Good News for B7610 newest rom

Guest indivx

Guest jrtancinco

WOW! that sucks. just as when i've whole heartedly decided go ahead and try out one of daskalos' wm6.5.3 or wm6.5.5 roms, he pulls em out. And now that mr. indivx has earned our respects for discovering this new rom, he bails out on us. well, i for 1 am sticking to my b7610, and with this new rom installed, im loving it even more. hd2's are too expensive here in the philippines anyway.

i confirm mr sumit's statement that the wifi & alarm issues i'v been having with the jc2 rom are fixed, for the time being at least. i'v installed this rom since yesterday, and found no problems connecting thru wifi to my dlink router as of yet, unlike that of jc2 when occasionally i had to restart my phone to re-establish a connection. also, i'v tested the samsung alarm on numerous settings and it all worked like a charm.

well anyway, i guess this is goodbye and good luck to you both, daskalos & indivx, and to all who have decided to throw away their b7610's for this unfortunate incident. we thank you for your numerous invaluable contributions and for keeping our b7610's a top notch mobile phone. we all know what kind of support we're getting from sammy in terms of firmware updates. so... until the next great b7610 rom chef :-)

Guest jrtancinco

oh, also, i dont know about this new rom being faster than jc2, but i will say it feel more stabler. i think what caused the rom to get a faster feel is because when i did a hard reset after installing JE2 and checked the settings and all that stuff, i found that the performance setting is set to HIGH as default. personally, i always set this to auto. so when i did, je2 feels just as fast as jc2.

the disadvantage of this rom i guess is that consumes a lot more (approx 30-40 mb) of the main storage space. i installed everything in, including the csc, which i think also carried the gprs counter which caused this big dip in main storage space.

i also noticed a slightly lower program memory space after boot (around 2mb less than that of jc2). but if this means a stabler system, then it's worth it.

oh and 1 more thing, u'll have to install the 3.5 .net compact framework. unlike jc2, it's not pre-installed in je2. i found it out when i was doing my registry tweaks.

Guest snipe620

hi sumit bhai pls tell me how to upgrade my 7610 to the above given rom which i had downloaded using octans pls expln i only had upgraded using .nb0 extention files not .mst, .eb0 and .csc files i m a indian user waiting for ur reply thank u

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
i confirm mr sumit's statement that the wifi & alarm issues i'v been having with the jc2 rom are fixed, for the time being at least. i'v installed this rom since yesterday, and found no problems connecting thru wifi to my dlink router as of yet, unlike that of jc2 when occasionally i had to restart my phone to re-establish a connection. also, i'v tested the samsung alarm on numerous settings and it all worked like a charm.

Ok, so this is a great news. Alarm and Wifi issues were really the only two issues plaguing the JC2 ROM. In future, If they can make WidgetPLus interface as good as it is in Omnia II's JD1 and JE1 roms, it will be even better.

the disadvantage of this rom i guess is that consumes a lot more (approx 30-40 mb) of the main storage space. i installed everything in, including the csc, which i think also carried the gprs counter which caused this big dip in main storage space.

i also noticed a slightly lower program memory space after boot (around 2mb less than that of jc2). but if this means a stabler system, then it's worth it.

oh and 1 more thing, u'll have to install the 3.5 .net compact framework. unlike jc2, it's not pre-installed in je2. i found it out when i was doing my registry tweaks.

Yes, the phone memory loss is due to the larger CSC. The ROM is almost exactly JC2, the issues with alarms and wifi are fixed in the CSC only. CSC copies updated exe and dll files overwriting the rom ones at first boot. Plus the GPRSCounter application is also installed from CSC. I think they didn't bother to change anything in the base JC2 ROMs OEM while releasing this update for India, as usual lousy engineering on Samsung's part. they think their users are fool and don't understand that the change in phone memory is not at all required, it could have been done by altering the rom too. Idiots! :|

I tried making a custom rom with CSC's update files. Although everything is OK, I am using it right now, The CSC still copies the files. I need to delete those files after first boot. And still, phone mem is quiet less.

