Norsk

Portugues x 2

Slovak

Slovenscina

Svenska

Turkce

And 4 other languages, lucks like it some form of Russain

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
I bought mine from the CPW and it IS sim free. Are there some customisations that CPW has implemented that aren't obvious?

If I UG with this rom (I'm on Orange UK) will I have to perform any jiggery pokery for it to work on my current NW?

Thanks in advance

Mogsey

I dont think that there should be any jiggery pokery involved as i have just upgraded mine and im on 02 and it added all settings automatically

Gave it a go. Shazam, Sims3, Four square and LG App adviser. Possibly some others. I didnt hang about, as, after restarting I had a constant error (that i did not take note of. Sorry) It constantly attempted to read my giffgaff sim, and then error. Straight back to Baltic, thankyou very much.

Snap. When I used my giffgaff SIM com.android.phone repeatedly crashed, when I used a Three SIM it was fine, there was a message with the giffgaff SIM about a network registration problem. My hunch is that the phone is trying to use the O2 settings, not picking up that it's an MVNO and that the O2 settings do not apply, and rather than failing gracefully the process is crashing, I noticed the SIM notification icon keeps coming and going.

Do not use new ANEUBK V20A_00 if you use giffgaff, a process on the phone will repeatedly crash.

Does anyone know the significance of V20A to V20B (the Baltic 2.1), is this important? Flashing went okay, but I wonder if there is some minor variation.

Guest cachor21

"Europa Open V20A" seems to be identical with the "Greece V20A" an the "Polish V20A" Android 2.1 ROM. In WinRAR they have the identical CRC32 checksum and the identical size.

ANEUBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz = AGRCBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz = APOLTS/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz

Edited by cachor21

Guest Ev1lM0nk3y
Snap. When I used my giffgaff SIM com.android.phone repeatedly crashed, when I used a Three SIM it was fine, there was a message with the giffgaff SIM about a network registration problem. My hunch is that the phone is trying to use the O2 settings, not picking up that it's an MVNO and that the O2 settings do not apply, and rather than failing gracefully the process is crashing, I noticed the SIM notification icon keeps coming and going.

Do not use new ANEUBK V20A_00 if you use giffgaff, a process on the phone will repeatedly crash.

Does anyone know the significance of V20A to V20B (the Baltic 2.1), is this important? Flashing went okay, but I wonder if there is some minor variation.

if you get error straight after flash on 1st rebbot you must do a factory reset and it works fine.

Guest gstar101
"Europa Open V20A" seems to be identical with the "Greece V20A" an the "Polish V20A" Android 2.1 ROM. In WinRAR they have the identical CRC32 checksum and the identical size.

ANEUBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz = AGRCBK/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz = APOLTS/V20a_00/V20A_00.kdz

Thats a pretty interesting find, It'd be a 3!tch if they were all the same rom renamed, are there any noticeable differences between the aforementioned roms when flashed?

Guest thugimmortal
AHOOO!! You guys rock!! Used the euro open rom, worked like a charm.

Will keep you posted as to stability.

Cheers

Mogsey

Is the europe open rom os 2.1 and how do u upgrade please let me know as im desperate tn upgrade but dont want to brick my phone

Thanks

Guest max-greece

The Greek ROM had the identical problem with the Vodafone network. After installing enable flight mode and then do a full reset on the phone.

If the cause is the same as it was for me the phone will work fine after that.

Hallo I have a problem getting this to work for my phone. I am using windows 7, have enabled windows enabler, I have bisically followed the instructions give but my phone freezes up. A "Download Mode" appears on the screen when try doing it. I have even left the phone on since 1am and it still didn't work. I am using the uk vodafone rom to do.

Thanks in advance

Hallo I have a problem getting this to work for my phone. I am using windows 7, have enabled windows enabler, I have bisically followed the instructions give but my phone freezes up. A "Download Mode" appears on the screen when try doing it. I have even left the phone on since 1am and it still didn't work. I am using the uk vodafone rom to do.

