Good News for B7610 newest rom

Guest indivx

Guest indivx
Hey Daskalos, Buddy, please calm down. You are a very senior person among us and without your guidance and hard work, this forum cannot survive. In the heat of the moment things like this happen sometimes. Inder is not a bad guy either, its just that some miss-communication happened between you two, as far as I understand it. We all respect and love you, and there is no way that anybody is going to mistreat you ever. :lol:

@Inder: Buddy, just cool down for now and let's concentrate on sharing this new ROM as much as we can. I can understand your problems, Internet connections are pathetic in India, compared to other countries and its not an easy feat to upload a 300 MB file, takes more than 3-4 hours sometimes. I have gone through all this too.

I request you to post as much information as you can about this rom in the first post, as I guess you have now flashed it. That will make life of other people a bit easier :D

Peace!

Thanks sumit, I posted all the info as I get it, you can see edit1, edit2, edit 3 (Snapshots). This is my first post here so I think many guys misunderstood me, they thought that I was having it at that time when I opened this post, which is actually not true. I started downloading after this post, before that I was searching for more info about this rom on other forums or official websites. Then I requested the password from the author/uploader, which came today, so I immediately posted them here. It is not true that I was holding this rom, if I had no intention of sharing then why would open this post in the firstplace. I could have kept it myself but its my nature that why not share when we can.

Daskalos also misunderstood me, I apologized to him and I apologize to him now, I really respect him and I have no hardfeelings at alll.

Please forgive me if I offended anybody by any means. If anybody still feels otherwise, then kindly let me know, I promise I will not come to modaco again, I will leave forever.

Indivx

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
yes, but fus downloader does not see anything when this data given..

Could you share download link or I hope you upload it somewhere after downloading.

Well, may be the source for this is not samsung FUS. It could be a leak by company employee or something. Anyways, It looks fine to me and the settings menu etc app appear to be like JC2 so, its not a fake i think.

I am downloading it still, will start uploading as soon as i am done with the download. Will upload it to multiupload.com.

Guest daskalos
Please forgive me if I offended anybody by any means. If anybody still feels otherwise, then kindly let me know, I promise I will not come to modaco again, I will leave forever.

Indivx

You don't need to leave... Nobody needs to leave :lol:

B7610 Community needs everyone who can share what they know to make the device come alive...

I just shared mine...

Guest .:stn:.

Hey guys! ease down!!! Misunderstandings sometimes happen. You apologised, Daskalos may forgive. But it's not about remembering it and coming back every occasion. We are all working together for ourselves because unfortunately samsung doesn't care about PRO users. So it' better to help each other than figth and quarrel.

Well, may be the source for this is not samsung FUS. It could be a leak by company employee or something. Anyways, It looks fine to me and the settings menu etc app appear to be like JC2 so, its not a fake i think.

I am downloading it still, will start uploading as soon as i am done with the download. Will upload it to multiupload.com.

I guess so, cause it also doesn't show update for earlier Indian version. Probably it's not so official yet. Waiting for your upload. [;

Edited by .:stn:.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

Ok, I have begun uploading. I am uploading as a RAR file without password on multiupload.com. It will be available on multiple file sharing sites.

I dumped the CSC, its a single CSC, for India only. it contains files worth of 25 MB in size, I don't know why. I will certainly make a new rom using latest sys later using it and will put these files in that ROM. anyways, everything else seems fine. Eboot, MST and CSC files are there in the package. Phone.bin is missing so I guess you need to keep your old one. I am on JC1 phone.bin. I am going to flash now.

Will post link as soon as uploading finishes.

Cheers! :lol:

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest indivx
Ok, I have begun uploading. I am uploading as a RAR file without password on multiupload.com. It will be available on multiple file sharing sites.

I dumped the CSC, its a single CSC, for India only. it contains files worth of 25 MB in size, I don't know why. I will certainly make a new rom using latest sys later using it and will put these files in that ROM. anyways, everything else seems fine. Eboot, MST and CSC files are there in the package. Phone.bin is missing so I guess you need to keep your old one. I am on JC1 phone.bin. I am going to flash now.

Will post link as soon as uploading finishes.

