Samsung Galaxy S Problems

Guest AntonyW999

Guest prof1967

Galaxy S has been connecting to Kies with no problem up until 5 minutes ago when I installed Realplayer. Suddenly phone is no longer recognised by Kies.

Have uninstalled Realplayer and everything works fine again.

Everytime I install new software to my laptop or apps to Galaxy S I check to see if this cuases a connection problem with Kies. So far this appears to be the only problem.

Guest Gilbert P.

I just got my Bell Vibrant to work. After trying everything I read in multiple forums I couldnt get mine to work, the following steps are what solved it for me.

Here's what I found:

- You need to be using the default Samsung launcher, TwLauncher.

Get out of LauncherPro or ADW, or whatever launcher your using and make sure to end task to ensure it's not running in the background

- Use the Samsung task manager to end all tasks.

No apps can be running in the background

- When you plug in your USB to your phone and select Samsung Kies, an app called MTP Application should launch on your phone.

If you don't see this app launch on your phone, the MTP driver will fail on your PC and Samsung Kies will not recognize your phone. The MTP Application looks like a USB connector with a bunch of animated lights, and it should say connecting or connected.

I hope that helps

• 1 month later...
if you have problem like this:

-> 64 bit problem

you should install the latest version of kies (ver 1.5.1.10083) - you can download it from australia region -> support 64 bit

believe or not it works...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

if you have problem like this:

clip_image002_thumb1.jpg

try this (below) - WORKS FOR ME :lol:

-Close Kies on PC

-Connect the phone to PC / Laptop & Select Mass Storage Mode.

-Select the USB icon from the Notification section in Samsung Galaxy S to Mount the drive.

-You should now see Phone’s Internet Memory (& SD Card) in My Computer.

-Download the following "Utility Here"" and save it on the desktop.

-Run the utility click search, then select Phone’s Drive and then SD Card’s Drive (if you have SD card in your phone).

-The utility will find the bad files’ list and now you have to go to that location in My Computer and delete all the files listed and then do a research.

-Once you get no results as shown below you are good to go.

clip_image003_thumb1.png

-Do the same steps for Phone’s Memory & SD Card (if you have one in your phone).

-Disconnect your phone and re-connect the USB.

-This time select Kies PC Suite option and 100% it will install the MTP USB Device without any problem.

I-Luv-Indonesia.gif

:D I LOVE INDONESIA :D

This method worked for me! I have Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S. I downgraded firmware to JFD and I was looking to upgrade it back to latest firmware and had same issued with MTP driver showing yellow sign. Following above steps helped me resolve the issue.

Thanks!

Is anyone else having trouble connecting their Galaxy to a PC? I don't know whether mine is faulty or not. Downloaded the Samsung Kies software but when I plug in the Galaxy Windows is unable to find a MTP USB device driver and the phone refuses to connect. This happens on both XP and Windows 7. Also the Galaxy has a complete fit and keeps flashing between the home screen and MTP application screen while it's connected. And I don't get the usual Android option to mount for file transfer. Am I missing something?

i think i may have the answer you are looking for, i also have a galaxy s and i also had the problem that you have. i opened the samsung kies and i (while the phone was connected) clicked on the top KIES drop down menu and clicked on driver recovery and it installed all the drivers i need for my phone and it works perfectly now, shame about the andriod 2.2 update though

well i hope this helps everyone that has a samsung galaxy s

Guest Fang VV
try this (below) - WORKS FOR ME :)

-Close Kies on PC

-Connect the phone to PC / Laptop & Select Mass Storage Mode.

-Select the USB icon from the Notification section in Samsung Galaxy S to Mount the drive.

-You should now see Phone’s Internet Memory (& SD Card) in My Computer.

-Download the following "Utility Here"" and save it on the desktop.

-Run the utility click search, then select Phone’s Drive and then SD Card’s Drive (if you have SD card in your phone).

-The utility will find the bad files’ list and now you have to go to that location in My Computer and delete all the files listed and then do a research.

-Once you get no results as shown below you are good to go.

