[request for devs] OC kernel for eclair (1.100.05/1.100.15)

Guest Nesli

Guest vanahaim
Is that "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash boot <boot image name>" ?

:lol: Don´t know what´s wrong :D

Edited by vanahaim

Guest phhusson
No patches. I make with the Acer's one config.

Okay. We have a problem there.

LiquidE kernel sources without patches with acer config doesn't even build (the build fix is simple though, but that's not the question)

The sources I have is:

App. Guide_Acer_1.0_A21E_A.zip (md5sum = ea308899cb2ad0a6c918d7dbf315078c )

Which one do you have ?

Guest csics5
Okay. We have a problem there.

LiquidE kernel sources without patches with acer config doesn't even build (the build fix is simple though, but that's not the question)

The sources I have is:

App. Guide_Acer_1.0_A21E_A.zip (md5sum = ea308899cb2ad0a6c918d7dbf315078c )

Which one do you have ?

Yes. I have this one.

Guest csics5
:lol: me too it,s doesn,t work for me 100.15 aap freese at reboot system

Sorry guys, this is change Liquid from Liquid. Later we can make many probes with voltage, MHz, etc.

The wifi bug is the bigger problem. I found that disco also ran into this same problem with Donut kernel, but I didn't find the solution yet.

Guest phhusson
Sorry guys, this is change Liquid from Liquid. Later we can make many probes with voltage, MHz, etc.

The wifi bug is the bigger problem. I found that disco also ran into this same problem with Donut kernel, but I didn't find the solution yet.

When doing the make, also do make modules

It will create drivers/net/wireless/bcm4325/dhd.ko

Copy it to /etc/wifi and you're done.

Guest xian1243

When you compile your kernel, look in /drivers/net/wireless/bcm4325 there should be a file called dhd.ko. It needs to be pushed to /system/etc/wifi. For every kernel build you need a new dhd.ko... FYI.

In order to obtain it, you need to add the option 'modules' to your make command -> make zImage modules ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/your/tool/chain/example (I use codesourcery's G++ Lite).

That's that would needed to get WiFi working, if the kernel was proper. Phh had to do tremendous work to the kernel to get WiFI working (drivers, etc.), so I doubt it will work for you (Acer mess, incomplete kernel). On a working kernel source, that's how to get WiFi working, but this source is broken... that's why we don't understand how you got it to compile...

Xian

Guest phhusson
When you compile your kernel, look in /drivers/net/wireless/bcm4325 there should be a file called dhd.ko. It needs to be pushed to /system/etc/wifi. For every kernel build you need a new dhd.ko... FYI.

In order to obtain it, you need to add the option 'modules' to your make command -> make zImage modules ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=/path/to/your/tool/chain/example (I use codesourcery's G++ Lite).

That's that would needed to get WiFi working, if the kernel was proper. Phh had to do tremendous work to the kernel to get WiFI working (drivers, etc.), so I doubt it will work for you (Acer mess, incomplete kernel). On a working kernel source, that's how to get WiFi working, but this source is broken... that's why we don't understand how you got it to compile...

Xian

Considering that almost everythig else works, it's perhaps not broken.

Only the way that Acer handles it with userland that is broken, which makes other userlands annoying to do.

Guest csics5

Xian

Yes guys that was the trick. :lol:

It works. :D I don't think that I have to overwrite the "old" dhd.ko with the new one.

Thank you very much phhusson also!

Guest csics5
Working on my device, tho wifi dosnt work, going back to my last nandroid.

btw:acer fuckup there gles 2 drivers on this kernel, getting 12fps on nenamark1 instead of 16.1fps

I got 13.2 fps with the 921MHz kernel. I read some comments of this program and this is a very good score.

N1 has 12-13fps, Droid has 11-12fps with Froyo, HTC Desire 10.9fps with stock Rom. I don't think there is a cheat from Acer but who knows. :lol:

Edited by csics5

Guest phhusson
I got 13.2 fps with the 921MHz kernel. I read some comments of this program and this is a very good score.

N1 has 12-13fps, Droid has 11-12fps with Froyo, HTC Desire 10.9fps with stock Rom. I don't think there is a cheat from Acer but who knows. :lol:

Acer might have overclocked the 3D core, without publishing it.

Guest csics5
Considering that almost everythig else works, it's perhaps not broken.

Only the way that Acer handles it with userland that is broken, which makes other userlands annoying to do.

What was your problem about compiling? The source doesn't compile as is but isn't hard to the fix it as you wrote it.

Guest phhusson
What was your problem about compiling? The source doesn't compile as is but isn't hard to the fix it as you wrote it.

Just that nothing worked correctly. And I still don't get how everything can possibly work ... (I hadn't bother to try Éclair, I directly jumped to Froyo)

Guest rafyvitto

Run nenamark1 on any 1.100.xx rom and you will se the difrence, the score i gave 16.1fps its with 1.100.05 bin, the current source released by acer seems to have taken away "the gpu OC"? which is present in the new 1.100.xx bins, phh can explain better he came up with that theory :D

Guest csics5
Just that nothing worked correctly. And I still don't get how everything can possibly work ... (I hadn't bother to try Éclair, I directly jumped to Froyo)

But works, i write this from the phone on 2.1. The problem was the stupid include, wasn't it? I don't remember the header name sorry. How did you fix it?

Guest Nesli

Wow :lol:

I post this topic before I went to work, now, in back at home and it looks "fully on-line" :D

Big thanks to csics5, xian1243 and phhusson , I hope you´ll find the way to make kernel works properly :D

Many of us,"lamas" are waiting for your progress :)

Edited by Nesli

Guest vikings123
But works, i write this from the phone on 2.1. The problem was the stupid include, wasn't it? I don't remember the header name sorry. How did you fix it?

Should push dhd.ko first?

Guest rafyvitto
Guys, I know this is rude but please forgive me.

Can Cyanogen 5.x be ported?

Ofcourse it can, some just need to compile it, and im sure there will be some bugs that would need to be iron out, but yes it can be ported.

Guest csics5
Should push dhd.ko first?

Just the same . I advice make a nandroid backup before do whatever. As I know now, the dhd.ko and the kernel works together.

Edited by csics5

Guest csics5
Wow :lol:

I post this topic before I went to work, now, in back at home and it looks "fully on-line" :D

Big thanks to csics5, xian1243 and phhusson , I hope you´ll find the way to make kernel works properly :D

Many of us,"lamas" are waiting for your progress :)

It seems to me that works correctly all the things. Try the 921MHz version. If you got bootloop or freeze or something else we could try lowered version or little more gain on voltage.

Guest vikings123
Just the same . I advice make a nandroid backup before do whatever. As I know now, the dhd.ko and the kernel works together.

I tried to flash 920.img first.

And it froze.

I used LCR 1.7.

Guest vikings123
I tried to flash 920.img first.

And it froze.

I used LCR 1.7.

Tried different ROMs, the same result. It all froze at booting. Not FC.