Cheers! :lol:

Thanks sumit for the update, also I would like to thank all of you guys. I want that this forum should be the best amoung best, it will happen when we all work together. Thanks Stn., thanks daskalos, and thanks sumit.

I am really happy now :D , my 4-month old baby boy is keeping me awake, now he has gone to sleep so its also time for me to go to bed.

Tomorrow I will share some of very senior chefs's views regarding b7610 kitchen, what they suggested and everything.

Cheers! :D

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj

My initial views about the ROM :

Its fast, really good for a stock rom. WidgetPLus starts in 3-4 secs after boot. Basically, Its a JC2 with few bug fixes. Nothing notable is new.

Wifi and Alarm issues are gone, but these changes are applied using the CSC as far as I can guess since it has the files for these.

RAM is about 65 MB with Titanium, 52 with WidgetPlus, 5 minutes after start, no application open.

Free Memory is 85 MB, which is due to the copying of 25 MB of stuff from CSC. This can be recovered by making a custom rom. so the free mem actually is about 110 MB, usual for something like JC2.

GPS XTRA works fine, settings menu has no change. Messaging app is same.

There is an added application called GPRS counter. It can show your GPRS usage in Daily, Monthly and Yearly reports. Reports can be text or graphs. And it can monitor multiple connections. I think its useful for countries like India where unlimited data plans are still very rare. Only a few providers provide them, with some hidden limitations :lol:

So All in All, the experience is fine for a stock rom. Its not much of a great deal for anybody using JC2, please continue using that and wait for a custom ROM based on it.

Chefs, make custom ROMs from this one and use the files from the CSC in the SYS itself. That will give you the new GPRS counter app, its installed from CSC.

Edited by Sumit Bhardwaj

Guest xbongx

our buddy Dask he puts out he's link!!! :lol: :D

whos gonna cook now we know that Dask pwnd the B7610 forum..

Edited by xbongx

Guest Billbates

Wow finally the latest official release, wonder when they will release it to the public and the respective country..

65MB free mem with titanium not bad but I think the last official rom of the i8000 had 72MB, so why ony 65MB to us Pro users Mr. samsung?! :D . 52MB ram with widget plus, that's good. From the stock rom I have, I get 50MB with titanium so it's a good upgrade.

Say any problem with memory leaks?

Oh and I just wish the reserved ram could be unleashed. Just giving a hit to the chefs hehe :lol:

Guest daskalos
Thanks sumit, I posted all the info as I get it, you can see edit1, edit2, edit 3 (Snapshots). This is my first post here so I think many guys misunderstood me, they thought that I was having it at that time when I opened this post, which is actually not true. I started downloading after this post, before that I was searching for more info about this rom on other forums or official websites. Then I requested the password from the author/uploader, which came today, so I immediately posted them here. It is not true that I was holding this rom, if I had no intention of sharing then why would open this post in the firstplace. I could have kept it myself but its my nature that why not share when we can.

Daskalos also misunderstood me, I apologized to him and I apologize to him now, I really respect him and I have no hardfeelings at alll.

Indivx

Yup, even now I don't understand...

I quote you from above. You stated "I started downloading (the ROM) after this post"....That was at 22:33

but 6 hours earlier, at 15:49 your post #7 said:

guys the source is reliable and i indeed have the rom downloaded but I cant share it with you guys right now. Atleast you guys now that its gonna be JE2, I will try to get the screen shots (But I dont promise anything).

So you started downloading it after posting at 22:23, but for some reason, you had downloaded it 6 hours earlier?

And here's more:

4 hours earlier, 18:49 at post#11, you said:

I have the rar file but dont yet have the password, if you can crack it, I will upload it

It is clear that you had downloaded the ROM hours ago, so why say you just downloaded it past 22:23, and wait, did you say "if you can crack it, I will upload it" isn't that some kind of a condition that says, if someone can crack the password of the RAR file, then you will upload it. That in a way, is something like, you are holding back the file/the link/the details until the condition is met...

