The Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide

Guest Azurren

Guest Azurren
great job mate.

only wondering we could add something about rooting the stock rom? installing superboot for 2.1 or something?

Cheers

To be honest the only people who should be rooting stock roms are those who know what they are doing :)

You could brick your device, best stick with custom roms

Guest fredewis
You need Root access to delete system apps.. The easiest way to get root access would be to install a custom rom, but if you install FLB Mod then these are already removed for you :D

So your best bet would be to install a custom rom with these already removed. You can root your current rom and make the changes yourself but I wouldn't recommend this to anyone who doesn't know what they are doing :)

(You can remove the Touch-Pal language packs without root. These packs use a hell of alot of storage and should keep you going for a while)

ok thanks and how exactly u delet this lenguage pack. thankx and soz for any inconvinience

Guest Azurren
ok thanks and how exactly u delet this lenguage pack. thankx and soz for any inconvinience

Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> And remove the language packs (If you use the English one you can delete all of them)

Guest fredewis
Menu -> Settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> And remove the language packs (If you use the English one you can delete all of them)

hi wel i follow the instruction and it only lets me clear their data dosent let me unistall or dlete thm any other way?

Guest Azurren
hi wel i follow the instruction and it only lets me clear their data dosent let me unistall or dlete thm any other way?

Hmmmm, sorry perhaps you can only delete them on some custom roms (This all gets very confusing)

I have to test each and every custom and official rom before making a guide.. They all tend to blend together

Your best bet is to install the FLB mod. After uninstalling the language packs you will have enough room for all the necessary apps. But if you usually install a load of apps then your only option is to install apps2sd (Or downgrade to 1.7 ofc.)

Guest fredewis
Hmmmm, sorry perhaps you can only delete them on some custom roms (This all gets very confusing)

I have to test each and every custom and official rom before making a guide.. They all tend to blend together

Your best bet is to install the FLB mod. After uninstalling the language packs you will have enough room for all the necessary apps. But if you usually install a load of apps then your only option is to install apps2sd (Or downgrade to 1.7 ofc.)

hehe ok so doe the flb mod uses the tre vertion of 2.1 ? coz i hear it take away many errors and ok im sligthly confuse on how to do it i mean getting the 2.1 flb i know u have made the guide but i dont get some of the terms lol im 2 mutch of a noob lol hahaha like the image part and getting to amon rar in my mind is like(u said wat) jokes and thankx.

Guest Azurren
hehe ok so doe the flb mod uses the tre vertion of 2.1 ? coz i hear it take away many errors and ok im sligthly confuse on how to do it i mean getting the 2.1 flb i know u have made the guide but i dont get some of the terms lol im 2 mutch of a noob lol hahaha like the image part and getting to amon rar in my mind is like(u said wat) jokes and thankx.

Believe me if you follow it one step at a time you will be amazed at how simple it really is :)

The FLB mod is based on the Hungary release but has the new kernel (Taken from the TR) and I'm surprised at just how many bugs it's removed from the FLB mod. Text messages are hard to test but I have had no freezes yet (Touch wood)

Edited by Azurren

Guest fredewis
Believe me if you follow it one step at a time you will be amazed at how simple it really is :)

The FLB mod is based on the Hungary release but has the new kernel (Taken from the TR) and I'm surprised at just how many bugs it's removed from the FLB mod. Text messages are hard to test but I have had no freezes yet (Touch wood)

hahahaha lol sorry for ever asking to mutch questions i ust did the whole flb thing and it turned off but it was and essay step like you said thankx a lot great guide and for all of you out there trust me im a complete noob and i manage this is the best thankx alot

Guest cjd118118

Hi there,

Apologies in advanced for asking what may be a stupid question. I have a Pulse (currently pre-December update) which I want to upgrade to Android 2.1. I know I need to backup all my data - but what is the best way of doing this that enables me to keep all contacts, SMS messages, etc. etc. ?

Thanks

Guest Azurren
Hi there,

Apologies in advanced for asking what may be a stupid question. I have a Pulse (currently pre-December update) which I want to upgrade to Android 2.1. I know I need to backup all my data - but what is the best way of doing this that enables me to keep all contacts, SMS messages, etc. etc. ?

