MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest argirisgr

modaco and guys i installed the rom and everything seems good except tha i cant open apps from the market... i wanted to open apps installer so i can install market enable but it wont open...also the browser cant open but dolphin can....what did i do wrong???

Guest GutterClown
modaco and guys i installed the rom and everything seems good except tha i cant open apps from the market... i wanted to open apps installer so i can install market enable but it wont open...also the browser cant open but dolphin can....what did i do wrong???

Did you do a full wipe before you flashed the new rom?

Guest argirisgr
Did you do a full wipe before you flashed the new rom?

full wipe???i wiped cache not data...and i just saw i cant call cause i have no phone app

Guest aryonoco
I have actually flashed to the newest 5.09 radio using this ROM with no issues at all, only happiness. LOVE this ROM and I have tried most of the other vanilla ones out there.

Interesting. I am using OpenDesire with the 5.09 radio now, and I don't have any echo or wifi issues, obviously that's probably the new radio doing it's work, so I'm quite pleased with that.

However OpenDesire is just not as polished as Paul's ROMs. I keep having market issues with it, and the screen is also sometimes not responsive.

Will try Paul's R21 again with the new radio, that might be the best of all worlds.

And yes, I hope there is going to be a r22 soon. Vanilla is just so much better than Sense.

Guest duryard
I've tried MCR WIP R5 (the one Paul makes with Sense) but to be honest, it feels like a step back. The browser, I think is from Eclair and so many other Sense apps are really useless that even though I cooked my own ROM and got rid of as much sense as I could, it's still there.

This one is perfect, but it's radio is old and I had issues with the wifi dropping everytime the phone goes to sleep.

As Paul isn't updating this, I'm thinking about other vanilla ROMs, like Open Desire and DeFrost. Anyone know which one is more stable?

I was using DeFrost for about a month or so. Very stable. Few power drain issues. Not as fast, stable or overall "slickieness" (new word lol) of MCR r21 IMHO

Guest AV1985
I wonder if its possible to get the circular battery mod workin with this rom?

I have this working via the zip I downloaded somewhere. PM me if you want me to email you this zip file.

Guest madleb

Hey PAul,

Attempted to bake the rom in the kitchen you just setup but doesnt seem to be working keep getting a php error: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I can bake the froyo sense rom sucessfully

Guest Von Ropen
Hey PAul,

Attempted to bake the rom in the kitchen you just setup but doesnt seem to be working keep getting a php error: failed to open stream: No such file or directory

I can bake the froyo sense rom sucessfully

me too... :(

Guest madleb
Bake error should be resolved now.

P

Paul,

I have cooked with the new rom and there is still an echo when the other person is speaking, the froyo sense rom has got no echo issue hope there could be a fix for it.

Cheers

Paul

Guest AV1985
Paul,

I have cooked with the new rom and there is still an echo when the other person is speaking, the froyo sense rom has got no echo issue hope there could be a fix for it.

Cheers

Paul

A couple of people have emailed me asking for the battery mod that I found for this r21 release so it made sense to attach it here! Just flash it through recovery and it works fine!

framework_res_MDC_r21_signed.zip

Guest Von Ropen

Hello, I intalled this rom serval times with diferent configurations and allways the same bug, when I record a video the phone reboots... I have installed the latest radio... any FIX??

Guest dee163

Thank you

Hello

thank you for the link.

YOU MUST USE A 5.X RADIO FOR OPENDESIRE 1.6 AND ABOVE.What is that? Can you please explain or I can istall without this

Guest dee163

Thank you

Hello

thank you for the link.

YOU MUST USE A 5.X RADIO FOR OPENDESIRE 1.6 AND ABOVE.What is that? Can you please explain or I can istall without this

Guest AV1985

Along with some others, been getting complaints about phone echo on the other end. An update to this great ROM would be well appreciated as this is comfortably the best Desire ROM imo.