LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest TheLostSwede
i see there was an update for Baltics rom @ 10-12, can someone please pull the link of the updated ROM ? Couse my lg software tool dosnt pop up that theres an new update available.

None of the other baltic links work and the one that we had from before appears to have the same firmware as before as well, so we'll just have to wait and see if something else crops up.

Edited by TheLostSwede

Guest wwenigma

updated baltics ROM, there is some difference between this and older baltic rom. i compared file with md5 and total commander's file compare too. :)

Info from other sites: camera bugs corrected. I updated my phone, thats a stock firmware. I recommend all, install this. 122MB free space. One bug, Facebook for LG needs to be uninstalled because make some weird things. (delete apk from system).

No other problems, like french rom. French rom is unstable for me, and the hungarian translate is a piece of sh!t....

But i need help. Someone able to make working cifs.ko for LG Optimus? I try it, but w/o success. :)

Edited by wwenigma

Guest max-greece
I will tell you in about an hour or so. About to install it - hopefully.....

First attempt disastrous. Lost mobile comms completely. REinstalling Baltic version and will then have another go....

Guest Nuno_PT
Anyone tested CIS ROM at this link http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz (its 138mb)

what Diffrent with Baltics ?

I haven't tested it, but like RottenFoxBreath said on another thread:

«That'll be the Commonwealth of Independent States, which means another Russian/Eastern European rom..

It'll more than likely encompass Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine, and all the 'stans.»

Nuno

Guest saeba_ryo
Hi,

What languages are present?

Regards,

Too many to type, lol! Are you interested in a specific one? I can look and tell you. From a glance, it seems to have many european and Balkan languages.

Guest Jose Caneira
Too many to type, lol! Are you interested in a specific one? I can look and tell you. From a glance, it seems to have many european and Balkan languages.
Portuguese :)

Any bugs to report?

Regards,

Guest saeba_ryo
Portuguese :)

Any bugs to report?

Regards,

Portugal is supported both as locale and typing! No major bugs discovered yet, need to work with the phone a few days.

Guest max-greece

Right - working now - just a reinstall of Baltic, overinstall of Greek, delete everything, repeat, reset, reinstall root, reinstall apps2sd, reinstall all the apps, rebuild all my screens, sync with Google, setup the network again and check the 3g.

Still no damn 2G of course - it sees it, it doesn't loose all connections immediately, but it cant dial out - still its a step in the right direction, no idea if I can receive calls in 2g mode yet. Will post on that one later.

Now the Greek version:

Includes The sims 3 - yippee - but FC's at the logo - boo! - probably not happy with the apps2sd I guess.

Languages:

Cestina (no idea)

Dansk

Deutch (germany and switzerland)

Estonian

English - Ireland

English - UK

English - US

Espanol (Spain)

Espanol (Mexico)

Finnish

French (Belgium, France, Canada and Swiss)

Hrvatski (Christ knows)

Icelandic

Italian

Polish

Lithuanian

Romanian

Hungarian

Netherlands

Norwegian

Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal)

Slovak

Slovenian

Svenska (Swedish?)

Turkish

Greek

Something that looks like russian but isnt

Russian

Serbian

And one other language with a completely unidentifiable script that could be Korean and it could be Martian.....

That's the lot - something for everyone it seems.....

Guest saeba_ryo

Same problem with "The SIMS", but I can make and receive calls in 2G, GPRS also working properly. I did the update the official way, then rooted and did the apps2sd trick. People who have Vodafone branded GT540s and tried this ROM reported the same problem as you with 2G. Mine is not bought from Vodafone, just generic for the greek market.

Guest wwenigma
Right - working now - just a reinstall of Baltic, overinstall of Greek, delete everything, repeat, reset, reinstall root, reinstall apps2sd, reinstall all the apps, rebuild all my screens, sync with Google, setup the network again and check the 3g.

Languages:

Hungarian

MAy you check one thing in greece rom with hungarian language? Please set language to hungarian (magyar), and see me one thing. In settings, 3rd menu "Hang &és kijelző" or what? Typing is important. Thank you!

Guest TheLostSwede

The Greek firmware is a no go for me, I get an error with com.android.phone and it keeps crashing out every 5-10 seconds which makes the phone useless. Shame, as otherwise it looks like the best firmware to date.

Guest TheLostSwede
Hard reset cannot help? Needed after first boot. (caches need to be cleaned fully)

Not had to do that with any other firmware I've installed, nor have I ever had this problem before and this must be about the 30th firmware upgrade I've done on this phone so far. But I guess it's worth a try, but not right now.

Guest max-greece
The Greek firmware is a no go for me, I get an error with com.android.phone and it keeps crashing out every 5-10 seconds which makes the phone useless. Shame, as otherwise it looks like the best firmware to date.

I had exactly the same problem. Its not the greek software - it appears to be overinstalling it on the Baltic. Stuff gets left behind during the install and its a mess.

First off - put the phone in "fight mode" so you can think, then:

Settlngs , Privacy settings and choose Factory Data reset.

(Note - if you are using the original version of apps2sd which is quite persistent it might be a good idea to delete all the apps initially one by one first. After backing em all up of course.

I actually did this after reinstalling the Baltic version. But I guess it will work with the Greek version in situ. If you have reinstalled Baltic just reset it and then install the Greek version over the top - which is what I did.

As least getting root and installing Apps2sd is becoming really seriously second nature.

Oh - one more thing - for some reason Vol down, power and Camera don't do diddly squat for me - other than load the camera, lower the volume and ask if I am sure I want to switc off. That's why I used the menu option.

Guest kapslock

Hi all. Have had a quick scan through recent posts but cannot make my mind up. Is this better than the Baltic 2.1? Does it have much bloat in it, compared to the Baltic. Any advice appreciated. Cheers

Guest saeba_ryo
MAy you check one thing in greece rom with hungarian language? Please set language to hungarian (magyar), and see me one thing. In settings, 3rd menu "Hang &és kijelző" or what? Typing is important. Thank you!

Yes, it exists.

Edited by saeba_ryo

Guest saeba_ryo
Hi all. Have had a quick scan through recent posts but cannot make my mind up. Is this better than the Baltic 2.1? Does it have much bloat in it, compared to the Baltic. Any advice appreciated. Cheers

It does have some bloat, it has "The SIMS 3", Shazam, Foursqare, Layar, latitude, places, Navigation. I don't care too much since I use apps2sd, so I have 114Mb free on the internal memory.

Guest max-greece

It appears to say Hang es Kijelso with accents on the e in es and the o in the last word.

Help any?

Edited by max-greece