LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest pappa_snirp

Hi guys,

I'm in New Zealand and we don't have the official update yet. I want my GT540 to remain unbranded so which 2.1 ROM would be the best to get? Would it change anything (ie Roaming charges) if I were to dl the Australian one?

Guest Carbonize
Hi guys,

I'm in New Zealand and we don't have the official update yet. I want my GT540 to remain unbranded so which 2.1 ROM would be the best to get? Would it change anything (ie Roaming charges) if I were to dl the Australian one?

Just download any open one such as the Europe Open as they will be unbranded. You will not incur any roaming charges as all that is taken from your sim card. You will have to set the APN manually though.

Guest Dedge-World

Finaly updated, I used the official LG live updater program and said new update available,

I like the live wallpaers not had chance to check many or if any new apps out as yet,

One sniggle though boot up time seem slow to me, plus now boots up to a blank screen were as before would be my screen saver av they removed this?

any ideas why it would be slow to bootup :) :)

Hi Guys!

I'm new here and new owner of Optimus... can someone check and tell me which firmware have Srpski (Serbian) and Magyar (Hungarian) languages for both screen and text input.

Prior to flashing 2.1 ROM of course :)

Thanx. :)

Edited by Djolle

Guest Quinny898

When i try to flash the 20B rom for CPW my computer makes the program not respond. Why is this and how can I get it to work? The official updator lets me click on start updating, but then tells me Software Update For this Phone is Not Supported. :) I hate LG!!!!!

Guest he6rt6gr6m
sorted it i had to dissable storage device in phone settings>> sd cars & storage and untick it

Everyone new seems to completely skip this step for no justifiable reason.

Having rooted my phone I used Titanium backup to remove the unwanted programs, though it didn't matter so much after I added app2sd.

Cheers for that. :)

Edited by he6rt6gr6m

Guest blakamin
Hi guys,

I'm in NZ too

There is an Australian unbranded rom... 20C.

It has APNs for all the aussie networks

I used it and it was fine (then I switched to the vodafone 20B and the logo only turns up when I shut it down and it only has the APNs for vodafone)

No roaming hassles

Guest dudeman1996_11

This happened to me as well, just leave the program to continue, even though it says not responding it still works if you leave it for about 30 seconds, it'll then continue the update :)

When i try to flash the 20B rom for CPW my computer makes the program not respond. Why is this and how can I get it to work? The official updator lets me click on start updating, but then tells me Software Update For this Phone is Not Supported. :) I hate LG!!!!!

Guest 56k_Rockstar
The new European firmware seems to be a bit better than the Baltic one in terms of stability, it might just be me though :)

I can confirm the stability statement, no crashes or deadlocks of Apps or sudden process failures.

But it is way slower then 1.6 on my phone. The text messages menu loads now about 2-3 seconds (on 1.6 it appeared immediately; and no it's not because i have 1million messages in. There are only 15). When I wirte something (text message, WiFi key etc) and flip the phone to horizontal holding the arranging of the keys takes much longer and is kind of "steppy" (screen blurs->keys appear in upper left corner->keys move to mid->keys stretch to fill whole display length->screen un-blurs).

I'm not that happy that I flashed (I used the english KDZ-FW-Updater and the European Open ROM, but i want to flash a german ROM when it will be available) to 2.1 yet.

The position sensor works not the way as in 1.6 and I have the impression that i need to press the buttons harder now.

Edited by 56k_Rockstar

Guest DarrylUK

I've just picked up a GT540 from CPW on O2 (unlocked).

1.6 has the Hungarian language on it, which version do I need to update to retain that language?

Cheers

By the way, is there a mirror for the LGAndroidDriver.rar file? The website is down.

Edit:

European Open 2.1 has Hungarian (Magyar). Mirror for the drivers also:

http://rapidshare.com/files/428813389/LGAndroidDriver.rar

Edited by DarrylUK

Guest matekhr
I can confirm the stability statement, no crashes or deadlocks of Apps or sudden process failures.

But it is way lower then 1.6 on my phone. The text messages menu loads now about 2-3 seconds (on 1.6 it appeared immediately; and no it's not because i have 1million messages in. There are only 15). When I wirte something (text message, WiFi key etc) and flip the phone to horizontal holding the arranging of the keys takes much longer and is kind of "steppy" (screen blurs->keys appear in upper left corner->keys move to mid->keys stretch to fill whole display length->screen un-blurs).

I'm not that happy that I flashed (I used the english KDZ-FW-Updater and the European Open ROM, but i want to flash a german ROM when it will be available) to 2.1 yet.

The position sensor works not the way as in 1.6 and I have the impression that i need to press the buttons harder now.

I agree. The same happened to me, including the impression that touchscreen works worse than in 1.6.

Plus, there's a bug in LGEmail application, it doesn't accept email addresses with special characters (dash, in my case - "t-com"), while in 1.6 it also worked good....

Plus, there's still no phonebook sorting by surname, phonebook groups support is poor (no way to set a ringtone for a whole group)... while my old phone had no problems with that....

I have to conclude that I'm a little dissapointed with the 2.1 upgrade.

What is the REAL benefit of 2.1 upgrede? Live wallpapers? :rolleyes:

Guest garrygeezer
Awsome, followed the instructions in the .zip file and the game is working now, thanks! :rolleyes:

Hi does anyone know how to get LG App Advisor working after upgrading to the CPW 2.1 ROM. I followed the instructions from Ev1lM0nk3y ref the Sims game and got that working big thanks.

Guest blakamin
I am pretty sure that this is the NZ vodafone one:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V10A_00.kdz

from here:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/cli...&country=NZ

I kinda guessed the URL based on the aussie vodafone url. I am downloading it, but I haven't tried it yet. Could it be 1.6?

10A is the version on it when you get it new... 1.6

Guest garrygeezer
Which is better CPW 2.1 or Baltic Black 2.1?

I have run CPW 2.1 for a day now and all functions except ap advisor are working perfectly no crashes to report all good i would actually go as far to say that battery life is slightly better.

Just install the greek version.i have a few questions plz :

do i have to root- it? and what is the benefits of root-ing the system?

how can i remove - sims,shazam ?

thanks for the replies.

sorry for my bad english.

someone please for advice ?