MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Time Sheep

My phone never fixes when there is less than 7 sattelites.

and what I know of 1 is for sure not enough to determine your position. But I'm probably wrong :)

Don't pull the battery, first boot takes noticably longer than all other times you boot. Give it a few minutes.

EDIT: Don't think of this as a warning about removing the battery, it just doesn't solve anything.

About ROM manager I find it no easier than copying over my baked ROM and then using quick boot to quickly reboot into recovery and press update from zip.

Edited by Time Sheep

Guest Paulo Nobrega

and what I know of 1 is for sure not enough to determine your position. But I'm probably wrong :)

Don't pull the battery, first boot takes noticably longer than all other times you boot. Give it a few minutes.

EDIT: Don't think of this as a warning about removing the battery, it just doesn't solve anything.

About ROM manager I find it no easier than copying over my baked ROM and then using quick boot to quickly reboot into recovery and press update from zip.

I know what u mean Time Sheep... Using the fake-flash to acess recovery without a PC really is simpler, or at least it's very simple... And specially since, for the moment, it does not support OTA updates from Paul.

I just noticed Paul released a new ROM version.. So im gonna try that one...

Btw, since i dont use A2SD+ for now, is it possible to backup the SD card, partition the SD card, install froyo, and then copy the data again to SD (now with partitions)?

But i guess i will have to full wipe the phone right? cause all my installed apps are in ROM... Or do they go to SD card next time i update them???

Guest sinkingfish

Does the release of the new Rom (Froyo with Sense) spell the end of development of this Rom ?

I've come to much prefer vanilla over sense.

Edited by sinkingfish

Guest jfran
Ok.. ups...

I partitioned my SD card with ROM Manager... 512 for apps and 0 for swap..

Then entered rom manager, choose to update rom that i baked here (froyo + A2SD+)

no errors shown.. they it rebooted, showing HTC logo, then quietly brilliant... then puff... All back like it's dead... only removing battery i can try and do the same...

did i did something wrong?

its just taking time to load, so you give it a few moments before it loads ie wait for a while after seeing a blank screen after the quietly brilliant animation.

Ideally you should get a fix with 4 or 5 satelites

Does the release of the new Rom (Froyo with Sense) spell the end of development of this Rom ?

it all depends on paul, but i suspect there will be ongoing updates as there will be some after the vanilla look, and others after the HTC enhancements and not particularly Sense

Guest gavinchappell

No, you need at least 3 satellites (from memory) to fix your location, and with three it's still pretty poor accuracy. I was just pointing out that seemingly since the update it was a lot slower to find ANY satellites, normally I'd have expected it to find 2 or 3 very quickly and then once it's found those and got a lock on your position, it's a lot more trivial to work out where the other satellites are in the sky and lock onto those. It does seem to be working though now, I tried it again later on in the day and it picked up my position pretty quickly. I wonder if it's just because I had done a wipe and therefore to start with the handset didn't even have a rough idea of where I was located (i.e. if it knows you're in the UK then it knows roughly where the satellites are using AGPS, which can also work from phone tower locations, and can just try and fix from there before spreading the search wider).

Guest mariiiuusss

Quick question:

If I'm network locked and I change the radio, will I be able to use my network or I will be locked on my network also?

Guest Zooklubba

I have quite bad reception in my appartment and with r21 I get no reception at all. With my SE W880 I barely had reception at all, same as Xperia X10 but with stock rom I had better reception and now I have none at all. :/

Guest quentin2

I have meanwhile a problem. I have A2SD and a partitioned SD card inside - worked well till today...

Now when I install a new app from Market, it downloads it and then changes to "installing" - and this never ends... when I enter info page of this app, the button down is greyed out, so I cannot even abort. The "Speed up Market" script in the MCR does clear the current action list, but it happens with ANY app I try to install now... reboot didn't help as well...

What can I do...? Don't really want to wipe/flash...

q2.

Guest aryonoco

I have to agree with this. I hope Paul doesn't stop the development of this Stock Froyo ROM for Desire. I have it running on my phone now, and I actually prefer vanilla Android to Sense.

