LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest Dedge-World

Wonder if three are gonna update soon then Mine is unbranded with 3 Sim card,will Lg release there own for unbranded phones, come on three lol.

Tried using LG official updater but saying i av the latest version, 1.6

Edited by Dedge-World

Guest ASY9650
im on o2 payg,

theres no branding on the phone.

Hmmm okay...I'll check my updater...I suggest you update using the LG thing if possible as it will be the 'official' UK Rom.

Guest he6rt6gr6m
im on o2 payg,

theres no branding on the phone.

Carphone Warehouse and Very are selling the phone O2 locked. There is no 2.1 O2 ROM as of yet.

The reason your credit went was probably the GPRS settings contantly communicating with various things, like SNS. They need disabling, as I have with mine, however this also means you cannot receive MMS messages.

Sucks, I know.

Guest ilovelg
Carphone Warehouse and Very are selling the phone O2 locked. There is no 2.1 O2 ROM as of yet.

The reason your credit went was probably the GPRS settings contantly communicating with various things, like SNS. They need disabling, as I have with mine, however this also means you cannot receive MMS messages.

Sucks, I know.

Just turn off Mobile Network ?

hi i'm new on this forum , i want to ask, someone find out that lg gt540 will get android 2.2 [froyo]?

or will appear for this phone , because i heard that lg gt540 will not get froyo but i didn't understand why, thank you

Guest fetchfire
Whats the diference between GT540f and GT540 ? Its the same device only as i know GT540f is wth gray skin, right ?

I have, with UK rom. It seemed fine but i notice im missing calls and sms a lot. Going to try the Aussie rom now as it is the correct one for my region (NZ).

Guest Boldizzle
I have, with UK rom. It seemed fine but i notice im missing calls and sms a lot. Going to try the Aussie rom now as it is the correct one for my region (NZ).

I'm probably too late to tell you this but the Aus firmware seems to be better for the SMS messages getting through but still missing a lot of calls. I'm from NZ also and updated to the Aus firmware last night after having issues with missed calls and sms.

Hopefully a Vodafone Aus firmware will be released soon or better yet, NZ 2.1, that way, I can flash it to that and if it still doesn't work, at least the Warranty is valid again.

Guest fetchfire

Both aussie roms leave my phone unusable. All apps say sorry (app name) is not responding.

I went back to the UK rom and all is well apart from my coverage cutting out as it was before. Hopefully a NZ vodafone rom will become available.

Guest Boldizzle
Both aussie roms leave my phone unusable. All apps say sorry (app name) is not responding.

I went back to the UK rom and all is well apart from my coverage cutting out as it was before. Hopefully a NZ vodafone rom will become available.

With the Aus firmware, you pretty much have to do a factory reset before it will work right. When I first updated to Aus 2.1, the phone was unusable too but then after a factory reset, it was fine.

So when you say all is well except the coverage cutting out this time, does that mean that your incoming calls and sms is working better this time?

Guest fetchfire
With the Aus firmware, you pretty much have to do a factory reset before it will work right. When I first updated to Aus 2.1, the phone was unusable too but then after a factory reset, it was fine.

So when you say all is well except the coverage cutting out this time, does that mean that your incoming calls and sms is working better this time?

My coverage never actually shows as going up and down, but people can't call me and i get all my sms at once. every so often. If I call people it works.

I'll put the AUS firmware back on and try to factory reset. Thanks for the tip!

Guest fetchfire
BTW how do you factory reset if settings isn't working?

I should have searched first. Here it is for anyone asking:

Press both Volume up + HOME + SEARCH buttons for 5 secs.

Guest fetchfire
I'm probably too late to tell you this but the Aus firmware seems to be better for the SMS messages getting through but still missing a lot of calls. I'm from NZ also and updated to the Aus firmware last night after having issues with missed calls and sms.

Hopefully a Vodafone Aus firmware will be released soon or better yet, NZ 2.1, that way, I can flash it to that and if it still doesn't work, at least the Warranty is valid again.

This fix for missed calls has worked for me so far with the AUS firmware. Put your NZ APNs in, then go to mobile network settings, then network operators. Seach network ops, then pick vodafone NZ wcdma. I haven't missed anything so far.

Guest newmember

Guys, I need some help!

I have gt540 with rom GT540-v10b-APR-29-2010, Vodafone branded, unlocked.

1. Is there any possibility that during update (official updater or unofficial) i lock it again???

2. If I update it with kdz, I suppose I should use appropriate rom for Vodafone for it, or I can use any listed on the first page?

3. Is anyone in similar situation tried to update it and what are experiences?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Great stuff, great people, great forum.

Regards

Guest ASY9650
Guys, I need some help!

I have gt540 with rom GT540-v10b-APR-29-2010, Vodafone branded, unlocked.

1. Is there any possibility that during update (official updater or unofficial) i lock it again???

2. If I update it with kdz, I suppose I should use appropriate rom for Vodafone for it, or I can use any listed on the first page?

3. Is anyone in similar situation tried to update it and what are experiences?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Great stuff, great people, great forum.

Regards

No, the simlock will stay removed. It won't lock up again.

It's up to you what ROM you use, obviously I would assume a 2.1 ROM obviously :P.

Once you go to 2.1, then you can't downgrade to 1.6 but can flash any other 2.1 ROM onto it still...

It's up to you, the Baltic ROM seems very popular, maybe you could try the Vodafone one, if you experience problems try something else.

Guest newmember
No, the simlock will stay removed. It won't lock up again.

It's up to you what ROM you use, obviously I would assume a 2.1 ROM obviously :P.

Once you go to 2.1, then you can't downgrade to 1.6 but can flash any other 2.1 ROM onto it still...

It's up to you, the Baltic ROM seems very popular, maybe you could try the Vodafone one, if you experience problems try something else.

Thank you my friend.

Rgrds

Guest vpoqol5
Any idea of included language packs? Bulgarian?

no idea, but greece rom have it i'm sure, and now i'm running vodafone uk which also have it

btw, my experience

baltic, excellent, only one problem - with panel on top which is hard to get down unles you pinch it carefuly,

vodafone uk, very good, but less great than baltic, few quirks here and there, not so smooth

greece and greece cyprus, not so great, they all have problem geeting widget from one screen to another, and they break here and there (keyboard staying in nromal mode, while everything else is in landscape mode), not smooth

(ofkors, factory reset on all of them)

Edited by vpoqol5