The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Guest Azurren

Guest NewPulseOwner

INSTALLING A CUSTOM ROM

Select the Option "USB MS Toggle" and plug your phone into your computer. Download a Custom ROM of your choice and place the ENTIRE ZIP (Do not extract it) onto the root of your SD card.

- Can somebody explain how I send the zipfile to my Pulse without extracting it? It always starts to automatically extract it... Thanks.

Guest Azurren
INSTALLING A CUSTOM ROM

Select the Option "USB MS Toggle" and plug your phone into your computer. Download a Custom ROM of your choice and place the ENTIRE ZIP (Do not extract it) onto the root of your SD card.

- Can somebody explain how I send the zipfile to my Pulse without extracting it? It always starts to automatically extract it... Thanks.

Try downloading and saving the entire zip then just drag and drop onto your SD.

If it is the browser try downloading it in another or locate the temp folder where the file is stored.

If you are using Mac then this is a problem. I don't own one and do not know how to copy it over :)

Guest DanWilson
Try downloading and saving the entire zip then just drag and drop onto your SD.

If it is the browser try downloading it in another or locate the temp folder where the file is stored.

If you are using Mac then this is a problem. I don't own one and do not know how to copy it over :)

Mac is no problem, although I have to dive into the trash folder to get the ENTIRE ZIP out.

Easier than you think to own a Mac, dear Azurren. The word, Hackintosh, sticks to my google.

Guest Azurren
Mac is no problem, although I have to dive into the trash folder to get the ENTIRE ZIP out.

Easier than you think to own a Mac, dear Azurren. The word, Hackintosh, sticks to my google.

Imo if I wanted a complicated OS I would use Linux :)

(As Apple have just "stole" most of Linux, branded it and sold it with some flashy graphical interfaces)

Guest DanWilson
Imo if I wanted a complicated OS I would use Linux :)

(As Apple have just "stole" most of Linux, branded it and sold it with some flashy graphical interfaces)

Unix! Not linux, unix!

And I don't view it as complicated, installing it on non-Apple software is hard, my keyboard sometimes decides to hold in the "^@" key according to the console, I mean, if something is coded it only has one outcome (variables can go to hell just now) right?

Guest twrock

Returning to the Official 1.5 Update

You must have the Official 2.1 update (Or a 2.1 Custom Rom) installed BEFORE attempting to return to 1.5.

One minor correction here. "Must" is too strong of a word. In my experience, you can use this method to bail out of a failed attempt to flash other ROMs besides 2.1. In my case, I couldn't get any official 1.5 update to work on my phone. So I took the chance and used the "time machine" to "reset" the phone so I could then install other 1.5 official updates. That did the trick, and I never had installed a 2.1 ROM.

I can only speak from my experience, but that is what I did.

Guest Azurren
One minor correction here. "Must" is too strong of a word. In my experience, you can use this method to bail out of a failed attempt to flash other ROMs besides 2.1. In my case, I couldn't get any official 1.5 update to work on my phone. So I took the chance and used the "time machine" to "reset" the phone so I could then install other 1.5 official updates. That did the trick, and I never had installed a 2.1 ROM.

I can only speak from my experience, but that is what I did.

Yeah that's true. I'll make the necessary changes :)

Thanks

Guest Azurren
Any reason why this excellent guide hasn't been stickied yet?

:P

Updated Direct links to FLB mod and some Frameworks. Added some more frameworks / boot animations.

If you're framework / boot animation is NOT on the list it is not because I don't like you :D It is because I haven't found it yet. Just post a link :)

Guest fredewis

hi just want to say thankx for the guide it help me update with no problems i got one question only i have been using official 2.1hu and havent got a proplem with it sure i dont get a few message but i dont mind wat i do mind is the dam road sync and all does crap apps that are taking my space is there a way to delete this and could a step by step be made or shown to me plz thankx and sorry i did say one question seem that more turn out

Guest Abu Talha

Hi, been browsing the site and its excellent for resources. Just a quick questions:

I have updated to swiss 2.1 and want to know how to install apps2sd as im running out of memory?

Many Thanks.

Guest Azurren
Hi, been browsing the site and its excellent for resources. Just a quick questions:

I have updated to swiss 2.1 and want to know how to install apps2sd as im running out of memory?

Many Thanks.

flibblesan posted a rooted rom with apps to sd on the TR thread somewhere..