Thanks in advance

I have the same problem. Tried on both an XP Netbook and a Vista 64bit Desktop. Both hang with the 'Download Mode' black screen.

Must say, the flasher software doesn't seem to be the most stable. I had many crashes during the attempts and finally persueded the owner of the phone I was doing this for that it wouldn't be a good idea to proceed with it.

Here's the log file from one of the attempts (that ended with the app crashing on the XP netbook):

[R&D Test Tools Log File]

19:40:22 : Launching SW update  

19:40:22 : Unpacking KDZ   

19:40:37 : KDZ file extraced  

19:40:43 : Files were extracted.

19:40:43 : LGMobileDL Load.

19:40:43 : Port = 12

19:40:43 : Connecting to phone	

19:40:53 : Check Phone mode = 1

19:41:11 : Phone type check.......

19:41:11 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....

19:41:12 : _SetAuthMark Ok : wAuthMark(8483)

19:41:12 : _DetachDLL Call

19:41:12 : _DetachDLL Call End

19:41:12 : Param : Path = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_GT540AT-00-V20a-APP-XX-OCT-05-2010+0.dz

19:41:12 : Param : moduleDir = 

19:41:12 : Param : waitTime = 0

19:41:12 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1

19:41:12 : Param : PhoneMode = 1

19:41:12 : Param : BinVersion = V20A_00

19:41:12 : Param : AuthMark = 8483

19:41:12 : Call fn_StartUpgrade

19:41:35 : 3GQCT : wParam = 4, lParam = 0

19:41:35 : Step Complete : DLOAD Change

19:48:15 : 3GQCT : wParam = 100, lParam = 6

19:48:15 : Step : Upgrade Error error code = 6

19:48:15 : ResetStartInfo() Call

19:48:15 : _DetachDLL Call

19:48:15 : _DetachDLL Call End

19:48:15 : FreeLibrary Call

19:48:15 : FreeLibrary Call End

19:48:15 : ResetStartInfo() Call End

19:48:16 : ===FINISHED===

As you can see, it hung at the DLOAD Change step for almost 7 minutes.

Peter

Guest thugimmortal
Hallo I have a problem getting this to work for my phone. I am using windows 7, have enabled windows enabler, I have bisically followed the instructions give but my phone freezes up. A "Download Mode" appears on the screen when try doing it. I have eve

n left the phone on since 1am and it still didn't work. I am using the uk vodafone rom to do.

Thanks in advance

how do you enable windows enabler ?

Guest bigbadalex
The Greek ROM had the identical problem with the Vodafone network. After installing enable flight mode and then do a full reset on the phone.

If the cause is the same as it was for me the phone will work fine after that.

Anyone confirm? Just moved to GiffGaff and don't want to brick the phone:)

Ev1lM0nk3y and max-greece thanks for the advice about a factory reset and airplane mode, I have already switched back to Baltic 2.1 (I didn't see any reason to stay with the other firmware), but at least it is good to know that tip for future firmwares that I may try out.

Anyone confirm? Just moved to GiffGaff and don't want to brick the phone:)

It doesn't brick your phone, the process keeps crashing but the phone works fine with a different SIM or no SIM, so you can switch back to another firmware as I have.

Guest max-greece
Game this one a go,(Europe Open) seems to work ok.

APN was automatically set for o2, didnt have to put it in manually.

Only problem so far is that yes it does include the sims 3, however it doesnt work.

It loads up and shows the EA screen, then just closes immediatly back to the home screen..

I think that this is a possibility. I have recently reinstalled mine all over again (tried out the vodafone UK ROM but it didn't solve my 2g problem). The GPS appears to be much more reliable now - first lock achieved in 3 to 5 minutes, instantly for a while thereafter (2 seconds maybe) and then pretty quickly after that (30-60 seconds).

Guest he6rt6gr6m
how do you enable windows enabler ?

Seriously, if you don't know that, you really shouldn't be messing with stuff that could essentially bugger your phone.

It's a simple click > 'enable' in the icon in the taskbar.

Edited by he6rt6gr6m