I also tried deleting files from the CSC and just kept CSCConfig.reg, CSCCOnfig.xml and IndiaIMEI.pfg files in it but then the CSCConfig.xml file is not executing. Not a single registry setting for this file got into the rom, let alone the file operations. So for now, I don't have any solution. If somebody can throw some light, I would be very glad.

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
hi sumit bhai pls tell me how to upgrade my 7610 to the above given rom which i had downloaded using octans pls expln i only had upgraded using .nb0 extention files not .mst, .eb0 and .csc files i m a indian user waiting for ur reply thank u

Get the full Octans, not mini one. Then In the EBoot section, choose the eb0 file, In the Multi CSC Section, choose csc file and in the MoviNAND section, choose the MST file. That's it. Rest of the process is same as in case of nb0 file. But here, you will choose nothing in the PDA section. Instead, use the MoviNAND section.

Guest summoner

@Daskalos - I am very sorry to read all these developments! I hope we'll be able to work together on more of your excellent roms!

I hope as a community we'll be able to work together and develop and improve our hobbies!

Yours,

--summoner

Guest rrrmanish

iss daskalos ko kaho ki dimag na kahye....itnae gandae roms bna tha ...mai tang aaa gya tha...25 hzar ka mobile 1100 mei badal gya tha

UPerwale nae meri sun liiiiiiiiii yippeee

Edited by rrrmanish

Guest snipe620
Get the full Octans, not mini one. Then In the EBoot section, choose the eb0 file, In the Multi CSC Section, choose csc file and in the MoviNAND section, choose the MST file. That's it. Rest of the process is same as in case of nb0 file. But here, you will choose nothing in the PDA section. Instead, use the MoviNAND section.

Thanks Brother is it safe

Guest darthveda
iss daskalos ko kaho ki dimag na kahye....itnae gandae roms bna tha ...mai tang aaa gya tha...25 hzar ka mobile 1100 mei badal gya tha

UPerwale nae meri sun liiiiiiiiii yippeee

first of all speak in English on a forum, secondly his roms were excellent and just shows that you don't know how to use a custom rom and kinda shows in your message itself.

Guest angeles

Sumit if i'm using english language cause i'm from philippines like jrtancinco, should i also flash the csc from this rom, also the eboot? I read the warnings in the ither posts not to flash the csc and eboot part if not sure. Well, i'm not exactly sure hehehe. Thanks

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
Thanks Brother is it safe

Yes, as its an official rom, using full octans with all the files is safe.

Sumit if i'm using english language cause i'm from philippines like jrtancinco, should i also flash the csc from this rom, also the eboot? I read the warnings in the ither posts not to flash the csc and eboot part if not sure. Well, i'm not exactly sure hehehe. Thanks

The CSC is for India, and its in English language so that is not an issue. But, If you flash this CSC, the operator settings and other customizations will be according to India, not your country. So That may cause you problem while configuring Internet on your device. I would suggest that you continue using JC2 rom as there are no changes in this one, except for a few bugfixes.

But the problem is that these bugfixes are applied using CSC. CSC contains updated version of a few files. One thing you can do is flash this ROM without its CSC and then dump the CSC, get those files and copy them in the \Windows folder using a file manager like Resco Explorer. This will take 25 MB of your phone memory.

Guest jrtancinco

hi angeles, i flashed everything: eboot, csc, and mst. My carrier is Globe and the network settings and everything else seem to be in order. Keyboard layout for India and Philippines seem to be the same coz it didn't get messed up. In short, you can go ahead and flash the csc part also.

Get those files and copy them in the \Windows folder using a file manager like. This will take 25 MB of your phone memory.

Hmm, this is goog idea. Please share this files for ours.