Thanks

Contacts and calender is auto synced with google (Unless you turned it off) There are some apps on the market that will backup messages but some people reported that they.. Well.. Sucked

Yes, installing 2.1 will wipe all data off the phone

Guest ntanghe

Hi,

Maybe add the link to download the swedish 2.1 rom in first page ?

I see that we speak only over the hungarian rom.

Why, swedish rom is better, no ?

Guest Azurren
Hi,

Maybe add the link to download the swedish 2.1 rom in first page ?

I see that we speak only over the hungarian rom.

Why, swedish rom is better, no ?

Yes it is better than the Hungarian rom. But after a custom rom they are both provide the same results (As far as I know)

The main difference is that to apply the Swedish rom you have to restore 1.5 then the December update. The Hungarian rom can be flashed over any rom version (Much easier)

People who know what they are doing may simpily install the Swedish rom in place of the Hungarian :angry:

Guest Ninja_manco

Helo

First, a very large Thank You for this guide. It´s awesome and I coud install the FLB mod without any problems. =D

Second, unfortunatly I could not make app2sd work. I folowed the guide correctly, but the part about app2sd only talks about partition the SD card. I did not understant how the whole "Devlik cache" works.

I tryed two things to see if the app2sd could work:

1) Opened Terminal Emulator and put "a2sd cachesd". I got a lot of permission denials but app2sd did not work.

2)Opened Quick Boot, booted in recovery mode and selected the option "Move apps+dalv to SD". App2sd did not work.

If any of you could help me, Thanks again.

Hugs

Guest Azurren
Helo

First, a very large Thank You for this guide. It´s awesome and I coud install the FLB mod without any problems. =D

Second, unfortunatly I could not make app2sd work. I folowed the guide correctly, but the part about app2sd only talks about partition the SD card. I did not understant how the whole "Devlik cache" works.

I tryed two things to see if the app2sd could work:

1) Opened Terminal Emulator and put "a2sd cachesd". I got a lot of permission denials but app2sd did not work.

2)Opened Quick Boot, booted in recovery mode and selected the option "Move apps+dalv to SD". App2sd did not work.

If any of you could help me, Thanks again.

Hugs

Devlik cache doesn't have to be moved for Apps to SD to be installed. If you have a class 4 SD card of lower then moving the cache to your SD card will significantly slow down your pulse

Apps to SD gets more and more complicated, the more you try to fix it the harder it becomes. Sometimes it is easier to just re-format and re-partition your SD card :angry:

I won't pretend to know alot about appstosd. Due to all the hassle I don't use it. If this doesn't help you then sorry :D

Guest Ninja_manco

Well, I guess I have managed to get it working. I instaled twitter as a test, it has 2,95mb but my phone storage decreased something around 0,5mb.Is that normal? The strange thing is that in the first boot the phone had 39mb free, I instaled a lot of things and then uninstalled, in the process to see if the app2sd was working or not. With everythin unistalled the phone had 32,6mb free. Where are the rest of the space?

But anyway, what I did was:

1)Reboted the phone

2)Opened Terminal Emulator

3)Typed "su" and then "enter"

4)Confirmed the super user request

5)Typed "a2sd resetcache"

6)Waited the phone rebot

7)Opened Termina Emulator

8)Typed "su" and then Enter

9)Typed "a2sd cachesd"

And that was it. Anyone coul still answer me what is the diference between using the terminal or selecting "Move apps+dalv to SD" in Quick boot?

Thanks

Guest Ninja_manco
Devlik cache doesn't have to be moved for Apps to SD to be installed. If you have a class 4 SD card of lower then moving the cache to your SD card will significantly slow down your pulse

Apps to SD gets more and more complicated, the more you try to fix it the harder it becomes. Sometimes it is easier to just re-format and re-partition your SD card :angry:

I won't pretend to know alot about appstosd. Due to all the hassle I don't use it. If this doesn't help you then sorry :D

Thanks for the response. Well, if the Devlik Cache does´t have to be moved to app2sd to be instaled, then i did not understand anything about app2sd. =P. It seems to be working now, and for sure it wasn´t working before I moved it, just after the install... so I don´t know. I just checked and my card is class4. Let´s use and see if the speed is good enought. I bet it will be faster than the stok rom.

