Custom kernel for Éclair (LCR v1.7 and 1.6)

Guest phhusson

Guest simoneser
Can anyone with 998mHz kernel (the one with ramzswap, 1.3V etc) check a thing?

Try to open this forum on the browser...while loading the page the browser close itself...I have tried reflashing 998mhz without other stuff and it doesn't close.

EDIT - Tried with 920mhz...it works good. I'll leave this :D

EDIT2- Reflashed 998mhz V2 and it's working :lol:

Can someone check it? Now it closes after some second of surfing..

It's very annoying, I can't use internet.

But 998mhz seems fantastic, battery usage seems extremely better to me!

Guest Dona'

But 998mhz seems fantastic, battery usage seems extremely better to me!

Works great for me.

Guest vanahaim

Worked for me :lol:

Guest simoneser

Thank you..unfortunately it is AAP and it hasn't Italian language.

With a reboot now the problem seems to be solved, strange :lol:

Guest gengaro86

Regarding the WiFi tethering:

The scripts are ready, dnsmasq recompiled is doing its weird job in giving away ip addresses and acting as a dns server. While tethering the Liquid doesn't over heat (even if you browse like a mad) and speed is excellent. I've managed to get about 72ms ping on google after two-three minutes (dnsmasq does rebuild the dns cache so the first minutes of browsing may be laggy).

The only bug that's left is to avoid the WiFI from being turned off by the Android sleeping policy. It can't be avoided with just shell scripts so it's necessary to build a Java program around the scripts :\

Now I'm trying to build a GUI, even if I hate Java (being a C developer :D). Hopefully, it will be ready for tomorrow night/wednesday night.

If someone who's able to deal with the Android SDK (I'm a complete noob and I hate java) would like to help me, he's the welcome, should be a fairly easy thing to get :lol:

Edited by gengaro86

Guest Dona'
I GOT THE KERNELPANIC logs from changing 3g to 2g !!!! plaese pph could you have a look at it?

:lol: I hope this will help our great devs to resolve this bug !

Guest gengaro86

Are you sure the kernel panic occurs only when switching from 3g to 2g? Looks like it's something related to the memory management module o_O'

Guest Robety
Regarding the WiFi tethering:

The scripts are ready, dnsmasq recompiled is doing its weird job in giving away ip addresses and acting as a dns server. While tethering the Liquid doesn't over heat (even if you browse like a mad) and speed is excellent. I've managed to get about 72ms ping on google after two-three minutes (dnsmasq does rebuild the dns cache so the first minutes of browsing may be laggy).

The only bug that's left is to avoid the WiFI to being turned off by the Android sleeping policy. It can't be avoided with just shell scripts so it's necessary to build a Java program around the scripts :\

Now I'm trying to build a GUI, even if I hate Java (being a C developer :)). Hopefully, it will be ready for tomorrow night/wednesday night.

If someone who's able to deal with the Android SDK (I'm a complete noob and I hate java) would like to help me, he's the welcome, should be a fairly easy thing to get :D

Very nice to hear :lol:

I am a java and android dev, but currently short on time.

Using the source from android wifi tether might speed things up a bit.

Thanks a lot for adressing this kinda important issue :D

Edited by Robety

Guest phhusson
I GOT THE KERNELPANIC logs from changing 3g to 2g !!!! plaese pph could you have a look at it?

Sounds like memory corruption :/

I really can't help here.

Guest fischschneehase

damn but it has to be the kernel iam right? cause on froyo and donut it was no problem.... whats about the baseband?

Guest HustlinDaily

Not all Liquids can run at 998MHz smooth. The people who are having problems probably will continue to have problems regardless of rom.