Guest angeles

Thanks Sumit and jrtancinco. I finally flashed everything, eboot, csc and mst. You're right jrtancinco no problem so far with smart network in my case. I simply dont know how to dump the csc part, in fact I don't have any backup of my previous rom and csc hehe. I guess I'll be stuck with this one for a while.

jrtancinco you are right, no noticeable change in this rom. But I still cannot use opera or internet browser though I can connect to my cdrking wireless router here at home. Any ideas? Thanks

Guest rrrmanish
first of all speak in English on a forum, secondly his roms were excellent and just shows that you don't know how to use a custom rom and kinda shows in your message itself.

Do you really think that you even worth considering? Oh...come on

Aur haan rahi baat roms ki to tere ko bta du ki mai iss tyme andriod chala raha hun omnia B7610 pae with full hardware support...jiskae liye yahan ki puri community mari ja rahi hai...ubuntu dalana bachpan me seekha tha......kahe to pics pm karu...

^^hindi iss liye likhi ki kahin tere jaisae 4 bhikahri aur mangtae firtae naa aa jaye...

Edited by rrrmanish

Guest Sumit Bhardwaj
Hmm, this is goog idea. Please share this files for ours.

I will do so as soon as I get back to my internet connection at home. Right now I am on phone internet using my Omnia so uploading 25 MB will take a lot of time.

This one doesn't include european languages, does it? :lol:

As I have said before, the ROM is multilanguage, It contains everything for all countries. But the CSC is specifically made for India. So the ROM does have European language support inside it for keyboard and all, but same is not the case with CSC. If you install this ROM with the CSC, it will default to Indian settings, English as language on keyboard and interface.

Guest jrtancinco
Thanks Sumit and jrtancinco. I finally flashed everything, eboot, csc and mst. You're right jrtancinco no problem so far with smart network in my case. I simply dont know how to dump the csc part, in fact I don't have any backup of my previous rom and csc hehe. I guess I'll be stuck with this one for a while.

jrtancinco you are right, no noticeable change in this rom. But I still cannot use opera or internet browser though I can connect to my cdrking wireless router here at home. Any ideas? Thanks

hmmm... can other mobile phones connect to your router? if so, try this:

go to settings -> network settings -> browser connections -> enable automatically detect settings

then make sure u'r connected to ur wifi router before starting internet explorer or opera

if u still can't connect, then i'm not sure what the problem is. never experienced connection problems through wifi with my dlink router.

Guest angeles
hmmm... can other mobile phones connect to your router? if so, try this:

go to settings -> network settings -> browser connections -> enable automatically detect settings

then make sure u'r connected to ur wifi router before starting internet explorer or opera

if u still can't connect, then i'm not sure what the problem is. never experienced connection problems through wifi with my dlink router.

I haven't tried with other mobile phones. Laptops have no problem surfing though. The settings are as you said it should be already. So I guess I have to dump this cheap cdrking router for another if i want to surf with my omnia at home huhuhu. Thanks kabayan!

Guest angeles

five days after flashing everything from this rom, I'm beginning to consider going back to jc2. This rom is eating more memory than the previous jc2 rom. Are the bug fixes in this rom really significant vis-a-vis the bigger memory requirement?

Guest ABUBAKR

great ROM.. thanks

as a stock ROM.. its response is faster than JC2.. :)

Could you please upload Phone.bin of this ROM..?

P.S

the Indian CSC matches completely with Singapore's keyboard...!

I flashed CSC, Eboot and PDA.. works gr8 !

Phone.bin is left to flash..

Guest snipe620

thanks sumit bro i just want to know one more thing is it possible to compleatly disable samsung settings and use windows settings and is it possible to shift from 3g to 2g signals and viseversa without disconnecting network connection as there is low 3g signal in my home but when i move to other place with high 3g signal it doesnt automatically shifts to 3g signal when i try to shift to 3g manually it asks for desconnecting all active connections bro pls post some reg tweak for that. previously i was using i-mate ult 8150 with win 6.1 pro and i was able to shift between 3g and 2g signals manually while remaining active with my net connection. hope u will post some useful tweak