Root

Guest cirra

Guest casiocas
Just for the record - I have now cracked the problem of getting a root shell but now need to defeat nand protection.

I see you making progress! :D :D :P

Its good to know, that we have here some SMARTEST ppl in the world. :)

VERY BIG THX for your effort and I respect your HARD WORK!!!

And ofc we all waiting your final solution.

THANKS AGAIN!!!

:P :D :lol:

Edited by casiocas

Guest rico2k_uk

I cant believe that this phone may be the uncrackable one! lol! And to think paul bought one to help root it and hasnt bothered to update anyone.

Guest casiocas
I cant believe that this phone may be the uncrackable one! lol! And to think paul bought one to help root it and hasnt bothered to update anyone.

Agree with you. We will see, who crack it first for final release. Paul vs. Martin! LOL :)

Edited by casiocas

Guest Martin Eve
Agree with you. We will see, who crack it first for final release. Paul vs. Martin! LOL :)

Well, I'm not sure that I'm competent to compete in that arena; I'm brand new to Android, if not cracking and programming. Plus, it would be nice to work together, rather than in competition!

I have just written to HTC to request the kernel source code for the Wildfire, which should help in breaking the NAND protection (the next step) because we can then compile kernel modules.

I've also posted, over at XDA developers, the modified source code for the exploit to give a temporary root shell.

Best,

Martin

Guest casiocas
Well, I'm not sure that I'm competent to compete in that arena; I'm brand new to Android, if not cracking and programming. Plus, it would be nice to work together, rather than in competition!

I have just written to HTC to request the kernel source code for the Wildfire, which should help in breaking the NAND protection (the next step) because we can then compile kernel modules.

I've also posted, over at XDA developers, the modified source code for the exploit to give a temporary root shell.

Best,

Martin

Jeah, ofc you two must work together, but not compete.

I was read your post in XDA.

I just maked little joke(was jk.)(Dont be mad to me). Like you was seen in the end of my text before, emotikon " :P ".

I just hope to see the WILDFIRE root! :) :D :D

Guest Dr.Death

Martin, your exploit didnt provide me with root shell

$ ./mart_expo

[*] Android local root exploid © The Android Exploid Crew

[*] Modified by Martin Eve for Wildfire Stage 1 root

[+] Using basedir=/sqlite_stmt_journals, path=/sqlite_stmt_journals/exploid/mart_expo

[+] opening NETLINK_KOBJECT_UEVENT socket

[+] sending add message ...

[*] Try to invoke hotplug now, clicking at the wireless

[*] settings, plugin USB key etc.

[*] You succeeded if you find /system/bin/rootshell.

[*] GUI might hang/restart meanwhile so be patient.

[1] + Stopped (signal) ./mart_expo

$ id

uid=2000(shell) gid=2000(shell) groups=1003(graphics),1004(input),1007(log),1011(adb),1015(sdcard_rw),3001(net_b

_admin),3002(net_bt),3003(inet)

[1] Segmentation fault ./mart_expo

Guest Martin Eve

Would be great if someone could test this.

As regards the exploit not giving root: you have to run the generated rootshell binary in the sqlite_stmt_journals dir.

I plan to modify the soft root next week to allow running apps as Su even though this won't fix nand protection.

Guest manups4e

hei guys you can try it..i'm a root user now!! thank at this http://blog.martineve.com/htc-wildfire-stage-1-soft-root you can become a root user until you reboot your phone..then you must do again all the point in the guide =D thanks to MartinEve from XDA forum!!

edit:

if you get permission denied using "./exploid" then you must write :

chmod 755 exploid

./exploid

and continue the guide =D

forgive my bad english ;-)

Edited by manups4e

Guest kinghuy

Help!

Method of Martineve.

what's the mean of "Toggle your wifi on and off"?Just press the switch of phone? Does wifi represent wildfire? Or where is the button of wifi?

Forgive my poor English. :D

Guest manups4e
Help!

Method of Martineve.

what's the mean of "Toggle your wifi on and off"?Just press the switch of phone? Does wifi represent wildfire? Or where is the button of wifi?

Forgive my poor English. :D

yes! you must toggle wi-fi on and of with the preferences or widgets...you can use what you want =)

Edited by manups4e

Guest manups4e

first you have to push the downloaded files in the sqlite_stmt_journals directory via "adb push" then you have to follow the same instructions on the guide =)

and if you have the permession denied with the command ./exploid then write chmod 755 exploid and ./exploid again =)

when the guide says toggle wi-fi on and off, you must do it with your phone on the preferences or with a widget

Edited by manups4e

Guest kinghuy

Need help!

To back at shell,should I run "exit" or others?

I got wrong like this "adb:not found."

If I run "exit" twice and restart adb shell, it shows "mkdir failed for binmount, Read-only file system"

Edited by kinghuy

Guest zaigmus

in command prompt it says device not found, what to do ?

okok, im rooted now :D , waiting for all time root ...

Edited by zaigmus

Guest Ashbeard
Hi all,

I've now modded this into a 1-click version.

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=757191

Talking to unrEVOked guys about defeating NAND, more news as it comes in.

Best,

Martin

I keep getting Error: Device Not Found at the adb install SoftRoot.apk stage. I've tried in all three modes, charging, USB drive and HTC Sync mode. What have I done wrong?

Guest Martin Eve
I keep getting Error: Device Not Found at the adb install SoftRoot.apk stage. I've tried in all three modes, charging, USB drive and HTC Sync mode. What have I done wrong?

Hi, you haven't got adb setup correctly; go search for other guides on how to get this working, and then come back.

If you can't get "adb shell" to work, then you can't install this root.

Guest Ashbeard

I copied the file to the SD card and ran it from there. I will see about adb. Barnacle says it is working but doesn't show up in my list of available wireless networks :D

Guest Ashbeard
I copied the file to the SD card and ran it from there. I will see about adb. Barnacle says it is working but doesn't show up in my list of available wireless networks :D

Today it shows up wtf. Also tried SetCpu which seems to run fine but can only switch between 480 and 528 when I use the default settings. Maybe if I had specified some manual settings I would be able to overclock. Didn't want to risk it though.