MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bunglehaze
Managed to flash this rom, in my excitement I forgot to take a nandroid backup before I did so and now im faced with a small issue - there is no phone function installed?? Is this something extra I am supposed to install or has something borked?

I am on vodafone UK, and setup for a2sd (fat16@1100mb and ext2@800mb on my test card)

cheers

Got this yesterday - had to wipe and re-install.

Thanks, tried a few wipes/reinstalls and in the end decided to try a different rom (shadowfrost 1.3) the dialler functions all work fine but I would still like to try the MCR - any ideas why this might be happening so I can fix it?

Guest OJNx8g

Just popping on to say a big Thank You to Paul (and team) for the outstanding work. Just jumped my HTC Desire from MCR 3.1 to FRF91. No real dramas other than the phone function not working after install - had to get into recovery by holding power + volume down, then selecting Recovery then doing power + volume up and wiping cache and data. All works a treat! Signed up for an ad free account - cherrrrrrz :lol:

Guest OJNx8g
What is wrong with online kitchen??? :D

It seems to be a little overwhelmed. I had to wait about 45 minutes before finally getting a baked ROM to download (kitchen wouldn't load, BAKE button does nothing and connection to romraid server seemed a little unreliable at times - still, well worth the wait :lol:). Delia is baking her rocks off!

Edited by OJNx8g

Guest vfrvulcan

I hit the Bake button and the tab has been saying loading for over 15 minutes, waiting for the kitchen. Do I give up at this point or has it made it into the queue?

Guest medomedo

Hi everyone,

Just a thought that I want to share. By playing cat and mouse with Android releases we are wasting good deal of time. In some sense we serve the phones not the way around. We wait for new release, create initial ROM, test wifi, BT, echo, cam, cam resolution, visual, trackball, battery. I am writing coz I am frustrated with my first Android device. We have to find a way to break this loop. Froyo was realsed in May, now we are in July (with no 100% working Froyo) and Gengerbred (3.0) is released in October. This is a black joke. We dont even know for certainty when HTC Froyo would visit Desire. there are many old mobiles that are still in the Dark, running 1.5. We also dont know if Google will release another N1, which is very unlikely. I am thankful for Paul, Richard, and AdamG for their work dont get me wrong.

Either we demand drivers from HTC or we boycott them. This sucks!!

Guest EddyOS

Exactly, it's a phone. Get over it.

2.1 is an awesome OS, just people on here can't bare to wait!!! I've actually gone back to stock as I never had an issue with 2.1 - I was just curious. I like the speed of FroYo but it's not the end of the world not getting it. Google have officially started the roll out in the last week or so - May was a leak so it's not 'been out' since then. And beside, it's only just July :lol:

Wanna know how many apps are on my Desire?

I don't need A2SD, I don't play games on it, I don't watch movies on it. It's a phone, a communications tool. I use it for email and keeping in contact with friends via FB/Twitter

Of course HTC aren't going to update older phones - means you have to buy a new one to get the latest OS. Same as Apple, same as Microsoft. Anything you buy is out of date within weeks so no point crying about it

Enjoy the Desire for what it is, the best handset on the market today. When FroYo comes along it will only make it better :D

Guest Noonski
Hi everyone,

Just a thought that I want to share. By playing cat and mouse with Android releases we are wasting good deal of time. In some sense we serve the phones not the way around. We wait for new release, create initial ROM, test wifi, BT, echo, cam, cam resolution, visual, trackball, battery. I am writing coz I am frustrated with my first Android device. We have to find a way to break this loop. Froyo was realsed in May, now we are in July (with no 100% working Froyo) and Gengerbred (3.0) is released in October. This is a black joke. We dont even know for certainty when HTC Froyo would visit Desire. there are many old mobiles that are still in the Dark, running 1.5. We also dont know if Google will release another N1, which is very unlikely. I am thankful for Paul, Richard, and AdamG for their work dont get me wrong.

Either we demand drivers from HTC or we boycott them. This sucks!!

Well Qualcom just did the community by releasing open source drivers for one of their chip sets.

Guest OJNx8g
I hit the Bake button and the tab has been saying loading for over 15 minutes, waiting for the kitchen. Do I give up at this point or has it made it into the queue?

Had the same experience. When the online kitchen finally had some spare steam, the download came almost instantly. I'd say wait 5-10 minutes and if it's hasn't offered you a download, try clicking again/page refresh (any more frequently and you'll just make the situation worse for everyone).

Guest vfrvulcan
Had the same experience. When the online kitchen finally had some spare steam, the download came almost instantly. I'd say wait 5-10 minutes and if it's hasn't offered you a download, try clicking again/page refresh (any more frequently and you'll just make the situation worse for everyone).

Thanks, I just accidentally closed Firefox - meant to kill the app in front!

Re-opened the page and it loaded quite fast so I quickly set up the ingredients. Having hit the bake again now I'll just leave Delia to work her magic :lol:

Edited by vfrvulcan

Guest jamaljmys

paul

i didn't go out of home today because iam busy by refreshing the first page of this thread, please boss, do something.

thank you for all your great works

Guest scotti2427

Managed to get past the WiFi disabled issue by changing my router security from WPA to WEP.

Anyone in the area need free WiFi access just park outside :-P

Correction - I havent fixed the WiFi issue - still got the same bloody problem. Looks like its back to Eclair.

Edited by scotti2427

Guest Madeli

2.1 is an awesome OS, just people on here can't bare to wait!!! I've actually gone back to stock as I never had an issue with 2.1 - I was just curious. I like the speed of FroYo but it's not the end of the world not getting it. Google have officially started the roll out in the last week or so - May was a leak so it's not 'been out' since then. And beside, it's only just July :lol:

I don't need A2SD, I don't play games on it, I don't watch movies on it. It's a phone, a communications tool. I use it for email and keeping in contact with friends via FB/Twitter

Of course HTC aren't going to update older phones - means you have to buy a new one to get the latest OS. Same as Apple, same as Microsoft. Anything you buy is out of date within weeks so no point crying about it

Enjoy the Desire for what it is, the best handset on the market today. When FroYo comes along it will only make it better :D

That is so very true! I've tried Froyo too... but i always go back to 2.1. I'll wait for the HTC release... and i'm not in a hurry.

Guest gabaltariq

Guest PeteT

Just trying R21. I have flashed the rom and it is sat on the white screen with HTC for about 35 mins now. I am getting slightly concerned. How long does this take?

Guest jamaljmys
Just trying R21. I have flashed the rom and it is sat on the white screen with HTC for about 35 mins now. I am getting slightly concerned. How long does this take?

from where you got R21? its available on online kitchen only

Guest PeteT

err help its now about 1 hour