FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Hmmm, is there some kind of dithering active? I noticed a bit less banding, but the homescreen (including the widgets) became a little grainy. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature (of your work or froyo itself *G*).

Anyway: Everything works as it should - all BT devices connected without a problem and they work this time.

Thanks phhusson :D

Edit: And no - I'm not using CM6 :D

Edited by Ayur

Guest xaueious
Find N1's highmem patch is the easiest way :D

But there are other ways to fix this.

The problem is not in those mem offsets, it's way more complicated, and is mostly a virtual memory problem that I barely understand.

Not even Cyanogen has it :D

http://twitter.com/cyanogen/status/21108579427

What do you think our chances are if I copied your commits to the Liquid kernel to the Liquid E kernel or something... If not I guess I'll just live with it.

http://gitorious.org/liquide/kernel

Edited by xaueious

Guest Quipeace
Hmmm, is there some kind of dithering active? I noticed a bit less banding, but the homescreen (including the widgets) became a little grainy. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature (of your work or froyo itself *G*).

Anyway: Everything works as it should - all BT devices connected without a problem and they work this time.

Thanks phhusson :D

Yes, You can disable/enable it in settings > cyanogenmod settings > performance.

Guest phhusson
Not even Cyanogen has it :D

http://twitter.com/cyanogen/status/21108579427

What do you think our chances are if I copied your commits to the Liquid kernel to the Liquid E kernel or something... If not I guess I'll just live with it.

http://gitorious.org/liquide/kernel

The kernel I use is the kernel for LiquidE !

The onnly difference between working 512MB, and not fully 512MB, is the VMSPLIT option. The kernel needs to map the whole memory in its virtual memory space. When there is 2GB available (default acer config), it's quite easy, when there is only 1GB (config needed for all other roms), it's more complicated.

Hey Phh...

If I can get my hands on a boot.img with himem included and hand it to you, could you make a boot.img for liquid users?

:D

No, I really need the patch on the source code.

Guest m3allak

About Battery consumption, I flashed phhroyo over last bin (1.000.63) and i can say that it's very very satisfying (about 0,5 % per hour in stand by) i've never had this battery consumption rate before (I'm not using any specific task killer) I just kill apps sometimes with SystemPanelLite

Guest simoneser

Oh, I noticed one thing from the first versions of Froyo's rom.

With both ES File Explorer and Astro i don't have any thumbnails for my .apk files stored on the SD.

It's a bit annoying: can you check if it's working. Anyway I don't know to what is related...

Edited by simoneser

Guest phhusson
Oh, I noticed one thing from the first versions of Froyo's rom.

With both ES File Explorer and Astro i don't have any thumbnails for my .apk files stored on the SD.

It's a bit annoying: can you check if it's working. Anyway I don't know to what is related...

I can confirm it's not working, I even get some error message, but nothing I can see how to fix :D

I can confirm it's not working, I even get some error message, but nothing I can see how to fix :D

Works for me, but I didn't wipe data when going from 2.1 so it's maybe cached up somewhere?

-No notification LEDS (Android app coder needed !)

So they are supported in kernel?

What's needed?

Guest Quipeace
Works for me, but I didn't wipe data when going from 2.1 so it's maybe cached up somewhere?

So they are supported in kernel?

What's needed?

It's actually quite easy, but every change I make to liblights doesn't seem to have any effect on the device. The leds are supported by the kernel, and can be turned on.

echo 3 > /.../.../leds2/mail

I forgot the exact path, but that's how they work, and should work. The modifications can be done in lights.c (hardware/msm7k/liblights), write_int(CALL_LED_FILE, 3); with CALL_LED_FILE being defined as the path to the correct led, described above. So far I haven't looked into the cleanest way to have the correct led turned on, not even the debug lines I add in show up on the device...

EDIT: Lol, I just noticed I'm a "Diehard" XD.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest supergod

I don't know why, but I feel laggy and unresponsive with the FRF91 Rev3....

The unit had become so hot as well.

Quite a number of FC occasionally.

May be it's just me, I am being unlucky

Anyway, I am sure the Froyo port is a great project. Hope there will be a working rom soon. Keep it up!

I really think that the highmem settings aren't good. I get lags sometimes and using a custom preset with autokiller:

Advanced settings: 10,14,28,40,50,60 really makes it better, but I have to reapply these when I reboot my phone.

Guest phhusson
I really think that the highmem settings aren't good. I get lags sometimes and using a custom preset with autokiller:

Advanced settings: 10,14,28,40,50,60 really makes it better, but I have to reapply these when I reboot my phone.

It's lowmemorykiller, not highmem.

Anyway, I'm not a modder, I make hardware work and that's all. I let modders set this properly.

(Also what is the units of your app ? The only available interface is 4kB(=a little memory page) as unit and 60*4kB seems to be a really low setting. And which device ? Liquid or LiquidE ?)

Edited by phhusson

Guest phhusson
My bad I knew I should have checked if it was high mem or lowmem. Anyway the units are Mb and I use Liquid not E.

Ok, that's what I thought, but that sounds like really aggressive settings

Guest Delnar_Ersike

Actually, I was messing around with autokiller settings, and I found setting it to 6, 8, 16, 24, 64, 96 is the best (foreground app, visible app, secondary server, hidden app, content provider, and empty app in that order). If the final two seem like overkill, you can bring them down to 32 and 48 (I like setting numbers whose prime factors are only 2 and/or 3, call it OCD if you want :D ); though the settings seem less aggressive that way, the difference in speed is actually visible. Maybe 48, 64 would be the happy medium? Just don't raise the setting for hidden apps... some ROM's made that mistake (*cough*Xian's ROM*cough*) and the device appeared to run a lot slower because of this (since all the apps in the background that were loaded into the RAM were killed, therefore they had to re-load themselves every time you entered them; this included the home launcher).

It's actually quite easy, but every change I make to liblights doesn't seem to have any effect on the device. The leds are supported by the kernel, and can be turned on.

echo 3 > /.../.../leds2/mail

I forgot the exact path, but that's how they work, and should work. The modifications can be done in lights.c (hardware/msm7k/liblights), write_int(CALL_LED_FILE, 3); with CALL_LED_FILE being defined as the path to the correct led, described above. So far I haven't looked into the cleanest way to have the correct led turned on, not even the debug lines I add in show up on the device...

I can't find lights.c (I don't have a hardware folder). Is http://gitorious.org/~phhusson/liquidproje...hhussons-kernel the correct kernel? (seems wrong because the last commit was on June 23)

Guest phhusson
I can't find lights.c (I don't have a hardware folder). Is http://gitorious.org/~phhusson/liquidproje...hhussons-kernel the correct kernel? (seems wrong because the last commit was on June 23)

lights.c is a userland/android stuff, in hardware/msm7k/liblights in any android tree.

The correct kernel http://gitorious.org/liquide/kernel/, but that's not what you want there :D

Anyway, I'm on it, I've already battery led working :-)