Oh please, your holding it back for whatever reason you have and "decided" to post your source when 3 people are questioning you why you are not sharing it... Oh I forgot, I was one of those who ask you to share, not for my sake but for all, and yet you sent message like :

Hi daskalos,

You are giving me advice to share, I think I have requested you to kindly share the kitchen which you are using for b7610 and I also requested you info regarding cooking manila 2.5 in the rom. Dear friend you didnt even replied. I asked you about manila, which package did you use EXT/OEM ?, how to put it into the rom.

So please dont advise others to share, when you cant. I have no hard feeling for you, I respect you very much as you atleast sharing your roms with the community. I really respect that.

Please dont take it otherwise, I respect you now and will do that in the future as well.

Thanks

Regards,

INDIVX

Funny thing was, you removed something like a tag line in your first post like "someone did not share his tools, but even so I'll be sharing"

And now suddenly you're saying like "I want that this forum should be the best among best, it will happen when we all work together..." What the f...

Working together means working together unconditionally, not working together because you are just gaining or gained something from someone...

You know what, I would have let the incident,you, disparaging me, pass by, but what I can't really take is seeing someone continually bluffing. And please don't mention you're loving kid that keeps you awake in times like this. I have nothing against children, and I love children, but I can't really take people bluffing in front of children...

Yes, obviously I'm very disappointed because first, you disparaged me, second you are bluffing and third, you are bluffing in front of your own kid...

I'm not really mad, cause if I'm mad the reasons will be first you disrespected me, second you are lying and third, you are lying in front of your own kid... but again I'm not mad :lol:

And here is my apology: I'm sorry for not sharing my tools and not teaching you how to make one, for I believe I'm not really a great chef to begin with, and there are so many great chefs out there (as you said) who can teach you, not because they're nicer than me, but because they have the most solid experience. I learned cooking the hard way,and now cooking with a very complicated method. But 3 things I learned about cooking are, you really learn by trial and error, by flashing and testing your ROM a hundred times and by asking a Master Chef...me, I'm just a newbie myself..... I'm sorry that I did not bother to reply, even did not bother to explain why. I'm sorry for making you realize that sharing is about reciprocating, is about give and take when in reality, sharing is just...sharing... no reciprocation, no conditions...

I'm sorry for making this a very big deal, I maybe going through some things these days that may explain why I'm so snappish. I apologize to all, that sharing my ROMs is the least thing I can do to for this community. I'm sorry for removing them, in order to have a fresh new start and to give way for new B7610 ROM cookers to post their works, in a forum that was cluttered with my ROMs. I'm sorry for those questions I couldn't answer and queries I couldn't attend to, for some reasons, that I'm just a newbie.

Lastly, I'm sorry for mentioning your kid, it's not really a wise thing to do, I'm just being real...

Well after all what is said and done, you're absolutely right, we must cheer up for there is a new official ROM :D ... and cheer up because I can see more chefs posting their custom ROMs soon... I know, we all wanted the best for B7610 community, and hopefully we are getting it sooner or later.

Yup, even now I don't understand...

I quote you from above. You stated "I started downloading (the ROM) after this post"....That was at 22:33

but 6 hours earlier, at 15:49 your post #7 said:

So you started downloading it after posting at 22:23, but for some reason, you had downloaded it 6 hours earlier?

And here's more:

4 hours earlier, 18:49 at post#11, you said:

It is clear that you had downloaded the ROM hours ago, so why say you just downloaded it past 22:23, and wait, did you say "if you can crack it, I will upload it" isn't that some kind of a condition that says, if someone can crack the password of the RAR file, then you will upload it. That in a way, is something like, you are holding back the file/the link/the details until the condition is met...

Oh please, your holding it back for whatever reason you have and "decided" to post your source when 3 people are questioning you why you are not sharing it... Oh I forgot, I was one of those who ask you to share, not for my sake but for all, and yet you sent message like :

Funny thing was, you removed something like a tag line in your first post like "someone did not share his tools, but even so I'll be sharing"

And now suddenly you're saying like "I want that this forum should be the best among best, it will happen when we all work together..." What the f...

Working together means working together unconditionally, not working together because you are just gaining or gained something from someone...

You know what, I would have let the incident,you, disparaging me, pass by, but what I can't really take is seeing someone continually bluffing. And please don't mention you're loving kid that keeps you awake in times like this. I have nothing against children, and I love children, but I can't really take people bluffing in front of children...

