2.1 release due in July 2010

Guest hecatae

Guest Smille123

I´m also very happy with my gt540 with 1.6

My last phone was the omnia 2 from Samsung and it was full of bugs. Of course they released every month an update, it was full of bugs. As far as i know it´s the same with the galaxy s (f.e. gps fix).

Better a late update than many with a lot of bugs!

The gt540 runs very smooth with lots of good ideas implemented from lg. At this point i would buy a lg-phone again, there is so much in it for less money!

I wish it came sooner. I want better performance on this phone, maybe overclocking or such, if possible.

Still, the phone is great in terms of quality, I'm impressed of it.

Edited by Norby55

Guest he6rt6gr6m
I´m also very happy with my gt540 with 1.6

My last phone was the omnia 2 from Samsung and it was full of bugs. Of course they released every month an update, it was full of bugs. As far as i know it´s the same with the galaxy s (f.e. gps fix).

Better a late update than many with a lot of bugs!

The gt540 runs very smooth with lots of good ideas implemented from lg. At this point i would buy a lg-phone again, there is so much in it for less money!

EXACTLY. The longer it takes, the less chance of it being bugged up to sh*t. But no. People just want it now, for no really important reason. And I for one am not taking responsibility for those who push for it to be released before it's actually ready.

And I for one am not taking responsibility for those who push for it to be released before it's actually ready.

Well I'm guessing you don't work for LG on the software development team, so no-one's going to ask you to ;-)

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Well I'm guessing you don't work for LG on the software development team, so no-one's going to ask you to ;-)

I meant I don't want to be associated with the people that are pushing LG to release it earlier than it needs to be.

Guest he6rt6gr6m
Dude, If you give a promise, then stick to it! LG is not able to do this.

Who promised what? LG haven't come out and specifically said that there's an update coming. The majority of the thread is just from pictures on other sites and all that. We've got nothing official.

Guest AerospaceMango
Who promised what? LG haven't come out and specifically said that there's an update coming. The majority of the thread is just from pictures on other sites and all that. We've got nothing official.

Well said fella!

Loads of people thinking that LG HAVE to do it....but why should they?

The pictures from other sites could well be hacked phones, with a simple script running to make it LOOK like they're running 2.1. There's no evidence that what is shown is true!

Guest RottenFoxBreath
Well said fella!

Loads of people thinking that LG HAVE to do it....but why should they?

The pictures from other sites could well be hacked phones, with a simple script running to make it LOOK like they're running 2.1. There's no evidence that what is shown is true!

Theres a video, or series of video's here : http://www.youtube.com/user/MForumRu#p/u/41/bx9geMCAFKg

That one, from about 2.05mins in...

Then the other GT540 vids from about 2-3 weeks ago, show other stuff.

Guest cool_recep

They said officially in my country (Turkey) that there will be 2.1 for GT 540. They gave 20 phones to bloggers and even made a competition...The only thing they did not do is giving the release date...but they did it later via customer services....

Today, I called them and mailed them. Both said that the update will be available at LG Service Centers. I think they believe that end users do not have the ability to upgrade themselves :lol:

Edited by cool_recep

Suprised, i got this message from LG Update Tool.

New mobile phone software is available

Please update your software.

If not connected, connect the device now to start update.

If the update is done later, connect the device at that time.

lg-update-to-android-ecalir-2-1.jpg

lg-update-to-android-ecalir-2-1-still-not-possibel.jpg

They said officially in my country (Turkey) that there will be 2.1 for GT 540. They gave 20 phones to bloggers and even made a competition...The only thing they did not do is giving the release date...but they did it later via customer services....

Today, I called them and mailed them. Both said that the update will be available at LG Service Centers. I think they believe that end users do not have the ability to upgrade themselves :lol:

so bro do we have to go service centers? all people in other countries update their phones at their homes...

maybe we should check at LG suite app. Does it show anything about the update?

See you

Thanks

Guest flyboyovyick
GT540User

09/03/2010, 14:34

Post # 75

Local

[Offline]

Group: Friends 4PDA

QUOTE ([email protected], 13:20)

vobschem 0 on the market already came with the GT540 android 2.1 on board)

What is your firmware version is it?

Message edited GT540User - 03.09.2010, 14:35

bogden93

09/03/2010, 16:23

Post # 76

[Offline]

Group: Members

LG GT540

QUOTE ([email protected], 14:34)

What is your firmware version is it?

GT540-v11A-22-JUL-2010 mud)

_________video here is interesnoe_____________