Custom kernel for Éclair (LCR v1.7 and 1.6)

Guest phhusson

Guest phhusson
Cyanogen's kernel for Nexus One for 1113600 uses 1275 for voltage. Maybe we can try with it.

We can't do >1.25V ATM, I don't know why yet.

Guest pikaone
Ahh, if only someone make OC boot.img for 1.100.05.... :lol:

flash your 1.100.05 with lcr7 and flash again with a phh kernel :D

Guest alfarobl

On LCR 1.6 with 883Mhz speed battery life is even better than regular kernel. So great.

Only issue is the WIFI tethering... I can use USB but would love to be able to use wifi with netfilter. Seems WIFI scripts fail on Liquid.

Guest pikaone
Woot, after making 1.100.15 1190MHZ boot.img I flashed it, it passed the Acer logo, but after that some crazy bright symbols appeared on the screen :D

Back to 998 MHz :D

peter, 998 doesn't work for me, my battery is a 1350mAh, and yours ? i believe some people have 1500mAh, maybe the problem is here :lol:

Edited by pikaone

Guest umair9001
peter, 998 doesn't work for me, my battery is a 1350mAh, and yours ? i believe some people have 1500mAh, maybe the problem is here :lol:

its working with mine, even though my batter is 1350mAh..

1350mAh defines the amount of current it can store..1500mAh will just be able to store more current.

on donut i only tried 920Mhz, didn't try the 1 Ghz one..and still haven't touched froyo to test..want lil bit stability on it.. :D

Edited by umair9001

Guest Borkata
We can't do >1.25V ATM, I don't know why yet.

What I see is that in n1 kernel, setting level of vdd pass through regulator, but for us it is set directly.

Guest Piter1225

I heared that some Liquid's have problems with >920 MHz

Mine runs just great, speed is so sexy...

Some details about my Liquid:

- Batt: 1350 mAh

- Part No: XP H480Q.001

- Manufacturing date: Dec 2009

Guest bbpoux
I heared that some Liquid's have problems with >920 MHz

Mine runs just great, speed is so sexy...

Some details about my Liquid:

Hi,

Mine works great with 1 Ghz and LCR 1.7

Before on Donut i can't put the 1 Ghz kernel, only the 920 Mhz (Probably because of the voltage which is highter on the eclair 1 Ghz kernel than on the donut 1 Ghz Kernel)

Phh, Great Thanks for your job.

Guest gengaro86

I've got Wifi Tethering.

It was a hard night, I've recompiled dnsmasq and iwconfig for Android and I've created some scripts. Still doing lot of work to have MAC filtering (via config file) and.. learning how to build an update.zip, since I have to push some files into your sexy Liquids :lol:

Hope to release something within thursday and friday.

Guest umair9001

what should be the settings on setcpu with 998mhz?

i have chosen nexus profile to give 998, wht now??

sory for the dumb question, but neva played with the setcpu.. :lol:

Guest Piter1225
what should be the settings on setcpu with 998mhz?

i have chosen nexus profile to give 998, wht now??

sory for the dumb question, but neva played with the setcpu.. :lol:

SetCpu is useful only when you want to underclock, or enable some profiles (like different speed when charging, etc)

It is not needed to proper work OC'ed kernel

If you are running 998 you can select N1, and than configure the profiles, or advanced settings

Guest nameless'
I'm interested to try the 1.2Ghz.. Could this cause any damage to my device?

Off course it could

Edited by nameless'

Guest liquid_it
I've got Wifi Tethering.

It was a hard night, I've recompiled dnsmasq and iwconfig for Android and I've created some scripts. Still doing lot of work to have MAC filtering (via config file) and.. learning how to build an update.zip, since I have to push some files into your sexy Liquids :lol:

Hope to release something within thursday and friday.

Great job, man!

Still I didn't get why it does not work out of the box while tun module is present.. Can you explain it?

Phhusson, did you try to undervolt the cpu? If you want a tester i'll be happy to help.

That would be great (or maybe the 1Ghz version with the regular Voltage - like on the 1.6 kernel).

Guest phhusson
That would be great (or maybe the 1Ghz version with the regular Voltage - like on the 1.6 kernel).

1GHz version is not overvoltaged.

And testing undervoltage properly would be a total pain

Edited by phhusson

Guest gengaro86
Great job, man!

Still I didn't get why it does not work out of the box while tun module is present.. Can you explain it?

I don't know :D

wpa_supplicant creates some unix domain sockets in /data/misc/wifi/sockets, for some reasons if the socket already exists (common after a reboot) then Barnacle just works, if the socket doesn't exist, barnacle doesn't even try to create a wpa_supplicant istance and just fails.

Tried almost everything (creating a unix socket, blank file, symlinking to other dirs) but it just doesn't want to work.

So, I preferred for a DIY solution, compiled iwconfig (which I don't use anymore) and dnsmasq and done some scripts.

Still testing, I'd like to provide a minimal GUI too, that's the main reason I'd release it later this week. :lol:

Guest liquid_it
Still testing, I'd like to provide a minimal GUI too, that's the main reason I'd release it later this week. :lol:

No hurry at all.. Good to know it works.. BTW I'm trying to find out why Vpn Connection (Cisco IPSEC client for android) does not work.. there're always some bugs to find.. :D