LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest flyboyovyick
when i use lg updater tool, it tells me that i can update to 2.1 eclair O_o... my phone is hkv10b. Is that real or fake?

could you screen shot that? to prove its real?

Guest qwerta369
when i use lg updater tool, it tells me that i can update to 2.1 eclair O_o... my phone is hkv10b. Is that real or fake?

That's odd. I just flashed my GT540-V10a-JUN-24-2010 (bought from Carphone Warehouse, UK) with GT540-V10c-AUG-24-2010 (Hong Kong firmware, from doubletakeit's post above), and when I connect to LG update tool it still says "The Cell phone is the latest version already. So you don't need to update."

So I click on the "Start Updating" button anyway..

It then goes:

lg1.png

then:

lg2y.png

then:

lg3.png

(I click Yes), then:

lg4.png

:lol:

when i did it with V10a Hk rom it was able to get to the upgrading part O_O. but it died at 4% so i didn't try again

When i'm trying to update it's saying that i dont have free space. Can someone please tell me what kind of space :lol:

hi just tried updating and got software update is not supported for this model. i am on o2 v10a. anyone else having similar problems?

I got that too, now I'm stuck at the "Emergency Mode" screen. Can't do anything.

Guest Kinosaki

To ppl that are stuck in emergency mode: trying booting phone while holding the vol down button and then use the KDZ updater to flash your phone. it should work. cuz i had that problem before too.

Guest onlinejobwork
Updated, sorry for the dealy I no longer have a GT540

obviously such good phone but who u got boared soon with 1.6 and limited capability, what's your main device? my one Iphone 3Gs and its rocks nothing come closer to it yet

Urvish

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
obviously such good phone but who u got boared soon with 1.6 and limited capability, what's your main device? my one Iphone 3Gs and its rocks nothing come closer to it yet

Urvish

He didnt get bored with the phone, he broke it lol

Guest qwerta369

Has anyone noticed any difference between the roms?

I've flashed the Hong Kong rom to my UK CPW phone. Noticeable differences are that apps are different and are in categories. Also, voice search no longer works.

Guest RottenFoxBreath

voice search was removed by Google, and is now 2.2 only..apparently they are trying to bullshit us into believing voice search was never on 1.6 but it was, and they removed it a month or so ago from the market..i still have it on my GT540, but when i go to 2.1(or a rom that is later than the one that is on my phone)... it will be removed.

This flys in Google's view that all devs, including themselves should programme for the lowest denominator, either 1.5 or 1.6, and remarkably, they are silent on this issue.

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Urvish

dropping it is not advised

Guest PaulZero
2.1?

V10A is the UK (amongst other regions) version of 1.6 I believe. If you look closely at step three here you'll see the version V25A, this is I assume the version of 2.1 which they'll be rolling out.

Guest flyboyovyick
link some good flashing tutorials pls, i will try. do that one time v10a-10c but before 2 monts and forget how :lol:

Tutorials would be much appreciated if anyone could find/make one!!