-Do the same steps for Phone’s Memory & SD Card (if you have one in your phone).

-Disconnect your phone and re-connect the USB.

-This time select Kies PC Suite option and 100% it will install the MTP USB Device without any problem.

cuentil you absolute LEGEND. :) It was a couple of thumbnails and a cookie that were causing the problem for me. Simple and effective fix. Tx M8

• 3 weeks later...
Arggg... i am having this problem too... and nothing works. I've tried resetting drivers, reinstall them, unmount/mount internal sd, startup with usb plugged in...

But still, still im getting a switching screen between connection screen and home screen, so frustrating... This phone is amazing but when it comes to pc connectivity it really loses from all other manufacturers *sigh* :P

Can someone pleasehelp?

EDIT: I have made a video from it @ youtube ==>

hi, i had the same problem, and i spent hours to figure out what's the problem. I started to uninstlal my applications one by one. And finally as i uninstalled winamp the problem disappeared. I reinstalled winamp it came back. So winamp caused this flashing. If you don't have winamp, it will be an other application. Important! You should shut down the phone after every uninstall, or it doesn't take affect, and you won't recignise which application caused the problem!!! oh my god, i'm so happy now that i found it! :D i hope this helps....

• 1 month later...
Guest darealnv
After days of debugging the issue, I finally nailed it. The MTP application flashes when you have too many mp3 files (most probably other media files also but I am not sure). In my case, I have installed a language learning software that downloads thousands of mp3 files on the internal SD card (for words and phrases in different languages). I have deleted all the languages I did not want and I was left with about 800 mp3 files. It was still not working so my next step was to change the extension of those files so they are not recognized as mp3 files. A phone reset later everything was working fine. Just to confirm it, renamed the files back to mp3 extension - not working again, renaming back to different extension and restart - working.

I hope this helps everyone. I will also submit the details to Samsung support and hopefully they will forward it to technical department and do something about it.

Signed up just to say this solved my issue with the MTP Application. I had downloaded "LangLearner" and after reading what you had said, I uninstalled and deleted all files linked to it and now my phone connects again =D good times.

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest sizzlingice
Is anyone else having trouble connecting their Galaxy to a PC? I don't know whether mine is faulty or not. Downloaded the Samsung Kies software but when I plug in the Galaxy Windows is unable to find a MTP USB device driver and the phone refuses to connect. This happens on both XP and Windows 7. Also the Galaxy has a complete fit and keeps flashing between the home screen and MTP application screen while it's connected. And I don't get the usual Android option to mount for file transfer. Am I missing something?

I fixed the MTP error.

Check my solution at http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/...ung-galaxy.html.

Guest kaiwren
I fixed the MTP error.

Check my solution at http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/...ung-galaxy.html.

Removing files larger than 16chars fixed the issue for me too. I'm on a Mac, so here a simple Ruby script to list all the files for other Mac users:

p Dir.glob(File.join('/Volumes/Main', '**', '*')).select{|name| File.basename(name).length > 15}

Here '/Volumes/Main' is where my internal storage is mounted. Paste that line of code into a file called largefiles.rb and then run at the command prompt with

ruby largefiles.rb

• 1 month later...
Guest daz1985

Hi,

Sorry if there is already a solution to my problem on here..

I seem to have a slightly different problem to everyone else, and i'm not very technical so please forgive me..

When I connect the phone to my PC 2 things happen, on the phone it loads the MTP Application, however it does not give me any options like everyone else seems to get, to change it from Kies to mass storage or whatever, it simply goes on to a screen with a picture of a usb connector and says Connected, press the home key to quit Kie. The only option I have is to exit it and this leaves me nowhere.

On my PC it just comes up with the usual "USB device not recognised" and takes me to the very useful windows thing to select a driver. I have tried to select the drivers that Kies has installed (and that I have downloaded separately and installed) from C:/Program files/Samsung... however it won't allow me to do that!

I have tried some of the things mentioned, formatting internal SD, turning the phone on whilst connected however nothing seems to change any result.

