FRF91 (deodexed) for LiquidE [Rev 4.3]

Guest phhusson

Guest PhilNelwyn
[...]

I've looked around the web and nowhere have I read that the missing "Emergency Calls Only" dialogue is a feature of Android 2.2. Still, I don't think many folks have tried removing their SIM cards from their 2.2 devices

[...]

Are you kidding ? You'd like to make calls with no sim card ? :D ...then try with a calculator lol

"Emergency calls only" appears when the sim is locked (and is IN the phone ;) )

EDIT :

:D well, I tried to boot LCR E 1.8 without the sim card, and you're right, it displays "emergency calls".

The Froyo behavior is the good one IMO, it's a bug in Eclair.

Edited by PhilNelwyn

Guest phhusson
After flashing to Rev 4.2, and using it for a while, speed problems have mostly disappeared.

While I've changed nothing that could change performances.

Perhaps it's just that you cleaned up your stuff meanwhile ?

Flash Player seems kind of weird. I've found that if Flash content is compatible with older versions of Flash (9 or lower), it will run better.

Well, animations for older versions were created "a long" time ago, with way less powerfull computers.

I've looked around the web and nowhere have I read that the missing "Emergency Calls Only" dialogue is a feature of Android 2.2. Still, I don't think many folks have tried removing their SIM cards from their 2.2 devices, so I'll have to keep looking.

As for the WiFi battery drain, I noticed it at first when I was checking my JuicePlotter diagram and the battery seemed to lose power a lot faster compared to diagrams I had when running Eclair ROMs, but only when the WiFi radio was turned on. Going into Battery Usage statistics, Wi-Fi was at 25% when it was at 13% with similar usage on Eclair ROMs. Sorry I can't give you anything precise. :D

Okay.... Don't EVER trust those numbers, they are just stupid. The only thing you can trust is the actual battery level.

Well haptic feedback on soft keys is weird, the vibration is too strong, the keys vibrates 2 times if you hold them, and the worst is that there's no way to disable it.

Read OP for the disabling.

And for the "vibrate two times", disable haptic feedback in Sound settings. For the "too strong", next release will have way shorter vibration.

Another thing i noticed that is not present in other Froyo rom is:

i don't know if you remember the "Long operator name" bug (Vodafone Omnitel N.V. instead of the shorter Vodafone IT that is shown with eclair and other phones (on other phones with Froyo it doesn't happen this thing)...well, i solved this problem 1-2 months ago posting a modified libril-acer-1.so with the long name replaced by "Vodafone IT " (10 spaces after IT).

But here's the problem:

With your rom, when i pull down the notification bar, i see that there are the Vodafone IT row, and below an empty row. So the space reserved for the operator name is too big. With CM6\Desire Froyo rom it works correctly with the modified lib.

Damn you really care about that bug oO

Anyway I still have no clue about it

Guest Delnar_Ersike
Okay.... Don't EVER trust those numbers, they are just stupid. The only thing you can trust is the actual battery level.

Tested it out and watched the battery level now: with WiFi on, battery drops ~3% every 5 minutes, while with WiFi off, battery drops ~1% every 10 minutes. Note, data connection is disabled.

Guest djinferno806

i know this is dumb but the 2 main reasons i havent been using this rom yet are the light meter broken and the prox sensor.

In reality, everyone sais setting a manual brightness is better for battery, but isnt that was the light sensor adjusting is supposed to do. ive always noticed mine to be pretty accurate in all conditions ( no random ups and downs).

Just curious how close are u to fixing these :D

@delnar: holy s*** thats some bad battery drain. is everyone experiencing this same situation

Edited by djinferno806

Guest Delnar_Ersike
@delnar: holy s*** thats some bad battery drain. is everyone experiencing this same situation

It might not be just the WiFi: as I said, Data is off, so there might be apps actively syncing in the background that might not be active when WiFi is off... and remember, screen is always on at this state, so that might be draining a lot as well (I keep brightness at about 35%).

Retested it just to be sure, and lowered brightness and killed most apps this time. During my 2nd test, it produced ~1% every 5 minutes with WiFi on (remember, no WiFi sleep and display is still on) and ~1% every 15 minutes with WiFi off. Still a big drain, but at least it's only 3x as much rather than 6x as much.

