LG Gt540 rom updates from LG

Guest hecatae

Guest Pluton15
I did find it, but it was a bit more than 11MB... more like 84 ;)

I must say I'm not liking 2.1 very much... I'm not saying it's worse than 1.6... but there are a few things I don't like. eg. When I'm typing an sms or any other thing why can't I turn off the sound from key strokes?

And why can't I choose a notification sound from my SD card, only the android default ones? I want to have my own incoming sms notification sound...

I mean... those seem like basic functionalities to me... no?

And btw, merry Xmas to y'all :(

EDIT: And another thing, no file manager??

My dear Android phone is not for you ;)

You can:

- turn off keystroke sound

- add notification sound from SD card or any other sound files (try Tone Picker from market)

- add file manager from market. It is free. I prefer (ES file explorer)

And btw, merry Xmas

Guest Underdog2k9
And why can't I choose a notification sound from my SD card, only the android default ones? I want to have my own incoming sms notification sound...

You don't need a special app for that, just put the sounds you want in sdcard/media/notifications and you can pick them.

I knew that if I talked trash about android you guys would jump off your seats to prove me wrong. Loved it, worked like a charm. Thanks guys, sorry about the offtopic :(

Guest Peter Lairo

The official German update to Android 2.1 for the LG GT540 is now available! Finally!

I used the "LGMobile update" program (which is auto-launched from the "LG PC Suite IV" program).

Pleeeeeaseeeeeeeee help me !

I have an LG OPTIMUS , o2 network , uk , bought from carphone warehouse.

I would like to update my 1.6 to a 2.1 but i have no idea how to and i dont really understand what people are talking about here ;)

Could anyone give me a step by step guide how to update my phone to a 2.1? :( Thanks if anyone does choose to help me ;)

Guest fishears
Pleeeeeaseeeeeeeee help me !

I have an LG OPTIMUS , o2 network , uk , bought from carphone warehouse.

I would like to update my 1.6 to a 2.1 but i have no idea how to and i dont really understand what people are talking about here ;)

Could anyone give me a step by step guide how to update my phone to a 2.1? :( Thanks if anyone does choose to help me ;)

This is the only guide you'll need - very straightforward.

http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-gt540...ference-thread/

But LG have re-enabled the official 2.1 update so why not just check for updates when connected in PC Suite IV? That has to be the safest way...

Guest projectshadow

There are news about the Android 2.2? with Portuguese language and little stuff because I've tested versions 2.1 that had a lot of garbage ;)

Where is the saved games folder? ;) Because when I clean the rom the saved games are erased :(

Happy new year ... ;)

Edited by projectshadow

Guest nico75

:unsure: thanks guys..im from Philippines..lg doesnt have official update here yet...just updated to 2.1 using tut here..excellent tut here..very helpful tut..

just asking - can i switch to different roms?..the one i installed was from euro+fast.kdz at xda forums posted by jamslug but it has many apps bundled which takes up memory (i think).. any suggestions to the best rom..thanks

Guys, can someone get me the new firmware to Portugal(V20B_00),please.

Thank you.

Portugal TMN V20B:

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW..._00/V20B_00.kdz

Europe Open V20B:

Portugal V20B: (Still Forbidden, but it's gonna be the same as Europe Open)

Guest mistermentality
Hi, is it possible to root a SIM locked GT540, or fist should I unlock it?

Yes it is, I have an O2 UK locked phone and rooted it using one of the methods I found in this forum.

Guest Jack_s
I think baltic rom is the smallest in size but you don't her more RAM...youonly have more phone memory available.

Thanks, will be good enough having more space.

Regards

Jacks

Edited by Jack_s