2.1 release due in July 2010

Guest hecatae

Many thanks to RottenFoxBreath, I followed your instructions to the letter and it worked perfectly.

I don't much like flashing firmware at the best of times, and doing so with software where I can't read the language is extra fun, but it worked!

Thank you. :lol:

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Many thanks to RottenFoxBreath, I followed your instructions to the letter and it worked perfectly.

I don't much like flashing firmware at the best of times, and doing so with software where I can't read the language is extra fun, but it worked!

Thank you. :lol:

Glad it worked for you... B)

Now..one thing..for the UK people who aren't American or Westernised to the point of contacts looking like 000-0000-000, you can remedy this.

Go to the market, download "MoreLocale 2", it's only 60kbs, so tiny file size, run it(you only need to run it once, and never again), select English, from the ISO639 window, then select United Kingdom, from the ISO3166 window.

* Hint: United Kingdome is underneat "Gabon" in the A-Z listing B) , I assume for GB.

Then select "Set", and that's it, no more hyphenated contacts.

For all other people, this might help with keyboard or language issues with your locale...

There are a ton of locales in this programme, so it might help a bit, for individual needs.

worked! so i was happy. checked and was told i am on 2.1 version 1.

but then i noticed that all of my apps are still here, on the other hand there was no dialer. and within seconds i was getting one message after the other of: process calendar android has stopped working, then same for handcent sms, then same for phone, then wallpaper, etc. so i tried to re do it again and same thing happened.

why are the original apps are still there and why no dialer and all these errors?

Guest Sash0815
Glad it worked for you... :lol:

Now..one thing..for the UK people who aren't American or Westernised to the point of contacts looking like 000-0000-000, you can remedy this.

Go to the market, download "MoreLocale 2", it's only 60kbs, so tiny file size, run it(you only need to run it once, and never again), select English, from the ISO639 window, then select United Kingdom, from the ISO3166 window.

* Hint: United Kingdome is underneat "Gabon" in the A-Z listing B) , I assume for GB.

Then select "Set", and that's it, no more hyphenated contacts.

For all other people, this might help with keyboard or language issues with your locale...

There are a ton of locales in this programme, so it might help a bit, for individual needs.

Hi,

nice one, thank you! Does anyone know it it is possible to change the build in dictionary to a language

which is not installed on this baltic rom? In my case this would be a german one..Perhaps there is

an app like this one RottenFoxBreath mentioned?

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Hi,

nice one, thank you! Does anyone know it it is possible to change the build in dictionary to a language

which is not installed on this baltic rom? In my case this would be a german one..Perhaps there is

an app like this one RottenFoxBreath mentioned?

I've just run More Locale 2 again to check, previously carrying out the instructions I give in my post, and I now see Spanish, German, French, Polish, Italian, Czech, Latvian, Chinese, and other languages to select.

That's from picking the English/GB/UK custom locale from the list, so my guess is, all the languages are there, they just need unlocked.

But you can download language packs/dictionaries for the majority of the keyboard apps, like Swype, or SlideIT, from the market, an example of which is here: http://www.mobiletextinput.com/Product/Sli...nguagePacks.php

Edited by RottenFoxBreath

Guest sefo1979

Hi just tried to update on O2gt54 using the LG utilities tool and this is what i got.

10:53:04 : Start Date : 2010-09-30 10:53:04

10:53:04 : ***** Check Tool Version *****

10:53:04 : Tool version : 1.4.2.3

10:53:04 : UpgradeDLL version : 1.2.2.4

10:53:04 : Current Dir : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client

10:53:04 : LGE USB Driver Version :

10:53:04 : ******************************************

10:53:04 : [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] Try to delete folder

10:53:04 : RemoveDirectory1 Error(2):C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone

10:53:04 : *****CheckOS Start********

10:53:04 : Microsoft_Windows_XP_Professional_Service Pack 3

10:53:04 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****

10:53:05 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found - OK and ready to upgrade

10:53:05 : SetEmerModeAT()

10:53:05 : _IsConnectedPhone Call

10:53:12 : _IsConnectedPhone(1)

10:53:12 : 0 - NotConnected.

10:53:12 : 1 - Normal connect success

10:53:12 : 2 - Emergency connect success

10:53:19 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...