Yes, obviously I'm very disappointed because first, you disparaged me, second you are bluffing and third, you are bluffing in front of your own kid...

I'm not really mad, cause if I'm mad the reasons will be first you disrespected me, second you are lying and third, you are lying in front of your own kid... but again I'm not mad :lol:

And here is my apology: I'm sorry for not sharing my tools and not teaching you how to make one, for I believe I'm not really a great chef to begin with, and there are so many great chefs out there (as you said) who can teach you, not because they're nicer than me, but because they have the most solid experience. I learned cooking the hard way,and now cooking with a very complicated method. But 3 things I learned about cooking are, you really learn by trial and error, by flashing and testing your ROM a hundred times and by asking a Master Chef...me, I'm just a newbie myself..... I'm sorry that I did not bother to reply, even did not bother to explain why. I'm sorry for making you realize that sharing is about reciprocating, is about give and take when in reality, sharing is just...sharing... no reciprocation, no conditions...

I'm sorry for making this a very big deal, I maybe going through some things these days that may explain why I'm so snappish. I apologize to all, that sharing my ROMs is the least thing I can do to for this community. I'm sorry for removing them, in order to have a fresh new start and to give way for new B7610 ROM cookers to post their works, in a forum that was cluttered with my ROMs. I'm sorry for those questions I couldn't answer and queries I couldn't attend to, for some reasons, that I'm just a newbie.

Lastly, I'm sorry for mentioning your kid, it's not really a wise thing to do, I'm just being real...

Well after all what is said and done, you're absolutely right, we must cheer up for there is a new official ROM :D ... and cheer up because I can see more chefs posting their custom ROMs soon... I know, we all wanted the best for B7610 community, and hopefully we are getting it sooner or later.

Hey dasky, I can well understand your pain, when people start getting things for guaranteed this is bound to happen. It is really not easy for anyone to compile a rom, it takes so much concentration and an effort that cannot be thought of. People start off with euphoria of changing the direction of entire community, but have we seen very few, almost negligible roms being cooked and uploaded. At one point I thought of addressing the admins to make a subforum for your roms, afterall we were certainly in league with the chefs and roms of i8000 like.

Certainly we are going to miss out on your shares! Can we expect you to continue your efforts? I really am sorry that the forum couldn't understand your efforts.

All the best!

Guest roisagi

deskalos, rarley can we find such an important contributor to this forum.

your ROMs and contribution is irreplaceable.

plesae, try and see in front of you only the vast majority of people who charish your work.

Guest roisagi
My initial views about the ROM :

Its fast, really good for a stock rom. WidgetPLus starts in 3-4 secs after boot. Basically, Its a JC2 with few bug fixes. Nothing notable is new.

Wifi and Alarm issues are gone, but these changes are applied using the CSC as far as I can guess since it has the files for these.

RAM is about 65 MB with Titanium, 52 with WidgetPlus, 5 minutes after start, no application open.

Free Memory is 85 MB, which is due to the copying of 25 MB of stuff from CSC. This can be recovered by making a custom rom. so the free mem actually is about 110 MB, usual for something like JC2.

GPS XTRA works fine, settings menu has no change. Messaging app is same.

There is an added application called GPRS counter. It can show your GPRS usage in Daily, Monthly and Yearly reports. Reports can be text or graphs. And it can monitor multiple connections. I think its useful for countries like India where unlimited data plans are still very rare. Only a few providers provide them, with some hidden limitations :lol:

So All in All, the experience is fine for a stock rom. Its not much of a great deal for anybody using JC2, please continue using that and wait for a custom ROM based on it.

Chefs, make custom ROMs from this one and use the files from the CSC in the SYS itself. That will give you the new GPRS counter app, its installed from CSC.

which files to flash (using Octans):

mst, csc, eb0? what files to "detect" in Octans?: Eboot? PDA? multicsc?

Guest kaspy

hi to all of u .. iam very new bie

just dont know anything abt the samsung omnia . i am from india and want to get wm 6.5 can u plz guide me . what is csc pda and all the things u all are talkking abt

soory for my vague question.....

but plz help m,e.,

Guest yamajiang

it is funny when the title "Good News" in this post makes it a really "Bad News" as our great daskalos decide to pull out his roms because of the incidence.

