MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dee163

LOVE the 2.2 ROm.

I was wondering how can I sync my outlook contacts from phone.

Please suggest apps since HTC Sync is not part of this ROM

Guest EddyOS
LOVE the 2.2 ROm.

I was wondering how can I sync my outlook contacts from phone.

Please suggest apps since HTC Sync is not part of this ROM

Easiest way:

Export contacts to a CSV file, import to your Gmail account, sync Gmail account with phone

Edited by EddyOS

Guest Ceased2be

Found no further issues myself except for the echo-issues that have been mentioned numerous times before. The patch that was posted a few pages back didn't solve the problems.

Guest ourfear
Found no further issues myself except for the echo-issues that have been mentioned numerous times before. The patch that was posted a few pages back didn't solve the problems.

hi Ceased2be, could you test to play a mp4 file in r20? i have bad quality and slow fps with movie playback in r20

Guest sucramco

To be fair, I have installed defrost's hi res update, and it definitely is not hi resolution. Sure it fits the screen, but the. picture is awfull. At least it works I suppose.

I was going to hang on for the froyo build and not the port from Paul. I couldn't wait, so now I might just have to back this up and leave the 3. 1 alone.

This easily the best.

Guest roelwillems
I'm currently running r20 and must say it's a great rom.. no hickups so far besides:

- sennheiser cx300 headset (headset with mic) isn't recognized. On stock rom it worked, but on the r20 rom only regular headsets work (not the 3 sections mini-jack the cx300 is using). Could this solved by flashing a different radio?

- I have the feeling the rom has some reception issues, although it could well be Vodafone having a bad day. So I will investigate this further.

Besides the minor hickups it's one of the best ROMs I tried!

In addition to the first to minor hickups:

- the Optical trackpad isn't working ether.

Guest kay9jay

im having problem with A2SD (low space warning).

i am new to linux/android.

i set up my sdcard using gparted on puppylinux.

i didnt use clockwordmod/rom manager as it doesnt allow 1024mb for ext3... weird: clockworkmod recovery doesnt boot anyways.

the partitions seem to work properly. /system/sd/app & apps are on sd (checked with Adb Shell).

also, there are mmcblk0p* in dev/block. a2sd doesnt work properly... i tried to look into this myself (moving files, setting up in adbshell)

i am getting the low space warning and am not able to install more apps... A2SD bug???

maybe a problem with the script 40a2sd ???

im a a novice i cant find it out. i have rebooted the phone several times already. maybe the script dont free up space on /data?

Edited by kay9jay

Guest M Brouns

Auch... did the Nadroid backup. Then the (ROM kitchen built) update by installing the ZIP and it went through the initial boot fine but just after the android animations it went black. Now recovering the Nandroid backup.

>>>Surely hope I didnot brick it?!!

Seems I did not brick it...

Have a Rooted (but not officially updated) HTC Desire.

Firmware version 2.1-update1

Baseband version Baseband version 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel version 2.6.29.97da29ed htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number 1.15.405.4 CL155070 release-keys

Software number 1.15.405.4

Browser version WebKit 3.1

Hunches, anyone?

Edited by M Brouns

Guest roelwillems
In addition to the first to minor hickups:

- the Optical trackpad isn't working ether.

Just flashed the 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 radio and the trackpad is working like a charm again. I will monitor battery drain but if it's acceptable this could well be the fix for the Optical trackpad issues.

The reception seems to be a bit better also, the hsdpa connection feels more stable anyway.

The 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 radio didn't make my Desire recognize the Sennheiser cx300 so that's a pitty.

Additional information:

I'm running:

Baseband version: 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27267-ga87c30b paul@Paul-OBriens-iMac #1

Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM r20 for the HTC Desire (FRF85B)

Guest KHShapiro

just installed the new updated r20 works well.

how do i go about pushing an apk ? Something i cant get working is the Rockplayer for divx, was working on the 3.1 but wont work now and i cant push the apk since my puter and phone wont sync, any suggestions?

oh i tried mking a zip file with the apk and baking it into the rom but i guess it doesnt work that was cause the player still wont open

Guest hally83
Auch... did the Nadroid backup. Then the (ROM kitchen built) update by installing the ZIP and it went through the initial boot fine but just after the android animations it went black. Now recovering the Nandroid backup.

>>>Surely hope I didnot brick it?!!

