24/Jun - FRF83 Stock / Rooted / Deodex / Superboot repacks

Guest PaulOBrien

Were you using A2SD and you flashed to one without? That would make your apps disappear. ;)

Just erase /data/dalvik-cache to recover the space!

P

Guest King_Dani
Didn't. :(

(I'm used to MoDaCo's ROMs being as awesome as they are so I didn't bother backing up ;) )

how much space are we talking about? i see 133mb

also , anyone knows how i can enable my wifi again?

Guest Shayba
Were you using A2SD and you flashed to one without? That would make your apps disappear. ;)

Just erase /data/dalvik-cache to recover the space!

P

I wasn't using an A2SD solution, but I'll try deleting dalvik-cache just in case.

My apps didn't disappear, I simply lost some free space on my phone's internal storage.

Any other ideas?

how much space are we talking about? i see 133mb

also , anyone knows how i can enable my wifi again?

About 20MB-30MB.

My Wifi works fine. Did you flash the proper radio image? You need 4.06.00.12_7.

Guest sudiru

i guess im the only person who is still on ERE27. im a real noob here. can anyone tell me how can i flash this update in a proper way?

Guest ChrisSpera

You're not. it hasn't hit my stock Nexus One yet... Still waiting. In the mean time, I'm enjoying r19 on my unlocked, rooted N1 (yes... I have 2...)

Guest escagelion
This is a little complicated for noobs users (like me !!)...

If someone can summarize, who can apply the OTA :

> those who bought the N1 from SFR and didn't do any modification or manual update ?

> those who bought the N1 anywhere else and didn't do any modification or manual update ?

> those who applied manually updates ?

In my case, I bought the N1 from SFR (in France) with EPF21B. I rooted and flashed with r17 and then r18 a few days ago.

So now, I'm with FRF72...

>>> So, can I flash with FRF83 directly ? (keeping my phone rooted, and keeping the recovery ?)

Thanks for your hepl !

> Those who will receive automatically the OTA : the one who buy their Nexus from SFR and those who didn't make any modification or manual update.

Those who applied manually udpates have to unroot their phones, and flash the original recovery image, then they could apply the update via OTA.

In your case, you have to apply the .zip files posted by Paul in this topic. To keep the root access you have to install after the update.zip, the superboot.

Guest SniperZoz

Hi - first post here - and mostly new to android - but fairly technical otherwise!

Right - i just got a 2nd hand Nexus One - it's on ERE27 (2.1 Update 1). I'm assuming it's not rooted cos' when i asked the previous owner he answered with a blank face!

Right now i'm not really interested in rooting - all i want is the stock 2.2 on the thing, and since it's not finding any updated OTA, i downloaded the

FRF83-update-nexusone-stock-signed.zip file from here, renamed to update.zip, placed in sd root - the problem is that when I run the update it says "failed to verify whole-file signature".

Ideas?

Cheers!

UPDATE: I'm now on FRF83 ... but i used another method. I got my hands on the "signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24" file and on the "signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF50.38d66b26" file and updated them in that order. Works fine :lol:

Edited by SniperZoz

Guest sudiru
Right now i'm not really interested in rooting - all i want is the stock 2.2 on the thing, and since it's not finding any updated OTA, i downloaded the

FRF83-update-nexusone-stock-signed.zip file from here, renamed to update.zip, placed in sd root - the problem is that when I run the update it says "failed to verify whole-file signature".

Ideas?

Cheers!

UPDATE: I'm now on FRF83 ... but i used another method. I got my hands on the "signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24" file and on the "signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF50.38d66b26" file and updated them in that order. Works fine :lol:

can u explain how u did this? coz the same thing happen to me when i try flashing FRF83 "failed to verify whole-file signature". or may be can anyone answer this question? thanks in advance

Guest SniperZoz
can u explain how u did this? coz the same thing happen to me when i try flashing FRF83 "failed to verify whole-file signature". or may be can anyone answer this question? thanks in advance

first off are you on ERE27? if so you should google and download "signed-passion-FRF50-from-ERE27.1e519a24" and "signed-passion-FRF83-from-FRF50.38d66b26".

place the first one on the root of the sdcard and rename to update.zip ... and update ...

place the 2nd one on the root of the sdcard and rename to update.zip (deleting the prev. one) ... and update ... done

Guest rashad1

Hey, I'm having trouble flashing the rooted stock version (FRF83) on to my phone. I updated from FRF72 to FRF83, then unlocked and rooted my phone. Then I tried to flash the rooted version of FRF83 onto my phone but I get this error:

"E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted"

Guest datoch

install custom recovery image, e.g. amon-ra

Hey, I'm having trouble flashing the rooted stock version (FRF83) on to my phone. I updated from FRF72 to FRF83, then unlocked and rooted my phone. Then I tried to flash the rooted version of FRF83 onto my phone but I get this error:

"E:failed to verify whole-file signature

E:signature verification failed

Installation aborted"

Guest rashad1
install custom recovery image, e.g. amon-ra

Tried doing so, but I apparently don't have SU permission even though I rooted my phone