Just follow the guide to installing a 2.1 custom rom and follow the additional Apps to sd steps :)

Note that that rom is not supported and will not receive updates

Guest fredewis

i just want to say thankx for the guide it help me update with no problems i got one question only have been using official 2.1hu and havent got a proplem with it sure i dont get a few message but dont mind wat i do mind is the dam road sync and al does crap apps that are taking my space is there a way to delete this and could a step by step be made or shown to me plz thankx

Guest Azurren
i just want to say thankx for the guide it help me update with no problems i got one question only have been using official 2.1hu and havent got a proplem with it sure i dont get a few message but dont mind wat i do mind is the dam road sync and al does crap apps that are taking my space is there a way to delete this and could a step by step be made or shown to me plz thankx

You need Root access to delete system apps.. The easiest way to get root access would be to install a custom rom, but if you install FLB Mod then these are already removed for you :D

So your best bet would be to install a custom rom with these already removed. You can root your current rom and make the changes yourself but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't know what they are doing :)

(You can remove the Touch-Pal language packs without root. These packs use a hell of alot of storage and should keep you going for a while)

Guest hadderz

Please proceed to the following guide [here]

If you are NOT Planning on installing a Custom rom on your device and wish to keep it official please follow these steps

Step 7: Open your phones SD card via your computer, delete the "dload" folder

Step 8: Go back to where you extract the 2.1 update. Open the CUSTOMIZED_HU folder and copy the "dload" folder to the root of your SD card

By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders

Step 9: Power off your Device. When the phone has fully powered off press and hold the following buttons: POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP

You may release these buttons when the message "Preparing Update" appears on your screen

Step 10: Confirm that you wish to update and allow the device to run it's course. The phone may get stuck on "Restarting" if so wait a few minutes then remove and re-insert the battery

If your phone "Fails to Update" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

Step 11: Allow your phone 5+ minutes to boot up for the first time. Your phone is now ready to use. Enjoy your new official 2.1 Pulse!

If your phone Fails to boot or gets stuck in a "Boot Loop" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

Guest Azurren
Please proceed to the following guide [here]

If you are NOT Planning on installing a Custom rom on your device and wish to keep it official please follow these steps

Step 7: Open your phones SD card via your computer, delete the "dload" folder

Step 8: Go back to where you extract the 2.1 update. Open the CUSTOMIZED_HU folder and copy the "dload" folder to the root of your SD card

By "Root" I mean do not place the file in any subfolders

Step 9: Power off your Device. When the phone has fully powered off press and hold the following buttons: POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP

You may release these buttons when the message "Preparing Update" appears on your screen

Step 10: Confirm that you wish to update and allow the device to run it's course. The phone may get stuck on "Restarting" if so wait a few minutes then remove and re-insert the battery

If your phone "Fails to Update" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

Step 11: Allow your phone 5+ minutes to boot up for the first time. Your phone is now ready to use. Enjoy your new official 2.1 Pulse!

If your phone Fails to boot or gets stuck in a "Boot Loop" Please refer to the FAQ [here]

Sorry total noob question here:

This last bit the 'optional steps' I dont get what this is for...

I want to install the 2.1 Tre swedish version and can follow steps 1-6 very simply, however If I stopped after step 6 would the 2.1 software be successfully installed on my pulse?

I dont understand the reasons why i would run the optional steps 7-11?

Could someone explain why you would run steps 7-11, to me it just seems like a repeat of steps 1-6.

Also why couldnt you just install the 2.1 TRE update the way you did the december update - by placing it on the SD card - and then going into settings on the phone and selecting 'upgrade' ?/

Sorry for all the questions!

Awesome guide though, very well done and thanks :)

Had002001

The additional steps apply a Patch that fixes some issues with the original 2.1 upgrade. However these fixes can cause problems when used with custom roms (Which already have the fixes)

So if you want to use the official update it is best to apply the patch, if not then leave it off :D

Technically you could apply it in the same way as the december update.. But this way causes less problems :P

Guest hadderz
The additional steps apply a Patch that fixes some issues with the original 2.1 upgrade. However these fixes can cause problems when used with custom roms (Which already have the fixes)

So if you want to use the official update it is best to apply the patch, if not then leave it off :)

Technically you could apply it in the same way as the december update.. But this way causes less problems :D

Ohh ok I get you! Thanks very much for clearing that up.

Is this patch you speak of also needed for the Swedish 2.1 update thats been posted on this forum?

Thanks again,

Had002001

Guest Azurren
Ohh ok I get you! Thanks very much for clearing that up.

Is this patch you speak of also needed for the Swedish 2.1 update thats been posted on this forum?

Thanks again,

Had002001

No it isn't :)