FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Guest phhusson
man battery drain is very high, within 4-5 hours of very little use.. its down to like 60% and then overnight it went right down to ~10-15%.. :D

I have juice defender on as well.. no wifi, just 2G

You're kidding me right ?

On a 8hours night, with wifi enabled, push-mail and SIP on it, with really poor gsm connection (that helps a lot draining battery), i've lost only 40% of battery ....

Guest akira.pwr
You're kidding me right ?

On a 8hours night, with wifi enabled, push-mail and SIP on it, with really poor gsm connection (that helps a lot draining battery), i've lost only 40% of battery ....

Can dapend on how much apps are installed? Themes can help to drain more battery? My battery life isn't bad for my needs, but it's not good as yours anyway. Fortunately I can recharge when I want.

Guest phhusson
Can dapend on how much apps are installed? Themes can help to drain more battery? My battery life isn't bad for my needs, but it's not good as yours anyway. Fortunately I can recharge when I want.

Themes shouldn't matter, concerning number of installed apps:

% adb shell ls /data/app /mnt/secure/asec/ |wc -l

%

Yup, 101 installed apps, not mentioning apps in /system/app.

So I don't think that's releavant :D

But I take care not to have stupid apps (hello twitter apps that polls every 5 minutes, hello email apps that does the same !)

Guest L0cu7us
But I take care not to have stupid apps (hello twitter apps that polls every 5 minutes, hello email apps that does the same !)

which email/twitter app are you using ?

Guest phhusson
which email/twitter app are you using ?

I use google mail (another good one would be k9mail if set properly).

For twitter, I use official twitter app, but I take care to kill it quite often :D

Guest phhusson

Okay guys, now Froyo is at the point I no longer need anything else for my own use. I even did a dual boot in case I've a problem with Froyo at some point to easily fallback.

So, now, you're allowed to say what you'd like me to do :D

What most of you people want as next feature ? (Remember, I'm not a modder, I'll just do hardware hacks.)

Guest phhusson
Why not video camera? :D

BTW, I thought that you were going to base your Froyo port on an AOSP build.

I'll wait for a real internet connection, it's f*cking slow here.

Haptic Feedback, call sensor ? :D

Haptic feedback will be complicated, I've broken my vibrator, but I'll try. Call sensor, you mean proximity sensor ? i'll try that again.

Guest simoneser

Yes, my 4 things in order of importance that I'd like to have:

-Haptic feedback on softkeys (and maybe a way to increase its sensitivity like in Liquid Eclair)

-Videocamera and a photocamera that works with other apps like Goggles and correct previews

-LEDs (but I have read that you need a coder)

-Proximity sensor

Edited by simoneser

Guest Quipeace
Camera + LED and froyo will be perfect

I've been trying to get the leds to work, but for some reason the changes I make have no effect on the system, even the debugging that I add in doesn't seem to work :/. Once that's solved fixing the leds themselves is a piece of cake.

Guest L0cu7us

1) proximity sensor, it is really annoying to lock the phone after answered a call...

2)video camera and a more stable camera (fc with barcode scanner)

3)led

4)haptic feedback

Guest nameless'
Haptic feedback will be complicated, I've broken my vibrator, but I'll try. Call sensor, you mean proximity sensor ? i'll try that again.

Yeah, I meant proximity sensor,I forgot the real name temporarly :D

Edited by nameless'

Guest xaueious

Please also give us hints as to where we can start looking for a Liquid E fix.

I'm guessing it's the mem offsets in the board file under mach-msm, but I don't really know where to start.

Edited by xaueious

Guest phhusson
Please also give us hints as to where we can start looking for a Liquid E fix.

I'm guessing it's the mem offsets in the board file under mach-msm, but I don't really know where to start.

Find N1's highmem patch is the easiest way :D

But there are other ways to fix this.

The problem is not in those mem offsets, it's way more complicated, and is mostly a virtual memory problem that I barely understand.

Guest boostnek9
Find N1's highmem patch is the easiest way :D

But there are other ways to fix this.

The problem is not in those mem offsets, it's way more complicated, and is mostly a virtual memory problem that I barely understand.

Been searching for 40 minutes now and I can't find the himem patch anywhere! anyone have a link?

Guest phhusson
Been searching for 40 minutes now and I can't find the himem patch anywhere! anyone have a link?

If it would be easy, I'd already have found it :D

The problem is that it seems everyone has forgotten this patch ....

Guest boostnek9
If it would be easy, I'd already have found it :D

The problem is that it seems everyone has forgotten this patch ....

I found and downloaded a file that claims its the himem patch but it has no extension!! weird!

"zImage-2.6.29.6-highmem"

It was a link to just the himem patch so I read...