The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Guest Azurren

Guest h3dshot
I don't want to flash every week a new ROM on my pulse. Is there a custom ROM which is almost more than a beta snapshot?

i was the same as you, but the custom roms are so much better than official so its worth reflashing :lol: and to ypur question, no i dont think so

Guest DanWilson
Can the December update applied in the same way as the 2.1 update (Power + Red + Volume Up)?

Thanks

Yes, it's a UPDATA.APP in the dload folder isn't it?

By the way, your links to individual parts of the guide fail for me... And I recommend some way of downloading each part of the guide as well, so people can look at it without internet, or without browsing to it if they're lazy. (I'm an example..)

Guest Azurren
2.1 to 1.5 has seemed to work for me, currently just flashing the December Update, Great guide! THANKS MAN!

No problem :D

You may experience a strange (Partial) boot loop where it loops once before booting. If you get this could you post so that I can add it to the guide :lol:

First time only, never happens again

Thanks

Edited by Azurren

Guest Spooke
No problem :D

You may experience a strange (Partial) boot loop where it loops once before booting. If you get this could you post so that I can add it to the guide :lol:

First time only, never happens again

Thanks

Yeah it booted to tmobile logo, then shut off and rebooted into the OS just now :D, thanks!

And LOL, i went on the browser and it just rebooted, WTF!

Edited by Spooke

Guest pinoyt

Thanks, for the Great Guide... :lol:

I just want to ask some few Questions.

Does Apps2Sd work on Original 2.1 Update ? or It Only Works with a custom ROM !

And I've Read that Known Bugs of AppsToSD is that "You must repair "Davlik Cache" every time you reboot your phone"

Is This the "Wipe Davlik Cache" in Recovery Mode ? If not How can you do this ? (Currently GOOGLING it :D)

Thanks in Advance

Guest Azurren
Thanks, for the Great Guide... :lol:

I just want to ask some few Questions.

Does Apps2Sd work on Original 2.1 Update ? or It Only Works with a custom ROM !

And I've Read that Known Bugs of AppsToSD is that "You must repair "Davlik Cache" every time you reboot your phone"

Is This the "Wipe Davlik Cache" in Recovery Mode ? If not How can you do this ? (Currently GOOGLING it :D)

Thanks in Advance

Only custom roms have the option of apps to sd.

And no. Wiping the cache will delete it and would most probably break it. I believe the option is located under "others" in the custom recovery image.

Edited by Azurren

Guest pinoyt
Only custom roms have the option of apps to sd.

And no. Wiping the cache will delete it and would most probably break it. I believe the option is located under "others" in the custom recovery image.

Thanks Azurren

More Question, I already Upgraded with the Official 2.1 also the Custom HU that comes with it. Just want to ask how to disable the android keyboard word prediction, the only settings that i can see is the touchpal settings, and i already disabled those settings. Still the Android Keyboard word prediction is still on

Thanks in Avance

Guest Azurren
Thanks Azurren

More Question, I already Upgraded with the Official 2.1 also the Custom HU that comes with it. Just want to ask how to disable the android keyboard word prediction, the only settings that i can see is the touchpal settings, and i already disabled those settings. Still the Android Keyboard word prediction is still on

Thanks in Avance

In local and text their should be an option for the android keyboards settings..

Otherwise you could always change to touchpal. It's not a bad keyboard :lol:

Guest pinoyt

Thanks for the past reply Azurren, but Sad to say, I think theres no option to disable the word prediction for android keyboard :lol:

Guest twrock
I "Believe" the origonal recovery image has the option to toggle USB?

Hopefully someone still on the origonal 1.5 rom can confirm this (Hold POWER + RED + MENU)

(I don't know if someone else has answered this, but if not....)

No, the original recovery image for 1.5 ROM did not include a toggle USB function. At least the recovery image that came with the CHT8000 did not, and I am making the assumption that it was the same for the Pulse.

Guest Azurren
(I don't know if someone else has answered this, but if not....)

No, the original recovery image for 1.5 ROM did not include a toggle USB function. At least the recovery image that came with the CHT8000 did not, and I am making the assumption that it was the same for the Pulse.

Okay thanks.

Luckily if you have installed the custom recovery image before downgrading it remains after the time machine patch..

Otherwise I guess you will need a SD card reader (Unless there is a fast-boot option)

Guest DanWilson
Okay thanks.

Luckily if you have installed the custom recovery image before downgrading it remains after the time machine patch..

Otherwise I guess you will need a SD card reader (Unless there is a fast-boot option)

BUMP!! THIS BE A GOOD THREAD!!

Are you looking for fastboot boot *recovery image*?

There is no fastboot SD card write.

Guest DanWilson
Why hasn't this been 'pinned' yet?!

+1 for Stick!

@tomdubs - If there is a SMS problem on this ROM, it'll be on every ROM. I've had SMS's never appearing on my phone, but sending always works... I thought it was always a T-Mobile problem. They're the weakest link most times so, yeeeaaah.

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Azurren
how bad is the sms sending problem and is there any custom roms that fix it yet?

+1 for Stick!

@tomdubs - If there is a SMS problem on this ROM, it'll be on every ROM. I've had SMS's never appearing on my phone, but sending always works... I thought it was always a T-Mobile problem. They're the weakest link most times so, yeeeaaah.

It is really bad for those like me that only ever get important text messages.

That's why I had to downgrade, I could live with the lack of RAM and the freezes :lol:

Guest tomdubs
It is really bad for those like me that only ever get important text messages.

That's why I had to downgrade, I could live with the lack of RAM and the freezes :lol:

Yeah thats the same with me, i guess ill just wait and hope that it gets fixed either by t-mobile or a custom rom

Guest whackster
once i have app2sd condigured, how do i actually install the apps onto the sd from market?

No need to do anything more, the /data partition is symlinked to the sd card, so all the apps you install go to the sd card. Just the davlik cache by default stays on the /data partition, and unless you have at least a class 4 sd card you shouldn't move it to the sd.