FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Guest dr3amz
Can't mount SD: if i click on USB Connected>Connect it stays on loading.

Please check if you have the same problem

my sd is ok, try the umount option in malez to fix

Guest simoneser

Can you check also if browser is working after installing fix? Don't know if it's related but now it FCs ;)

Edited by simoneser

Guest dr3amz
Can you check also if browser is working after installing fix? Don't know if it's related but now it FCs :(

mines ok, got sd and browser, just loaded bbc iplayer - but orientation is broken (tried on/off)

*edit* iplayer manages to flip the image lol, but not when just browsing ;)

Edited by dr3amz

Guest phhusson

About the fix, first install the original zip, then boot it (just to the "touch the android" should be enough), then reboot into recovery then apply Froyo-fix.zip.

Do not apply both in a row, you'd get into a bootloop

Guest nferro

@phhusson thanks for all you hard work!

It was nice to take a look at Froyo but I was having a few problems that are deal breakers (USB mount not working, Titanium not seeing it's backup folder...) and I'm also going to need the camera.

I'm now going to restore the Nandroid backup and going back do LCR 1.7. Sunday I'll give Froyo another try (and try to understand WTF was going on with the sdcard).

Guest Andrea1Liquid

My operator's name is incorrect and I can't use my data plan and 3G. For now I can't use your ROM, phh.

Edited by Andrea1Liquid

Guest xian1243

Just manually set the APN in settings. This bug has been in Froyo since the beginning... it sets me to NRJMobile, when I'm on SFR (Vodafone subisidary). Just manually add APN or select correct one, and it will work just fine.

Guest dr3amz

flash i think has some serious issues, going to youtube.com and playing a vid causes blackscreen and the odd bit of intermittent sound, only way out is a battery removal+reboot

initial test on iplaying however was rock solid + smooth, so not sure whats going on here...

also interface can be quite sluggish, definately not as fast as the previous eclair or even Froyo alpha release

wifi very intermittent also, even with dedicated IP

Edited by dr3amz

About sluggish interface, I have one problem, I have random micro freezes they are quite frequent, am I the only one to have this?

EDIT:Okay issue seems to have disappeared after disabling and re enabling Wifi.

Edited by bais

Guest Baspar

And for video? If anyone have an idea of a player who works for H264? Act1 haven't issue, but he didn"t play to ^^'

Thank's Phhuson ;)

Your works is fabulou :(

Guest dr3amz

ya this is a great start and i am sure bugs will be ironed out ;)

can't get USB link in windows :( spinning wheel on the USB connected screen

Guest phhusson
About sluggish interface, I have one problem, I have random micro freezes they are quite frequent, am I the only one to have this?

EDIT:Okay issue seems to have disappeared after disabling and re enabling Wifi.

Yeah I noticed the wifi driver does really weird stuff, most of the time I even have to reboot.

And for video? If anyone have an idea of a player who works for H264? Act1 haven't issue, but he didn"t play to ^^'

Use players that support xvid and friends, they'll do H264 in software.

ya this is a great start and i am sure bugs will be ironed out ;)

can't get USB link in windows :( spinning wheel on the USB connected screen

Perhaps you have some weird app running ?

OKAY, That is broken too. Why does nothing never ever work as before releasing.

Edited by phhusson

Okay I know now when the micro freeze bug occurs.

EDIT: No, wait it does that when you do any activity which uses Wifi...

Edited by bais

Guest Quipeace

Works great pph! Live wallpapers are very slow but everything is very smooth with a regular wallpaper. Currently reading a little about froyo's apps2sd :lol:

I'm using launcherpro, which still looks faster than the default launcher sadly...

EDIT: Having problems with accesing my sdcard, can't mount as removable drive, can't unmount from the settings menu and can't seem to access it in any way.

EDIT2: Also, when I have the usb cable plugged in when booting both debugging and mount notifications show up, however when I pull out the cable and plug it back in the two won't show up anymore.

EDIT3: Rebooted and can now acces sdcard via a filemanager, however plugging in the usb won't show the debugging and mount notification (nor does debugging work)

Edited by Quipeace

Guest phhusson
Works great pph! Live wallpapers are very slow but everything is very smooth with a regular wallpaper. Currently reading a little about froyo's apps2sd :lol:

I'm using launcherpro, which still looks faster than the default launcher sadly...

Okay. I'm the only for who it works really smoothly ?

Even with Nexus' livewallpaper, with beautiful widget moving it's just smooth.

Just to be sure, you guys aren't trying that while android is downloading all your apps, and mail and contacts ?