Of course not! :)

P

Guest ourfear
Of course not! :)

P

thx paul! i love vanilla too

now i moved to OpenDesire coz the new radio support

i will back when you release r22 :-)

Guest lomdar

i will back when you release r22 :-)

Same here. Hope to see r22 soon ;-)

Camera / Video camera and WiFi seem stable with this release thanks.

However I couldn't find the default 'Clock / Alarm Clock' application, so had to download one from the Android Market - no biggie as I assume I must have de-selected it from somewhere in the Online Kitchen. :)

Guest PeBo75

Hi,

please excuse me, i wasn't reading 66 pages on this thread but i have a specific question.

On different sources people are reporting that this ROM is not affected by the problem with random reboots when using 3G / GPS or both while charging the Desire.

Can you confirm this? Many people tend to say it's hardware, but then, why is there a difference between a ROM with and without HTCs additions?

To confirm this ROM doesn't suffer from the problem you should be able for at least 30 minutes to use Goole navigation with GPS/3G while charging, or (what also makes my MCR r4 Desire rebooting) try to use WiFi-Hotspot while charging. Sometimes even simple browsing leads to rebbot, with Dolphin HD or stock browser.

EDIT: WiFi-Hotspot can be used for hours, as long the battery lasts. But as soon as i connect the charger, no matter if wall or USB port, it will reboot within the next 5-10 minutes.

I use MCR r4 with the latest leaked radio, 32.41.00.32U

If you are not sure yet about your device please test some of the above mentioned and report.

Thanks & all the best

Peter

Edited by PeBo75

Guest mariiiuusss

If Paul will develop future versions of this wonderful ROM based on the new radio, all Orange users with locked phones are doomed (including me) :)(

My problem is that I can't unlock the phone (only from Orange, which costs 100 EURO) :D So maybe someone very smart will make a compatible version of the new radio (a hacked version) for us Orange users :P

Guest gavinchappell

There's at least two unlocking services listed on the front page of this forum. And I believe you can still use older radios with the new ROM but without 720p recording? Or are they a proper requirement now?

Guest mariiiuusss
There's at least two unlocking services listed on the front page of this forum. And I believe you can still use older radios with the new ROM but without 720p recording? Or are they a proper requirement now?

Personally I can't use those services. I tried and they can't unlock my phone.... they don't have the correct codes :angry:

I hope it's not a requirement for future ROMs :|

Guest ushmax

I'm still seeing trackball loss in r21. Anyone has any ideas what's up? (and if it's fixable?)

The problem is that sometimes (~1 per day) the trackball just stops working. Only a reboot fixes it. I also suspect (although I am not sure) that a dead trackball prevents CPU from sleeping.

Unfortunately it happens very rarely and goes unnoticed until later, so I don't know if I would be able to collect any log data. When there's no trackball, top, Running Services and Battery logs look ok (except that Battery log shows a suspiciously high CPU usage not accounted for by screen-on or partial wake).

Do I understand it right that the new radio (32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2) fixes it for r21?

Guest cinajohn

i will back when you release r22 :-)Same here. Hope to see r22 soon ;-)

I applied the newest 5.08.X radio while using this ROM with no issues whatsoever.

Is this not recommended?

Edited by cinajohn

Guest BatterOnItSC

Hi, am pretty new to Modaco and have installed R21 on my desire and know about the force close with Google Goggles, but has anyone had the same issue with iSyncr? (if anyone else uses it)

Thanks.

Edited by BatterOnItSC

Guest kaizeris

I have tryed to install, but unsuccessfully. can somebody write step by step how to install for recruit.

I geting erorr: No sd-ext found. skipping buckup..........

TY

Edited by kaizeris

Guest traspler

I didn't add the "2.1 build prop + Flash" option as I didn't want my Desire to identify itself as a 2.1 device but now it reports itself as a "passion" and I can therefore not use unrevoked to flash a recovery while using this ROM. Can I change that manually?