LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest hecatae
I have put the baltic update on my gt540go and it isnt any different from the o2 rom just a little faster

Yup, I'm waiting for V10G to see any difference

edit just bricked my gt540 using the dev/zero method, lg have disabled fastboot, screen goes LG logo to dim lit black screen

Edited by hecatae

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y

edit just bricked my gt540 using the dev/zero method, lg have disabled fastboot, screen goes LG logo to dim lit black screen

DOH! not good.

Guest TheLostSwede

I bricked mine before trying to flash the German update onto it, but with KDZ updater it's possible to flash it back if you boot into emergency mode.

Guest hecatae
I bricked mine before trying to flash the German update onto it, but with KDZ updater it's possible to flash it back if you boot into emergency mode.

emergency mode is not wanting to work.

kdz fw upd has a decrypt error on every kdz file

@TheLostSwede can you upload your .dlls that you have included with kdz_fw_upd

Edited by hecatae

Guest TheLostSwede
emergency mode is not wanting to work.

kdz fw upd has a decrypt error on every kdz file

@TheLostSwede can you upload your .dlls that you have included with kdz_fw_upd

I can do you one better, here's the whole thing thelostswede.com/stuff/KDZ_FW_UPD.rar

Guest hecatae
[R&D Test Tools Log File]

19:23:34 : Start fn_StartUpgrade

19:23:34 : Extract kdz file

19:23:39 : kdz decrypt Success

19:23:42 : Extract file Success.

19:23:42 : LGMobileDL Load.

19:23:42 : Port = -1

19:23:42 : Connection check start.

19:23:42 : Port(or Device) Not Found!

19:23:44 : Finish All test

and then it stops...

going to try a reboot

oh and UpTestEX_1.0.5.6 is the same program but in english http://is.gd/5r4hC

19:31:52 : _IsConnectedPhone Call for 3GQCT

19:31:54 : Phone Mode(0)

19:31:54 : 0 - NotConnected.

19:31:54 : 1 - Normal connect success

19:31:54 : 2 - Emergency connect success

19:31:54 : _IsConnectedPhone Call

19:32:01 : _IsConnectedPhone(1)

19:32:01 : 0 - NotConnected.

19:32:01 : 1 - Normal connect success

19:32:01 : 2 - Emergency connect success

19:32:01 : Phone Mode(1)

19:32:01 : *****GetPhoneType Start*****

19:32:05 : [011,700,147,062,092]Updating is not possible any longer due to a fatal error.\n\n[009,400,102,102,102]Disconnect from and connect the cable into your phone again and remove \nand install the battery and press the [009,700,102,102,102]'Restart'[009,400,102,102,102] button. This will resume the \nupgrade.\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\n\nPress the [009,700,102,102,102]Quit[009,400,102,102,102] button to stop the update. (_CheckPhoneType() Error)

19:32:05 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR

19:32:05 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

19:32:05 : ¿©±â´Â Retry ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

19:32:05 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

Edited by hecatae

Guest Hubert76
and then it stops...

going to try a reboot

oh and UpTestEX_1.0.5.6 is the same program but in english

I have this same situation...blue screen with !EMERGENCY MODE and my computer does not recognize my Optimus:/

Guest RottenFoxBreath
got phone replaced.

Ha-Ha, good for you..still on o2 then I take it?

and Thanks for the 10E Baltic, might update it later.

Guest TheLostSwede
How the frig do you use these tools lol

I'd suggest you don't if you can't figure out how to use them. Please don't take offence, but you can potentially break your phone if you don't know what you're doing. The tools are tricky to use and when things goes wrong, then you might be stuffed.

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
I'd suggest you don't if you can't figure out how to use them. Please don't take offence, but you can potentially break your phone if you don't know what you're doing. The tools are tricky to use and when things goes wrong, then you might be stuffed.

Dont you worry about the outcome of my actions, just some info on the tools thanks

Guest TheLostSwede
Dont you worry about the outcome of my actions, just some info on the tools thanks

Your call then. To get the KDZ updater to work you need to run the Windows Enabler utility first which allows you to click on the greyed out buttons.

Load the KDZ file, select 3GQCT in the top drop down box and then press the large button with all the question marks. Then wait and the handset should start up in emergency mode and the flashing should start. Wait until it's done and that's pretty much it, unless something goes wrong.

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Your call then. To get the KDZ updater to work you need to run the Windows Enabler utility first which allows you to click on the greyed out buttons.

Load the KDZ file, select 3GQCT in the top drop down box and then press the large button with all the question marks. Then wait and the handset should start up in emergency mode and the flashing should start. Wait until it's done and that's pretty much it, unless something goes wrong.

I know how to flash the phone bud, there is other tools inside http://www.mediafire.com/?5eewpdb6vy7rp6v that i cannot seem to get to work

Guest TheLostSwede
I know how to flash the phone bud, there is other tools inside http://www.mediafire.com/?5eewpdb6vy7rp6v that i cannot seem to get to work

And you need that for what exactly? This thread is about upgrading the firmware and not about some other utilities. Most of the stuff in that RAR file isn't related to the GT540 as the tools work for a wide range of handsets from LG.

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
http://www.mediafire.com/?5eewpdb6vy7rp6v

I'm using this to see what it contains

And you need that for what exactly? This thread is about upgrading the firmware and not about some other utilities. Most of the stuff in that RAR file isn't related to the GT540 as the tools work for a wide range of handsets from LG.

This is why, look at the 1st quoted text from hecatae

Guest hecatae
How the frig do you use these tools lol

windows enabler on, then manually choose correct .dll etc

noticed German V10E has been released, updated to, saw no difference, downgraded to V10A O2 UK

Edited by hecatae