MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest HSingh

Ok i installed dolphin browser which is working, no contacts or people yet.

I installed Phonebook app, which shows my dialing history but not all my contacts, does not show People in main menu either ... how do i get back my contacts?

Guest HSingh

k i used nandroid and then advanced recovery and manually selected each thing to restore from boot to sd ext and old rom is back now

Guest aryonoco

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents (or is that pennies in UK?) and say that I've been running this ROM (r21) for the past week and it's super stable. It's simply brilliant. Hope you get to throw some more love at it Paul and that we get a r22 this month.

Guest roosterx

Is it just me, or do the battery drain faster with this compared to HTC orginal rom, and does anyone else seem to have a problem with needing to restart wifi on the phone to get it to connect to router after 'sleep'?

These problems are not consistent that's why i am curious if others have experienced the same, and who knows maybe i am just tired?! :angry:

Edited by roosterx

Guest ourfear
Is it just me, or do the battery drain faster with this compared to HTC orginal rom, and does anyone else seem to have a problem with needing to restart wifi on the phone to get it to connect to router after 'sleep'?

These problems are not consistent that's why i am curious if others have experienced the same, and who knows maybe i am just tired?! :angry:

i had same problem , so i moved to OpenDesire atm, i will back when paul release a new version :-)

Guest aryonoco

Yes battery definitely drains faster on this compared to the stock ROM, and I am sometimes having issues with Wifi as well. Sometimes it's connected to my router, but then it just doesn't transfer any data to it.

Guest dee163

This is the best ROM so far.

Paul, are there any new updates soon:)

Has anyone noticed a battery drain with this rom?

I hope the new release helps with the battery.

Guest Kevin La.

Very good battery for me with SetCPU and PowerManager profiles (about 20h/24h).

My use : IMAP push on 1 account and 30 minutes poll for 2 accounts, some call, many sms, some www and some other apps.

Guest EddyOS

Anyone got the bravo-keypad.kl file set to only turn on the screen with the power button? I had it but deleted it and can't remember what needs to be changed...

Guest aryonoco

I've tried MCR WIP R5 (the one Paul makes with Sense) but to be honest, it feels like a step back. The browser, I think is from Eclair and so many other Sense apps are really useless that even though I cooked my own ROM and got rid of as much sense as I could, it's still there.

This one is perfect, but it's radio is old and I had issues with the wifi dropping everytime the phone goes to sleep.

As Paul isn't updating this, I'm thinking about other vanilla ROMs, like Open Desire and DeFrost. Anyone know which one is more stable?

Guest defectivereject

I've come back to this one, as the HTC Sense version doesn't automatically restore your apps and what not from the market like this version does.

Guest ourfear
I've tried MCR WIP R5 (the one Paul makes with Sense) but to be honest, it feels like a step back. The browser, I think is from Eclair and so many other Sense apps are really useless that even though I cooked my own ROM and got rid of as much sense as I could, it's still there.

This one is perfect, but it's radio is old and I had issues with the wifi dropping everytime the phone goes to sleep.

As Paul isn't updating this, I'm thinking about other vanilla ROMs, like Open Desire and DeFrost. Anyone know which one is more stable?

i use Open Desire, it's better compared to DeFrost....

Guest kallsn

I really like this rom. Don't miss HTC Sense at all, i will definately keep away from it.

But i got one problem that bugs me: I have a green line on top of all youtube videos! I cleared the youtube-app cache, but still remains. That's so annoying... Anyone got a fix for that?

Here is a screenshot:

snapshot1e.png

Also the keys are not illuminated (or at least just extrem weak)... Known bug?

And is there a way to disable the Wifi icon when you turn wifi on and it is not connected? It's an ugly, useless icon... :/

Edited by kallsn

Guest AV1985

Will chime in as well and say I have used this ROM from the first load of releases, now with r21 and have also tried the other r5. This is far superior to any other ROM I've used. I tried r5 and I didn't like using the Sense People app rather than Contacts, just looked really rough and unstable whereas this one is just awesome. It's not 100% reliable and I'm sure Paul could make it even better and more stable, but it's still the best by a country mile.

Guest madleb

This is a great rom, the only issue i have come across is when i make a phone call people on the other end hear an echo, i cannot hear any echo and is crystal clear for me, is there any fix for this? would i need to update my radio??

Cheers

Paul

Edited by madleb

Guest GutterClown

I've just installed OpenDesire to get away from the echo issues people have mentioned to me.

Just for giggles, I ran the SetCPU short benchmarks before and after, from r21 and OD 2.1

r21, 250ish - 310ish

OD 2.1 580ish - 640ish

(all in milliseconds)

Exactly the same running processes, same widgets, same launcher, same google accounts.

So yes, I will be looking forward to r22, as OpenDesire is annoying me already.

Guest cinajohn

i use Open Desire, it's better compared to DeFrost....

I have actually flashed to the newest 5.09 radio using this ROM with no issues at all, only happiness. LOVE this ROM and I have tried most of the other vanilla ones out there.

Guest madleb
This is a great rom, the only issue i have come across is when i make a phone call people on the other end hear an echo, i cannot hear any echo and is crystal clear for me, is there any fix for this? would i need to update my radio??

Cheers

Paul

I have tested with the latest radio and still have the same issue, seems to be related to the actualy froyo builds for desire, hope there is a fix soon

Cheers

Paul