Guest phhusson
I can confirm that 4.2 does not bootloop on the E...

Thanks Phh! what changes did you make for the E to bootloop?

Reverted the ""highmem"" patch ...

Guest simoneser

Then you can change the Known Bugs tab in OP for LiquidE ram and capacitive keys :D

Ok, now i'm going to try new 4.2 rev

EDIT: ops, i thought that full ram was available for LiquidE users with this new rev

Edited by simoneser

Guest boostnek9
Reverted the ""highmem"" patch ...

Oh, you finally found it!..

well it works, still missing ram for now but that will come through eventually.

Thanks again! :D

Guest phhusson
Oh, you finally found it!..

well it works, still missing ram for now but that will come through eventually.

Thanks again! :D

If there are quotes, it's not without any reason :D

It's not an highmem patch at all, but it was meant to enable all LiquidE's memory.

So no, I still don't have the true highmem patch, and that still would be a solution if someone finds it.

Guest simoneser

Ok, i'm trying 4.2 version

Haptic feedback on capacitive keys is really nice, but as you told the vibration is a bit too much strong.

Leds are working simply perfectly: using handcent sms with fast blinking and white colour, it's working awesome. Nice to have 4 "capakeys" blinking during a call. If you can make the call led working with a "lost call" (now it's blinking the SMS led with a lost call), LEDs will be perfect and solved. But for now i'm very happy.

Again, thank you so much phh! I can't believe that Froyo is working almost perfectly!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Guest boostnek9

ok, for everyone talking about removing the haptic on capacitive keys,

in terminal type the following:

su

echo 0 > /sys/module/avr/parameters/vibr

that will turn it off...this is listed in the OP......

Wow - LEDs working just fine :D

I don't want to be heretic (with all the work you spent on getting the LEDs working) - but is there a possibility (like the changed parameter for haptic feedback) to disable the Battery-LED? *duck and run*

I'm just no huge fan of blinking lights when I try to sleep :D

Otherwise I'll choose a hardware based solution (duct-tape ;D).

Hey there...

Is anyone else getting low sensitivity around the space key area? Are you getting any troubles when trying to pull the notification window up?

I noticed it when I switched to froyo, but now I'm scared it might be the hardware itself... I'm having troubles pulling the notification ribbon up, and sometimes pressing the space key doesn't work...

Please tell me its not just me!

Guest HustlinDaily

Press the back button when the notification bar is completely down.

Maybe try changing the sensitivity value and seeing what happens.

I do sometimes have this problem as well (no sensitivity scripts are applied).

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest simoneser

Yes, I had the same problem.

Open the superuser app: it will tell that there is an update to flash via recovery.

Wait some seconds to let the update be downloaded, then go in recovery and flash the new file.

All will work correctly :D

Guest compman

Open the superuser app: it will tell that there is an update to flash via recovery.

Wait some seconds to let the update be downloaded, then go in recovery and flash the new file.

I just update the SuperUser app. It seems to re-installed.

No need to flash via recovery mode. Now it works properly ;)

Obviously your answer was very precise. Thanks Simoneser :D

Guest Yuking
ok, for everyone talking about removing the haptic on capacitive keys,

in terminal type the following:

su

echo 0 > /sys/module/avr/parameters/vibr

that will turn it off...this is listed in the OP......

Yes, it works. But I have to set it again after rebooting?

Guest Musabadiane
I just update the SuperUser app. It seems to re-installed.

No need to flash via recovery mode. Now it works properly :D

Obviously your answer was very precise. Thanks Simoneser :D

I have the same problem and reinstall the app doesn't change anything for me.

Guest Musabadiane
Not sure but need to reboot once :D

I tried to reboot but it doesn't fix the problem

Edit: I received an update when I opened SU and now it's works :D

Edited by Musabadiane

Guest phhusson

Meeh ? But I put the last version available ? wtf oO

Hey there...

Is anyone else getting low sensitivity around the space key area? Are you getting any troubles when trying to pull the notification window up?

I noticed it when I switched to froyo, but now I'm scared it might be the hardware itself... I'm having troubles pulling the notification ribbon up, and sometimes pressing the space key doesn't work...

Please tell me its not just me!

It's a known bug of the "TS fix", not a hardware bug it seems, and not froyo specific