And thanks again for the guide.

hugs

And that was it. Anyone coul still answer me what is the diference between using the terminal or selecting "Move apps+dalv to SD" in Quick boot?

Thanks

I can't find the post but I think it was Flibblesan who said not to use the a2sd commands in quick boot /recovery anymore. The amon ra recovery is based on a different version of a2sd, the latest version in Flibblesans roms is by 'Darktremor' and should be done through terminal (or at least not through recovery screen).

Guest Ivann149

Hi. i have really bigg problems with my pulse plese help.I installed android 2.1 on my phone and everything went right but 3 days after i (stuped me) installed super boot and recovery 1.5 and now the phone won't start,when you power the phone the t-mobile logo goes on an then the android logo and then a black screen appears and does nothing.i'have tried to install the the updates while pressing POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP but nothing happens only the blue screen appears:

USB FastBoot: V0.5

Machine ID: 1007000 v0

Build Date: Apr 19 2010. 10:20:03

MSM Id: 16

MSM Version: 2.0

Modem Build Id: 76XXC-6383-SDCBALYM

Serial Number: UNKNOWN

ptn 0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

ptn 1 name='system' start=324 len=880

ptn 2 name='userdata' start=1204 len=642

ptn 3 name='cache' start=1846 len=160

ptn 4 name='recovery' start=2006 len=38

ptn 5 name='misc' start=2044 len=4

Plese help!

Ivan :(

Guest DanWilson
Hi. i have really bigg problems with my pulse plese help.I installed android 2.1 on my phone and everything went right but 3 days after i (stuped me) installed super boot and recovery 1.5 and now the phone won't start,when you power the phone the t-mobile logo goes on an then the android logo and then a black screen appears and does nothing.i'have tried to install the the updates while pressing POWER + RED (End Call) + VOLUME UP but nothing happens only the blue screen appears:

USB FastBoot: V0.5

Machine ID: 1007000 v0

Build Date: Apr 19 2010. 10:20:03

MSM Id: 16

MSM Version: 2.0

Modem Build Id: 76XXC-6383-SDCBALYM

Serial Number: UNKNOWN

ptn 0 name='boot' start=304 len=20

ptn 1 name='system' start=324 len=880

ptn 2 name='userdata' start=1204 len=642

ptn 3 name='cache' start=1846 len=160

ptn 4 name='recovery' start=2006 len=38

ptn 5 name='misc' start=2044 len=4

Plese help!

Ivan :(

Recovery should work, as should installing the Hungary Update again with Volume Up + RED.

Have you got the dload folder on the memory card?

just done the new 2.1 but will not download any apps just says starting download wtf is that about

I get this all the time. Just keep trying...

Guest Ivann149
Recovery should work, as should installing the Hungary Update again with Volume Up + RED.

Have you got the dload folder on the memory card?

I get this all the time. Just keep trying...

Yes i have got the dload folder (android 1.5 update) on the sd with a card reader(i will try now the Hungary update)becouse the 1.5 won't do anything,and before i installed 2.1 i made a recovery (i have the nandroid folder on my desktop) but how to make a recovery? and can you tell my step by step what should i do to install the Hungary Update. Thanks

Guest DanWilson
Yes i have got the dload folder (android 1.5 update) on the sd with a card reader(i will try now the Hungary update)becouse the 1.5 won't do anything,and before i installed 2.1 i made a recovery (i have the nandroid folder on my desktop) but how to make a recovery? and can you tell my step by step what should i do to install the Hungary Update. Thanks

The Hungary Update is the official 2.1 update from T-Mobile. There is a guide on page 1. If that doesn't work then there is a way to fix it through the blue screen (bootloader) but it's difficult. Try the official update first.

Guest Azurren
just done the new 2.1 but will not download any apps just says starting download wtf is that about

The Market seems to be getting slower / laggyer on all devices. I just don't think it can handle the strain

Maybe location related

As Dan said installing the 2.1 update will fix your problem Ivann149 :(