any1 flashed the update yet?

Guest jdouce

Guest popetodd

Perhaps, the file name doesn't say it is the same ROM though.

If you go through the file name it appears that what we have here is 1.6, build 4917, kernel 2.6.31.

If you ran it from the top bar and it rebooted then it is a good bet your flash installed images overwrote the install and that is why you have the same version that it came with running on your machine. You would need to install it to flash to have it survive a reboot and that would have to be done from the maintenance screen I would think.

Edited by popetodd

Guest rovex

Domain Name: ZINGSTAGING.COM

[REGISTRANT]

Organisation Name: Dell Inc.

Contact Name: Amy Knueppel

Address Line 1: 1 Dell Way

Address Line 2: RR1-33

City / Town: Round Rock

State / Province: Texas

Zip / Postcode: 78682

Telephone: +1 (512) 7283500

Fax: +1 (512) 2833369

Email:

It IS a legit site. Hmm, sounds like the install didnt happen. We might have to rename it as update.zip and flash it with recovery. Anyone want to try??

Has anyone tried to open it with a ZIP program? Even if you have to force it?

Edited by rovex

Guest Aquillae

Just tried installing it on my Stock O2 Streak and it stops half way through the progress bar with this message

"FOTA model name mismatch. System will reboot in 30 seconds"

Guest courtlandre

So I downloaded using my phone and when it finishes downloading it asks if I want to install the update. Of course I did but it just hung at the dell screen. Trying to download again now. Any way to manually update?

Guest Rhysd2

when on the site it offers me a chance to update. If I click it it begins the download.so is this an update from dell or them putting our stock update up? Sorry but after all these pages I'm still confused as to what this is