I'm sure someone here will make me look stupid and tell me there is an easy fix, at least I hope someone will!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest vinokirk

I seem to have a different problem.

When I connect my SGS to my PC, Kies just keeps saying 'Connecting' but the phone never connects. I have had a look in my device manager, but i cannot find any mention of an MTP device.

Any Ideas?

Guest darealnv

Not sure if it has already been said, but I had this problem a while back where my phone wouldn't connect to Kies and kept flashing from Home to MTP. I found the problem to be a language app I had downloaded which had extra folders/files which weren't needed. Once I deleted the app and the remaining folders, the phone connected no problem

Guest JonTheOwl
I seem to have a different problem.

When I connect my SGS to my PC, Kies just keeps saying 'Connecting' but the phone never connects. I have had a look in my device manager, but i cannot find any mention of an MTP device.

Any Ideas?

I also have same problem.. Really getting frustrating.

Guest trix1990

I seem to be having a similar problem to most but it doesnt seem to be exactly the same...

I have downloaded the lastest version of Kies, all downloaded fine inc drivers. When I connect my phone to my laptop my phones connects saying 'connected Press the home key to disconnected from Samsung Kies' however Kies on my laptop just sits trying to connect but doesnt actually connect to my phone.

I have tried some of the suggestions above (turning the phone on while connected to the pc etc.) but nothing seems to work.

I thought I'd also say I am actually running off a Dell netbook with only a 9gb hard drive and have windows XP. Would this effect the connectivity??

I hope someone can help me with this... It has been going on for a while now (since I got the phone last September!!).

• 4 weeks later...
Guest aaronlkh

My wife's Galaxy S has been having problem connecting to Kies for months. After trying different methods I found online, which include formatting the internal SD, none worked. Not a complete waste of time as I eventually managed to fix it while trying (but didn't complete) one of the methods.

First of all, here are the symptoms:

1. After connecting the device to the PC via the provided USB cable, the MTP Application on the device started up and the status shown was "Connected".

2. However, on the Kies side, it showed "Connecting..." and the spinning arrows kept spinning forever.

Solution:

On the Windows PC, go to Device Manager and you should find the item Portable Devices and GT-I9000 under it. In my case, there was a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it shown next to GT-I9000. Right-click GT-I9000 and reinstall the driver. Once reinstalled, the connection came back one right away.

Technical details:

PC: Windows XP SP3

GT-I9000 driver date: 22/02/2006, version: 5.2.5326.4762

Kies version: 2.0.0.11044_11

Galaxy S build number: FROYO.DXJPE

Hope this can help some of the Galaxy S users.

Edited by aaronlkh

Guest ldaragos

Hello,

I am a bit of a novice, I have an orange branded Galaxy s I9000BVJP4 running 2.2.1 branded orange. Every night i have to reboot it because the music player does not recognise my music files unless I reboot. After last nights reboot i have lost all my calendar data and home screen. Could someone please explain step-by-step how to get rid of this rubbish orange branding and why I am having problems with my music.

• 2 months later...
Guest accessdenied

Hi guys.

Decided to share my solution of solving SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device problem

I bought Samsung Galaxy S (i9003) and installed latest version of Kies.

When I plugged in cellphone my Windows 7 64bit told me about SAMSUNG Mobile MTP Device problem - rejection of installing.

I read advise here in this thread that you should try to change USB port.

And u know what? This is really WORKED!!!

When I was connecting Galaxy S first time I have inserted USB cable in USB 3.0 port of my laptop.

But when I read the advice I just switched the port to USB 2.0 and everything (including MTP) installed properly!

Try my way if u have issues...

• 5 months later...
Guest akkubhai

Same problem here too, My laptop and other mobile phones do not recognize the galaxy S. I have tried many times to turn on and off the blue tooth but the same problem exists. very horrible data sharing and connecting.

• 10 months later...
Guest uniKorn6

"had" this problem after installing Windows 7 premium. What you need is in Mass storage mode, check USB debugging and plug the phone. Windows then downloads and updates the drivers. Do the same for the case Kies mode is selected.

My installation included these:

155o41c.png

Good luck.