MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest ElDiablo77
Super jealous, but still baffed as to what's going on or how to get this.

Is there any chance of all this rooting/flashing stuff settling down and someone making it push-button for us simpletons?

I would not hold my breath pal. If u cannot follow simple step by step insyructions then I don't think th@ this is 4 u.

Guest EmDzej
Kitchen updated, prebakes now uploading.

LED should be fixed now, brightness should be slightly adjusted.

As i've changed the framework, re-odexing will take place after applying this update, so be prepared for a longer than usual boot, and reboot immediately after first boot.

P

Brightness is still too dim (at least for me and compared to mcr31).

And yest - battery is drained a lot!

Guest FrancisFuku

Ahhh, good to have the old-style A2SD+ back ! With the basic crappy Froyo's Apps2SD, I had 20 MB of internal storage left, now with the same apps, I have 102 MB left ! ;)

Guest masi0
I can't use this rom, too large for my boot block.

one reason to go back to mcr3.1 - while using the phone battery drops very fast - display utilization jumps to 72% - will wait untill this will be fixed then go back to r17 ;) anyhow - good job Paul!!!

Guest StuMcBill

Just installed it, one thing so far, my Optical Trackball doesn't seem to work, pushing it does work to take pictures etc though.

Guest nbedford
Just installed it, one thing so far, my Optical Trackball doesn't seem to work, pushing it does work to take pictures etc though.

trackpad is working fine for me, did you do a full wipe?

Guest StuMcBill
trackpad is working fine for me, did you do a full wipe?

Yep.

Might try a restart, as I have had it running since first boot.

Stu

Edit, Restart fixed it for me!

Thanks

Edited by StuMcBill

Guest jamlam

Is anyone else getting problems with the market? Mine works fine until I try to download an app, then it will just sit there saying downloading... but never getting anywhere. Searching and browsing works fine, and I did a full wipe before I flashed.

Guest StuMcBill

Can't get MMS working, on O2-UK, radio 32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2.

Tried without Wi-Fi enabled so it would be connected to the 3G network, no joy, just keeps trying to send.

Guest nekromantik

Tried without Wi-Fi enabled so it would be connected to the 3G network, no joy, just keeps trying to send.

mine did that at first on the first release and then I flashed to the prebaked ROM and went to a area in my flat with best 3G signal and MMS worked fine. Only thing was my 3G connection drops after sending MMS and then gettin a MMS. After a few secs it kicks back in so not a huge problem.

Guest sucramco
Is anyone else getting problems with the market? Mine works fine until I try to download an app, then it will just sit there saying downloading... but never getting anywhere. Searching and browsing works fine, and I did a full wipe before I flashed.

I am currently on MCR 3.1, just to confirm the market has been playing up all day. So is nothing to do with this rom.

Guest ph0rce

Still not made a call but I can report that MMS is working for me ( Orange UK ), was able to send & recieve just fine. This is very good news for me as I couldn't do that on DeFrost! ;) :(

Guest StuMcBill
Still not made a call but I can report that MMS is working for me ( Orange UK ), was able to send & recieve just fine. This is very good news for me as I couldn't do that on DeFrost! ;) :(

Still no joy here, tried Handcent and Stock Messaging app.

Oh well, sure it will be fixed eventually.

Great ROM otherwise!

Guest ph0rce
Still no joy here, tried Handcent and Stock Messaging app.

Oh well, sure it will be fixed eventually.

Great ROM otherwise!

Its very interesting that some people can & some can't though, what network & radio are you on?

Guest StuMcBill
Its very interesting that some people can & some can't though, what network & radio are you on?

Guest EmDzej

It worked for me but prepared mms with gallery not by attaching photo from messaging app

Guest bhups

Hi Paul, I signed up for the Plus account yesterday and I cannot access your online kitchens.

I see post 2 on this thread, and it just appears blank.

How comes?

Guest StuMcBill
It worked for me but prepared mms with gallery not by attaching photo from messaging app

Just tried that too, still no joy, I have a com.android.mms Transaction Service running under "Running Services", but it still doesn't seem to send?

Guest ph0rce

I took a picture from within the messaging app & it worked fine, not tried with a gallery photo. How very strange!

Guest ph0rce

I'm currently trying different radios to see if there is an easy fix for the echo problem;

32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 - has echo, audible but not terrible.

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 - has echo, more white noise like 02_2 but not as bad

32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 - has echo, could be slightly worse than 16_2

32.34.00.28U_4.05.00.30_2 - pretty much the same as 16_2

32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 - has echo, more of a white noise than repeated words though, slightly better than 16_2

Will update as I go....

FINAL EDIT

OK, so I've tested all available radios & they all have echo of some sort. I'm sticking with 03_2 as my wife says the white noise is less offputting than hearing herself talk.

Edited by ph0rce

Guest StuMcBill
I'm currently trying different radios to see if there is an easy fix for the echo problem;

32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 - has echo, audible but not terrible.

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 - tba

32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 - has echo, could be slightly worse than 16_2

32.34.00.28U_4.05.00.30_2 - tba

32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 - tba

Will update as I go....

I am using and I didn't hear any echo?

Was calling myself though! ;)

Guest bhups

I tried to install the "r17 with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD" mod but it didnt work.

It just load the HTC screen, and then the HTC screen again with the animated text and then went off.

I did the following:

1. Loaded the Fake-Flash file

2. Wiped the device

3. Loaded the zip file to install "r17 with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD"

4. Rebooted the device.

And now nothing ;)