The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Guest Azurren

Guest Spooke
Quote from "Huawei allowed us to return to 1.5 or whereever we want":

Ahh ok, so once I install the TIMEMACHINE :lol:, do I boot it up into the OS, or Recovery or what?

How do I place the 2.1 to 1.5 dload, install that, then do the 1.5 december without turning the phone into OS?

Guest Azurren
Quote from "Huawei allowed us to return to 1.5 or whereever we want":

Okay, so it looks like that part of the guide was wrong :S

So.. Do you have to install the December update before a custom rom?

Guest Spooke
Okay, so it looks like that part of the guide was wrong :S

So.. Do you have to install the December update before a custom rom?

Yes, Custom roms require the december update afaik,

Please can you get the guide fixed, I need to downgrade to 1.5 asap! :lol:

Guest Azurren
So can I install a 2.1 custom rom from the 2.1 update, or do I need to go back to 1.5 first?

No, you don't need to go back to 1.5 :lol:

Guest Azurren
Yes, Custom roms require the december update afaik,

Please can you get the guide fixed, I need to downgrade to 1.5 asap! :lol:

I really need to know if you can install the "December Update" as a full rom. Otherwise you would have to install the origonal rom then upgrade.

Guest Spooke
I really need to know if you can install the "December Update" as a full rom. Otherwise you would have to install the origonal rom then upgrade.

All I want to do is get from 2.1 to 1.5, I just want to get back to 1.5 as I want to sell the phone...

Guest Fusion0306
All I want to do is get from 2.1 to 1.5, I just want to get back to 1.5 as I want to sell the phone...

first "timemachine", then december update

Guest Azurren

Can the December update applied in the same way as the 2.1 update (Power + Red + Volume Up)?

Thanks

Guest Fusion0306
Can the December update applied in the same way as the 2.1 update (Power + Red + Volume Up)?

Thanks

I don't know, I haven't tried it myself. Not yet anyways - it's tempting :lol:

Guest Spooke

Yeah but if I install 'Timemachine' what happens to the phone, what does it boot into? how do I then add the december update to my SD card, unless I have two with each files on etc.

Guest Azurren
Yeah but if I install 'Timemachine' what happens to the phone, what does it boot into? how do I then add the december update to my SD card, unless I have two with each files on etc.

I "Believe" the origonal recovery image has the option to toggle USB?

Hopefully someone still on the origonal 1.5 rom can confirm this (Hold POWER + RED + MENU)

Edited by Azurren

Guest Androidboy
I "Believe" the origonal recovery image has the option to toggle USB?

Hopefully someone still on the origonal 1.5 rom can confirm this (Hold POWER + RED + MENU)

Thanks for the guide in updating to 2.1. I followed thru all the stages and all went smoothly except when I try to install some apps onto the sd card, the phone dont seems to recognise the sd card eventhough my pc sees it. I did the apps2sd option in the guide. Can anyone help?

Guest Azurren
Thanks for the guide in updating to 2.1. I followed thru all the stages and all went smoothly except when I try to install some apps onto the sd card, the phone dont seems to recognise the sd card eventhough my pc sees it. I did the apps2sd option in the guide. Can anyone help?

What size did you set the ext2 partition to?

What custom rom are you using?

Sorry I don't have much experience with apps to sd :lol:

Guest Androidboy
What size did you set the ext2 partition to?

What custom rom are you using?

Sorry I don't have much experience with apps to sd :lol:

I am using Flibblesan's FLB Custom Rom. ext2 set to 512mb. My sd card is 2Gb. PC sees the sd on Pulse but Pulse not seeing it. I wen into SD & storage, nothing is displayed!

Guest Azurren
I am using Flibblesan's FLB Custom Rom. ext2 set to 512mb. My sd card is 2Gb. PC sees the sd on Pulse but Pulse not seeing it. I wen into SD & storage, nothing is displayed!

Try re formatting your SD card via your PC then partitioning it again. Sometimes that can cause issues.

Hope this helps

Guest Androidboy
Try re formatting your SD card via your PC then partitioning it again. Sometimes that can cause issues.

Hope this helps

Ok, thanks, I will reformat the sd card and attempt it again.

Guest Androidboy
Ok, thanks, I will reformat the sd card and attempt it again.

Oh btw, does that mean I will have to do the whole process of updating to 2.1 all over again?

Guest Androidboy
Oh btw, does that mean I will have to do the whole process of updating to 2.1 all over again?

All sorted, didn't need to do the whole update process again.

Guest Ellia

Why it is recommended to use to just the original HU ROM and not to apply the patch if I want to use a custom ROM? Are there any explanations about this? Can I just reflash the Pulse with the original HU ROM? ATM I'm using the fixed one.

Maybe you can recommend me a custom ROM:

At first it should be very stable and have no GPS or SMS receiving problems. Secondly a like the original style (but vanilla would be ok too). And last but not least a want a little bit more speed and the main reason is the I need Apps2SD for enough space.

BTW I'm using a class 2 sd-card. Is this speed ok or should I buy a new and faster one?

Thanks

Guest h3dshot
Why it is recommended to use to just the original HU ROM and not to apply the patch if I want to use a custom ROM? Are there any explanations about this? Can I just reflash the Pulse with the original HU ROM? ATM I'm using the fixed one.

At first it should be very stable and have no GPS or SMS receiving problems. Secondly a like the original style (but vanilla would be ok too). And last but not least a want a little bit more speed and the main reason is the I need Apps2SD for enough space.

BTW I'm using a class 2 sd-card. Is this speed ok or should I buy a new and faster one?

Thanks

hi firstly all 2.1 roms have trouble recieving/sending sms, not sure about gps since i.dont use it but i havent heard any1 complaining about it. i can reccomend the flb rom as from what ive heard its the most stable and quickest and it supports a2sd, although i dont know much about a2sd this is probably ur best choice.and will be the rom i am going to be using just as soon as i get amon.ra patched.

hope this helped and good luck

edit: regarding the hu custo8msation pack, yes u can just reflash the 2.1 without the extra hu pack, and i too am using a class2 card 8gb which seems to be working fine for me.

Edited by h3dshot

Guest Azurren

Thanks

Like the above said all 2.1 roms (including the official) have freezing and SmS problems. GPS works fine

The reason why installing the HU patch is not recommended is that it can lead to wifi issues when using a custom rom

Guest Androidboy
Like the above said all 2.1 roms (including the official) have freezing and SmS problems. GPS works fine

The reason why installing the HU patch is not recommended is that it can lead to wifi issues when using a custom rom

I haven't experience any problems so far only the odd force closes. Wifi/Gps/BT seems ok and so is SMS. Really pleased with the 2.1 custom update, made the Pulse a much much better phone when it was running on stock 1.5. Now only if the battery life can improve though, had the phone since March 2010, battery not great lasting about a day, but recently, battery life took a dive, only getting 5 hours! I am ready to take the battery back to the store and see if I can get a replacement.