Custom kernel for Éclair (LCR v1.7 and 1.6)

Guest phhusson

Guest L0cu7us

i have not the problem, but what i have to do if the device loops or do not boot cause of freq to high ?

Guest phhusson
i have not the problem, but what i have to do if the device loops or do not boot cause of freq to high ?

Boot in recovery and flash a working kernel.

Guest Piter1225
Thanks! Should it work under stock 1.100.05?

UPD: according to tmp_do's experience it is not.

I've made version only for 1.100.15

Tested all: 883, 920, 998 -> they are working fine

Guest verser233

hm, i just flash the update zip and then restart of course, i go to setcpu and there are i can see only 768mhz not more. how can it be?

Guest Piter1225
hm, i just flash the update zip and then restart of course, i go to setcpu and there are i can see only 768mhz not more. how can it be?

You need to put changed setcpu.txt on the /sdcard

To see real frequency of device check out OSMonitor, in "misc" tab there is scaling range

Guest Piter1225
I can't find setcpu.txt on my sd card :D

you should create it :lol:

For 998 MHz it should look like this:

Guest globalworld

on LCR1.7, overclocking seems to work fine at 998. Can't make any tethering application to work...would it be possible to have RNDIS support for USB tethering?

Thanks.

Guest gengaro86

I just CAN'T understand. It worked, I browsed the web, tweeted and everything. Worked like a charm. Then I rebooted and didn't work.

But I'm trying a DIY solution, so far I've managed to have the eth0 (wifi device) running in ad-hoc mode and accepting connections, I've done all the stuff from iptables but I need to have the wifi device up without using the Android Wifi Manager.

I've tried insmod with all the parameters described in /system/etc/wifi/wifi.conf (firmware_path and nvram_path), it loads the module but doesn't bring up the device :\

We don't have a wlan_loader bin o_O'

What I've been able to get so far:

121782459-1502c59db013b86fab4aac5439f94428.4c2798a8-full.png121783347-40fcc168f6b9c66ea241a3ce9ae01e93.4c2798a8-full.png

So far, I've noticed that tethering works only if you come from a recovery reboot. What the hell is happening inside a recovery? :lol:

Dunno what's happening, though.

Edited by gengaro86

Guest phhusson
I just CAN'T understand. It worked, I browsed the web, tweeted and everything. Worked like a charm. Then I rebooted and didn't work.

But I'm trying a DIY solution, so far I've managed to have the eth0 (wifi device) running in ad-hoc mode and accepting connections, I've done all the stuff from iptables but I need to have the wifi device up without using the Android Wifi Manager.

I've tried insmod with all the parameters described in /system/etc/wifi/wifi.conf (firmware_path and nvram_path), it loads the module but doesn't bring up the device :\

We don't have a wlan_loader bin o_O'

wlan_loader is for TI wifi chips only, we have a better one than that :D

Anyway, IMHO the best howto to try that by hand, would be to read Tether Wifi scripts :lol:

Guest fischschneehase

cant get root acces with 920 mhz but runs so far stable... eclair still freezes sometimes:( but cant find the txt. with the kernel panic... could you plaese help me pph?

Guest phhusson

echo 1 > /sys/module/wifi_power/parameters/power

Guest gengaro86
echo 1 > /sys/module/wifi_power/parameters/power

Thank you for the tip but it isn't enough.

# insmod /etc/wifi/dhd.ko firmware_path=/etc/wifi/BCM4325.bin nvram_path=/etc/wifi/nvram.txt

# echo 1 > /sys/module/wifi_power/parameters/power

# iwconfig eth0

eth0	  IEEE 802.11-DS  Nickname:""

Access Point: Not-Associated

eth0 isn't loaded in the proper way, as you can see :\

Guest fischschneehase

@PPH eclair still crashes during changing from 2g to 3g in standby or other way arround:( did you find any solution/ know any solution for this problem....?

in an other thread you said i should search for a file which is related to panic and kernel but in root explorer i cant find such a file :lol: