabaltariq

Hi all.

I am new to this, looks like I've just been coping and pasting, so apologise for that. Anyway what I'd like to know is, will this fix the broken WiFi that was the result of the last update?

Many thanks.

Guest TheDeadCpu
Hi all.

I am new to this, looks like I've just been coping and pasting, so apologise for that. Anyway what I'd like to know is, will this fix the broken WiFi that was the result of the last update?

Many thanks.

Wifi works very good.

Guest dancedreamfly
Hey guys, got the froyo prebaked rom on and its working though i've got a error.

When i hit the phone icon to make a call, it says this application is not installed on my phone and i've also got no contacts app.

Any ideas?

Did you do a wipe before flashing?

HI Paul,

Can you include HTC SYNC with this mod?

You can only use HTC Sync with ROM's that have Sense.

Guest ourfear
Hi all.

Many thanks.

i flashed r20 yesterday, wifi works fine

but i just found a bug: bad quality/fps video playback

Guest rameses

I just flashed this and had a bit of a trauma to start with.

I made my goldcard and rooted my phone to r6. Baked an r20 rom (which took only a few mins to download), installed fake flash and updated rom to r20.

All appeared to be ok apart from messaging kept throwing up a force close error and when I tried to use the actual phone the error said "this application is not installed on your phone"

I thought I'd shafted it :D

HOWEVER, a bit googling later I read that doing a wipe and a re flash should fix this, which it has :lol:

And as an added bonus it's good to be back in Modaco Ad free.

Guest Koh KW
trackball has stopped working for me :lol: :D

I was on r19 and it was still happening to me. Hence I'm back on 3.1 :-)

Gonna sit back and watch till a stable one comes along.

I'm sure Paul is aware of this and is working to resolve it whenever possible.

Guest Nick5ter

Wifi works, but it turns off when the Device goes the sleep.

The WiFi Sleep Policy is set to never, and the wifi connection appears to be maintained but it drops the actual connection meaning that any streaming media or exchange push mail does not get to the device.

Best way to test would be to ping the device with the -t switch and watch it drop as soon as that screen goes off...

Ofc if you set the wifi sleep policy to disable the wifi when the screen goes to sleep the device switches to 3G defeating the whole point of having wifi on the device if you say want to stream last.fm... Email ain't so much a problem as that doesn't eat loads of data.

So if someone does know a solution to this problem i'd be very grateful.

Guest battletank
is it just me or mobile data is not working ?

APN configuration somewhere ?

I ran into the same problem (a few pages back) - it turned out to be a new release of SwitchPro widget which came at the same time as this ROM - the widget defaults to data connection OFF. You have to create a SwitchPro widget instance with a data connection button, switch it on, then delete the widget.

Guest gosnis
Wifi works, but it turns off when the Device goes the sleep.

The WiFi Sleep Policy is set to never, and the wifi connection appears to be maintained but it drops the actual connection meaning that any streaming media or exchange push mail does not get to the device.

Best way to test would be to ping the device with the -t switch and watch it drop as soon as that screen goes off...

Ofc if you set the wifi sleep policy to disable the wifi when the screen goes to sleep the device switches to 3G defeating the whole point of having wifi on the device if you say want to stream last.fm... Email ain't so much a problem as that doesn't eat loads of data.

So if someone does know a solution to this problem i'd be very grateful.

I have the same problem. Checked two other ROMs (DeFroST and OpenDesire) and it's the same sad story.

Guest afiorillo
Todo-list For Paul :lol:

- Reboot option

- HSDPA

- FM Radio app

- 720p recording

THANK YOU! :D

HSDPA is actually working, it's the icon that is not showing.

Guest EddyOS

- Radio won't work as it's an HTC app and not Android

- 720p won't work until a new radio is released by HTC

- Reboot is in the new spare parts

Guest Kevin La.

And FM cannot seems to be implemented before HTC release its update... It's a HTC addon not a Desire feature.

Edited by Kevin La.