WiFi won't stay connected

Guest kyle16

Guest kyle16
Hey,

How will this MAC address hack affect me if I have multiple other devices connected to the same router? I use the same Belkin N+ router.

Please advice.

It won't affect you, as DHCP will continue to assign IP addresses from the remaining available IP pool. That pool can be altered too from 192.168.2.1 settings.

Guest HomerPSimpson
It won't affect you, as DHCP will continue to assign IP addresses from the remaining available IP pool. That pool can be altered too from 192.168.2.1 settings.

Guest rhotov

Problem solved after I replaced my wireless router. It seems the new, more powerful router (D-LINK DIR-655) has done the job pretty well...

Guest kyle16

Wifi Fixer 0.7.0 is out on the market! This app has made huge strides since last release. Has seemed to help more than anything for my own situation ymmv.

Guest ushim6
Wifi Fixer 0.7.0 is out on the market! This app has made huge strides since last release. Has seemed to help more than anything for my own situation ymmv.

Hey everyone, Wifi Fixer guy put out a call to get logs of the issue we are talking about.

http://wififixer.wordpress.com/2010/07/06/...ogs/#comment-48

Please please please install Wifi Fixer and use the built-in logger to send him logs of the sleep effects. He seems to be the only developer interested in fixing our problem. It may still be impossibly, but he might be able to narrow the issue down. Even send logs if you don't have the issue(of course make sure to say whether or not you had an issue :) )

edit: Also try the Wifi Static app and report back please. I'll try it when I'm home.

Edited by ushim6

Guest jerrybrinkley

wi-fi keep alive works well on the tmo version. Not on the att version yet.

I've been messing around with both the att and tmo and there is something very different about the two. Even though I set them up the same.

I have tried everything, routers, all the apps and widgets, roms, kernels and radios and nothing fixes the never sleep thing.

anyway... this app fixes my tmo version to REALLY never sleep.

Guest ushim6

I'm trying the new release of Wifi Fixer, I'll come back with results at my 2 home routers.

edit: a-hah! So apparently it WAS a power saver mode issue as I hypothesized. Hopefully it'll work!

Edited by ushim6