Seems I did not brick it...

Have a Rooted (but not officially updated) HTC Desire.

Firmware version 2.1-update1

Baseband version Baseband version 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11

Kernel version 2.6.29.97da29ed htc-kernel@and18-2 #1

Build number 1.15.405.4 CL155070 release-keys

Software number 1.15.405.4

Browser version WebKit 3.1

Hunches, anyone?

How long did you leave it? after installing Froyo and going through the HTC animations, mine went black for about 5 mins, didnt respond to key presses, then sprung into life.

Guest hally83

2nd-ed - I have no echo at my end but people on the other end of the phone are saying there is a horrendous echo.

Guest Sturmfury

I just installed the r20 and it works well. Only problem i have is that my downloaded apps dont seem to be installed on the sd card. Is there something wrong with the apps to sd? Anyone else encounter something like this?

Guest EddyOS
2nd-ed - I have no echo at my end but people on the other end of the phone are saying there is a horrendous echo.

That's always been the problem, you always get nothing - echo is the person you're speaking to :lol:

Edited by EddyOS

Guest kay9jay
I just installed the r20 and it works well. Only problem i have is that my downloaded apps dont seem to be installed on the sd card. Is there something wrong with the apps to sd? Anyone else encounter something like this?

my post with a very similar problem is just 10 posts above your post.

i fiddled a bit myself and there definatelly seems to be something wrong.

seems to me that the apps are copied to /system/sd/apps but still remain in the phone's memory.

i tried a bit but couldnt fix this.

Guest sucramco
You'll still need to wipe data, so Titanium Backup is probably your best option.

Be careful with Titanium back up, remember these apps have data that was used on the 3.1 rom. This can cause force closes. I had to re-install severall times wiping before installing because of force closes. I realised it was because I restored using Titanium. In the end I just restored some apps but no data and certainly no system data.

Now pretty much everything is fine.

Guest Sturmfury
my post with a very similar problem is just 10 posts above your post.

i fiddled a bit myself and there definatelly seems to be something wrong.

seems to me that the apps are copied to /system/sd/apps but still remain in the phone's memory.

i tried a bit but couldnt fix this.

I tried to look at the /system/sd/apps folder for the apps i downloaded and installed, and the only ones i see are the system ones. Wonder if the " pm setInstallLocation 2 " command will work?

Guest hally83
That's always been the problem, you always get nothing - echo is the person you're speaking to :lol:

Yeah, but the odd thing is my phone was fine for about 3 days after installing r19 then started the echo. Upgraded to r20 and bundled the modified phone.apk in and it's still there. :D

This the the only thing stopping it being perfect!

Guest theboxman

hmmmm looks likes the hickups still aren't quite out of this new rom then....

I think I'll hold off a little while longer......

Also has anyone here got imobsters? I'm wondering whether I'll lose my character if i reflash then restore an uptodate backup with titanium.....I'm just not sure *how* storm8 identify my handset as the one relating to my character.....

But I'll take the plunge anyway once this process seems a little smoother as I've looked at the froyo browser reviews ;-)

Also any problems with Orange UK here? Is that radio that caused the problems bundled with this?

Guest kay9jay
I tried to look at the /system/sd/apps folder for the apps i downloaded and installed, and the only ones i see are the system ones. Wonder if the " pm setInstallLocation 2 " command will work?

that may very well be correct.

like i said i fiddled a bit myself to move the files...

the 402sd init script looked correct though (but im a n00b...)

Guest roelwillems
Just flashed the 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 radio and the trackpad is working like a charm again. I will monitor battery drain but if it's acceptable this could well be the fix for the Optical trackpad issues.

The reception seems to be a bit better also, the hsdpa connection feels more stable anyway.

The 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 radio didn't make my Desire recognize the Sennheiser cx300 so that's a pitty.

Additional information:

I'm running:

Baseband version: 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2

Kernel version: 2.6.32.9-27267-ga87c30b paul@Paul-OBriens-iMac #1

Build number: MoDaCo Custom ROM r20 for the HTC Desire (FRF85B)

Also fixed the headset, using cubed music player without an "Music" folder on the SD made the cubed player not running correctly while "capturing" all clicks on the buttons of the headset remote. The headset icon is still missing, but sound/mic works properly and the button starts/stops the music.

Now I can say for real that this is the best ROM I've ever used!