I am really sorry to see this effect and hope it is not the end day of our 7610 Fans.

As my understanding, indivx has very good initial to share the latest official un-published rom but he got some problem & can not upload it at that moment.

But he made a huge mistake. If he gave the reason of not sharing, I believe most of us include Great daskalos will understand him and be patient to get it ready or give hands to crack the pwd. However, indivx made it like a secret job and during some PM between them, the small mis-understanding become bigger and bigger.

Let's come back to the very 1st place, I am sure all of them were from the very good intention and hoping to benefit everybody.

I really hope your guys can think through the whole story again and focus on the result not the un-happiness happened. What has happened pls let it go. Why not shake hand and work together & do our best to make the world much better?

Guest freq437

@ Daskalos & indivx,

Both of you guys were really great in sharing your knowledge with others specially to the newbies like us. So please, lets forget about what happened and continue with your endeavor.

Remember:

"God gave us two gifts; one is choice, the other... chance. The choice of a good life and the chance to make it the best."

Take care & God Bless!!!!! Peace everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest indivx
@ Daskalos & indivx,

Both of you guys were really great in sharing your knowledge with others specially to the newbies like us. So please, lets forget about what happened and continue with your endeavor.

Remember:

"God gave us two gifts; one is choice, the other... chance. The choice of a good life and the chance to make it the best."

Take care & God Bless!!!!! Peace everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks all of you guys, I know sometimes things tend to go out of hands thats what happened initially, but I would like to mention (AGAIN) that I have no grudge against dask, I did apologize to him for whatever happened and also it is a fact that he is indeed the greatest chef for b7610 (Whether he agree or not) but I respect him, I respect his work. I will be more than happy, if dask repost his all roms...............I request dask that please forget everything and lets start again.

If anybody who goes to www.kingmobi.net, there it can be checked that when did the author uploaded the rom file and when and at what time did he release the password. I think its an official leak that is why he was reluctant to share the password. www.kingmobi.net is a chinese site and it is China where development for Asia (Maybe Europe) for Samsung phones take place.

It is my sincere request to daskalos to kindly come back with all your posts, we really need you, and above all we do need your expertize.

Peace

Inder

Guest indivx

I have seen people are saying many things about me in another thread, but I dont want to answer any of those stupid questions and I really dont care what these few people think. SOme are saying something here on this thread and saying almost opposite on that thread. I am regular modaco user and when I saw this rom on that chinese site, I was so excited that I simply posted this thread straightaway so that others who are also eagering waiting can also know about this rom. At that time, the chinese author didnt released the password for whatever reason and in the meanwhile user started putting allegations that I have the rom and I am holding it, not sharing it within everyone. I dont know why people think like this, if this was my intention then I would have not started this thread in the first place.

I am not developor of this rom nor I am working for samsung, so I had no problems to share, But to share you one should have the a complete package. I was having the compressed rar file without password. I thought If I posted this rar file as it is then people will start saying that I am holding the password and dont want to share. So I was waiting for the author's reply for the password. It is not true, I suggest users who think like this, kindly to go to kingmobi.net and register so that you can ask the uploader or author about the password.

I cant imagine why people are putting such allegations, that was the reason that I uploaded the rom as it was (without password) and I was simultaneously looking at the kingmobi.net thread so that as and when password is posted, I can update this thread so that it becomes a complete package.

My internet is very slow, so I gave my kingmobi.net Userid and Password to Sumit, who downloaded the rom with password and straightaway uploaded for all of us here.

I have made my mind to get a HD2 today, so goodbye everybody and modaco. Really, I am feeling so depressed that I had no such intention which people are saying about me. Sumit I request you to keep in touch with me via email.

Inder

So indivx you have dumped your b7610 in favour of HD2, and daskalos has also done the same and moved away from modaco.

Best of luck to both of you. And we the left users of b7610 are here on modaco with little support that was available, withdrawn!

Anybody who wants to buy my b7610??:-( Long live b7610!!