10:53:19 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)

10:53:20 : Phone Mode(1)

10:53:20 : *****GetPhoneType Start*****

10:53:25 : Phone Type : QCT

10:53:27 : *****GetPhoneModel Start*****

10:53:27 : Phone Model : GT540

10:53:27 : *****GetPhoneBinaryVersion Start*****

10:53:28 : Phone Bin Version : V10A_00

10:53:28 : *****Get ESN / IMEI / MEID Start*****

10:53:30 : ÀÎÁõ °Ë»ç ÆĶó¸ÞŸ - ESN_IMEI : 00000000000, Model : GT540

10:53:31 : ´Ü¸» ÀÎÁõ Fail

10:53:31 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR

10:53:31 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

10:53:31 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

anyone know what this all means??

Also just rang LG customer services, i asked should i check daily and the girl said the uk version apparently will not be ready for another couple of weeks so dot bother as they are still having problems with the software, i find it really amusing that the bulk of non technically minded people have been able to hack and flash the phone with the Baltic ROM. But a bunch of techies paid thousands a year cant get it right. I know some of you will probably come back and say they are trying to get it right before release but the fact that the Baltic one is up and running with very few issues (only ones i seem to have read about are locality issues) shouldn't give them any reason to be holding any other country updates back.

Edited by sefo1979

Hi just tried to update on O2gt54 using the LG utilities tool and this is what i got.

10:53:04 : Start Date : 2010-09-30 10:53:04

10:53:04 : ***** Check Tool Version *****

10:53:04 : Tool version : 1.4.2.3

10:53:04 : UpgradeDLL version : 1.2.2.4

10:53:04 : Current Dir : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client

10:53:04 : LGE USB Driver Version :

10:53:04 : ******************************************

10:53:04 : [C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone] Try to delete folder

10:53:04 : RemoveDirectory1 Error(2):C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone

10:53:04 : *****CheckOS Start********

10:53:04 : Microsoft_Windows_XP_Professional_Service Pack 3

10:53:04 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****

10:53:05 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found - OK and ready to upgrade

10:53:05 : SetEmerModeAT()

10:53:05 : _IsConnectedPhone Call

10:53:12 : _IsConnectedPhone(1)

10:53:12 : 0 - NotConnected.

10:53:12 : 1 - Normal connect success

10:53:12 : 2 - Emergency connect success

10:53:19 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...

10:53:19 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)

10:53:20 : Phone Mode(1)

10:53:20 : *****GetPhoneType Start*****

10:53:25 : Phone Type : QCT

10:53:27 : *****GetPhoneModel Start*****

10:53:27 : Phone Model : GT540

10:53:27 : *****GetPhoneBinaryVersion Start*****

10:53:28 : Phone Bin Version : V10A_00

10:53:28 : *****Get ESN / IMEI / MEID Start*****

10:53:30 : ÀÎÁõ °Ë»ç ÆĶó¸ÞŸ - ESN_IMEI : 00000000000, Model : GT540

10:53:31 : ´Ü¸» ÀÎÁõ Fail

10:53:31 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR

10:53:31 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

10:53:31 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

anyone know what this all means??

Also just rang LG customer services, i asked should i check daily and the girl said the uk version apparently will not be ready for another couple of weeks so dot bother as they are still having problems with the software, i find it really amusing that the bulk of non technically minded people have been able to hack and flash the phone with the Balkan ROM. But a bunch of techies paid thousands a year cant get it right. I know some of you will probably come back and say they are trying to get it right before release but the fact that the Balkan one is up and running with very few issues (only ones i seem to have read about are locality issues) shouldn't give them any reason to be holding any other country updates back.

Thats a Baltic rom, bro. Baltic is East Europe. Balkan countries are at the southeast of europe.

Guest PhilipBerovo
Thats a Baltic rom, bro. Baltic is East Europe. Balkan countries are at the southeast of europe.

ints not about what country... dude i upgrade mine to 2.1 im form macedonia/balkan... and i think his problem is that he should have uncehcked mass storage only/install LG drivers/ active debugging mode

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Also just rang LG customer services, i asked should i check daily and the girl said the uk version apparently will not be ready for another couple of weeks so dot bother as they are still having problems with the software,

LOL.. B) Like she would know, being a phone monkey..They are full of shite, TBH.

"Like uh, yeah, uh, the UK version is having problems, as we can't get the mushed banana off the screen due to the programming monkey throwing a tantrum.." :lol: B)

You see stuff like this all the time, when companies are firing out firmware or updates to fix issues in certain countries, yet in others, they can't even find their arses if they were on fire...

