22/Jul r3 (JG5) - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Samsung Galaxy S with Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest VarunRai
I did this to be able to install NFS Shift, then applied the Lag Fix via MCR Script, then when it booted up constant Swype Force Close Messages! It wont enable Swype anymore :D how can i fix this?

Check you're dbdata/data size. Your issue may be because the size is a little large. I'll install the game later tonight and let you know how it goes on mine.

On another note, I haven't flashed to R2 yet. Just flashed to JG1 and then restored apps and system data using Titanium Backup. Quite a few applications are crashing (Force close). Could it be because of the Titanium Backup restore? And of course the Market issue.

I just wanted to be sure that I'm not the only one with the crashes before I flash R2.

I wiped my device after flashing.

Thanks! :)

Guest gravityz3r0

I chose to move only certain core system files to /dbdata/ using the script somebody created earlier but upon checking the /dbdata/ size, it took a whopping 73.3Mb even without user apps/games. Upon closer inspection, i found that it was mostly consumed /dbdata/data/com.android.packageinstaller which is 57.9Mb. May i know what is this? And is it safe to remove it manually without affecting the operation of the phone?

Guest NeidRider

I'm having big problems with r2... First everything seemed ok; then I tried to restore some stuff with Titanium, then Swype stopped working, and after a wipe I'm unable to even get into the phone properly, I only get the Android-setup-wizard and tons of crashing processes...

Has anybody had this happening, too?

UPDATE: I reflashed, re-did r2, now I can't even connect to the market. Definitely going back to a stock jg1...

Edited by NeidRider

Guest FerdiBorbon
Check you're dbdata/data size. Your issue may be because the size is a little large. I'll install the game later tonight and let you know how it goes on mine.

On another note, I haven't flashed to R2 yet. Just flashed to JG1 and then restored apps and system data using Titanium Backup. Quite a few applications are crashing (Force close). Could it be because of the Titanium Backup restore? And of course the Market issue.

I just wanted to be sure that I'm not the only one with the crashes before I flash R2.

I wiped my device after flashing.

Thanks! :)

checked the data size, and its 5.0mb ....

so plenty of space...

Guest kennyboy
But isn't that what it's meant for? ;-)

Sure....if you're lazy.

If you read through this thread then u should know there are problems with restoring from Titanium.

It's like people telling you there's a big hole ahead of you, and yet you still choose to jump into it. :)

Guest gravityz3r0
Sure....if you're lazy.

If you read through this thread then u should know there are problems with restoring from Titanium.

It's like people telling you there's a big hole ahead of you, and yet you still choose to jump into it. :)

lolll , yeah titanium backup do have issue restoring certain stuff especially system apps and data. try not to do it unless your life depends on it.

Guest khunjj
Sure....if you're lazy.

I used Titanium to restore all my apps without any problem. Make sure that Titanium restoring been done before apply "lag fixed".

Guest FerdiBorbon

arrhh pain in the ass Swype, cant fix it! Ill just stick with SlideIT ... not as pretty but faster input and accuracy than Swype anyways..

Guest broona

Followed the instructions to the letter, and I've ran into a brick wall! :)

I've updated the firmware to JG1 with Odin, baked a custom ROM, renamed it to update.zip, put the update on the root of my SD card, placed the card in my phone, restarted in recovery mode with adb, and I constantly get the following error :-

'E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip

(No such file or directory)

Installation aborted.'

The SD card works perfectly in my laptop and in the phone when it's up and running, and I've even tried a couple of different ones, always with the same error, any ideas please? Might go back to my Hero at this rate, lol! :D

Guest Lilla

I've updated the firmware to JG1 with Odin, baked a custom ROM, renamed it to update.zip, put the update on the root of my SD card, placed the card in my phone, restarted in recovery mode with adb, and I constantly get the following error :-

Installation aborted.'

The SD card works perfectly in my laptop and in the phone when it's up and running, and I've even tried a couple of different ones, always with the same error, any ideas please? Might go back to my Hero at this rate, lol! :D

It's not about micro SD, it's about internal phone memory for multimedia which is about Phone Version (16 or 8) minus 1,84GB for apps only space.

Guest broona
It's not about micro SD, it's about internal phone memory for multimedia which is about Phone Version (16 or 8) minus 1,84GB for apps only space.

Sorry, that doesn't make any sense? I've put the update.zip on the SD card as instructed, and the Galaxy can't find it, what's that got to do with the phone's internal memory? :)

PS, it's the 16gb version on Vodafone. :D

Guest Kilack

Installation aborted.'

You don't put it on the external sdcard... you put it on the internal sdcard of the phone.. take the external card out to avoid confusion.

plug the phone into your pc, copy over the update.zip in explorer over to the phone, then try it.

Guest broona
You don't put it on the external sdcard... you put it on the internal sdcard of the phone.. take the external card out to avoid confusion.

plug the phone into your pc, copy over the update.zip in explorer over to the phone, then try it.

Thanks, doh!!! :)

Guest broona

And apologies to you mate, oops! :)

Guest Birba

Hi everybody

Today i bought my Galaxy, had a HTC Hero before.

So, am I right that i have to flash first JG1 with Odin, and after that apply the costum rom R2 as an update.zip and my Galaxy is rooted?

So there is no need to apply the kernerl or the update.zip from samdroid?

Thanks

Guest Lilla
Hi everybody

Today i bought my Galaxy, had a HTC Hero before.

So, am I right that i have to flash first JG1 with Odin, and after that apply the costum rom R2 as an update.zip and my Galaxy is rooted?

So there is no need to apply the kernerl or the update.zip from samdroid?

Thanks

yeah