Guest qwerta369
LOL.. B) Like she would know, being a phone monkey..They are full of shite, TBH.

"Like uh, yeah, uh, the UK version is having problems, as we can't get the mushed banana off the screen due to the programming monkey throwing a tantrum.." :lol: B)

You see stuff like this all the time, when companies are firing out firmware or updates to fix issues in certain countries, yet in others, they can't even find their arses if they were on fire...

Sorry, I think that's incredibly rude.

Call centre agents at LG may have been told by their superiors that the UK version is not yet ready and to advise customers to keep checking. Bare in mind that if they do not know the answer to a question it's because they have not been given the answer from their superiors - simple as that.

To make fun of a person doing a job and earning a living and to call them "monkeys" is downright insulting. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope nobody insults you the same way.

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Sorry, I think that's incredibly rude.

Call centre agents at LG may have been told by their superiors that the UK version is not yet ready and to advise customers to keep checking. Bare in mind that if they do not know the answer to a question it's because they have not been given the answer from their superiors - simple as that.

To make fun of a person doing a job and earning a living and to call them "monkeys" is downright insulting. You should be ashamed of yourself. I hope nobody insults you the same way.

Would you prefer I call them useless..as that's what they seem to be in most cases from posts on here, regarding updates or service

I use the term "monkeys" as they are trained, trained to read from a script, trained to follow the company line, much like a performing animal, much like a monkey persay ..they have no technical knowledge in most cases, cannot offer help or support without consent, and cannot know or have any access to the "higher uppers" thoughts, in effect, they know nothing.

If you go back over the posts before, even when the phone was out, they(LG support) still thought it wasn't, and in some instances, said there was no 2.1, and in others, 2.1 was not coming to the UK, and we even have LG france saying 2.2 is on it's way around the end of the year...so what were their superiors telling them then?

I think if you feel the need to be offended for other people, that's sad, too much of that going on.

and I am not ashamed, so there..ner ner nah nah ner.. B) :lol:

ints not about what country... dude i upgrade mine to 2.1 im form macedonia/balkan... and i think his problem is that he should have uncehcked mass storage only/install LG drivers/ active debugging mode

I know dude, im just fixing hes mistake in the sentence, its baltic rom, not balkan one, thats all. :lol:

I know dude, im just fixing hes mistake in the sentence, its baltic rom, not balkan one, thats all. :lol:

Edit: sry for double post, cant find the button to delete it

Edited by ilovelg

Guest Sash0815
I've just run More Locale 2 again to check, previously carrying out the instructions I give in my post, and I now see Spanish, German, French, Polish, Italian, Czech, Latvian, Chinese, and other languages to select.

That's from picking the English/GB/UK custom locale from the list, so my guess is, all the languages are there, they just need unlocked.

But you can download language packs/dictionaries for the majority of the keyboard apps, like Swype, or SlideIT, from the market, an example of which is here: http://www.mobiletextinput.com/Product/Sli...nguagePacks.php

Exactly what i was searching for, thanks again :lol:

Edited by Sash0815

Guest DBNemesis

Having had time to leave the GPS running outside, it's not working fine again (seems a little sluggish, but that may be me)

Edited by DBNemesis

Guest SuperShaq

Ok guys is the update out in the UK or not, and T mobile also? Am so confused, how are u meant to update? Does a message randomly pop up on your phone saying an update is available?j

Edited by SuperShaq

Ok guys is the update out in the UK or not, and T mobile also? Am so confused, how are u meant to update? Does a message randomly pop up on your phone saying an update is available?j

People are not updating theire phone via Update tool, they are flashing the Update to theire phone via USB and KDZ updater.

Guest Vespulan
News from LG France.

I sent this email

In short: Are you planning to provide Android 2.2 for the GT540?

And I receive this replay (in less than 12 hours!)

In short: Yes, but we do not have yet the release date, we can hope to this to happen by the end of the year.

Cheers.

PS: I'm not native English nor French, so I apologize for the bad translations.

Wow, nice job LG! Still havn't got that update B) keeps saying 'Phone is not supported for Update' or something like that. Yes, the way android are moving, it would seem that Version 2.2 would be a Windows 95 by the end of the year... But it's a good though, means they might get a flash runner for it :lol: