MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Noonski
or you can use the old a2sd patch and not have to worry about any of that.

Not to mention it is a far better method.

+1 that's the reason Paul put this up online that fast with A2SD+

Beats the Google Solution anyday.

Guest mrshark
MOVING APPS ?

This ROM is my 1st contact with A2SD.

My Question: how do I install apps on SD or how can I move them?

There ist grayed-out button "move to sd" but no tool like setLocation (Droid Rom). In SpareParts is no option aswell.

I am kinda confused.

SD-Card is the shipped one (Fat32 only).

http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-desi...a2sd-questions/

Guest mrshark
.hail and big THANKS to Maja,MYppc and DROJD crew..no?!?

paul rom is NOT based on that rom... they both share the same base, that's the leaked htc beta rom... then, any of them built whatever they wanted on that base...

Guest klutsh

I've patched Launcher2 to work with the default HTC Dialer,

It's not odex'd but working fine for me.

reboot to recovery, wipe cache

adb shell rm /system/app/Launcher2.*

adb push Launcher2.apk /system/app/

Launcher2.zip

Guest rameses

Anyone having problems with apps missing from the store? I'm trying to find the live wallpaper "Shake Them All" and it's not there, but it was yesterday when I had r21 installed.

Guest hatton920
Working here, i did a Full Whipe.

I did not include the Radio BTW.

So you need to get that from mirrors or the XDA thread.

Redownload the rom, wiped, installed = boot loop. Downloaded again, wiped, installed = boot loop again.

Thanks

Guest Noonski
Anyone having problems with apps missing from the store? I'm trying to find the live wallpaper "Shake Them All" and it's not there, but it was yesterday when I had r21 installed.

It's in the thread. Paul did add quick fix but it isn't working.For now you have to use another BuildProp that you can flash afterwards or add to the extra bake zip.

MarketAccess (http://amip.org.ru/android/marketaccess) mentioned earlier has an option to force install location.

I checked but the option is greyed out ATM (myself I don't need it)

Guest Noonski
Redownload the rom, wiped, installed = boot loop. Downloaded again, wiped, installed = boot loop again.

Thanks

Did you try a bake of your own?

Be sure to add the A2SD+ and don't add the buildprop for market fix.

I have only read about loops on badly formatted SD card with partitions in the wrong order.

Might also be The Upload being Fumbled.

Edited by Noonski

Guest hatton920
Did you try a bake of your own?

Be sure to add the A2SD+ and don't add the buildprop for market fix.

I have only read about loops on badly formatted SD card with partitions in the wrong order.

Might also be The Upload being Fumbled.

Just installed my own bake with no problems. I'm torn between stock froyo and sense. I prefer the sense camera but prefer the stock dialer,contacts,browser and lock screen

Guest klutsh
Just installed my own bake with no problems. I'm torn between stock froyo and sense. I prefer the sense camera but prefer the stock dialer,contacts,browser and lock screen

I'm not too far off, Just need to figure out how to get Dialler & Contacts working.

post-105629-1278779996_thumb.png

post-105629-1278780004_thumb.png

Guest hatton920
I'm not too far off, Just need to figure out how to get Dialler & Contacts working.

Any chance you can see if you can get the browser working as well. Looking great so far.

Guest klutsh
Any chance you can see if you can get the browser working as well. Looking great so far.

I will, but I'm not going to go too far into this just yet, need to get Network Location sorted first.

Guest Surfinette
its perfectly safe to use the new radio with "older" roms

do you mean it's also safe to use the radio with an old 2.1 ROM as well?

Guest Mondaro
do you mean it's also safe to use the radio with an old 2.1 ROM as well?

yes, it is .. already tried that .. can't use 720p though with 2.1 rom

Guest nekromantik

I hope Paul releases the pre-bakes that are updated and not pre-bakes based on the current ROM version.

Monday is not too far :)

I did not really like DJ Droid, felt too laggy.

Guest rowanparker

Using the updated radio breaks my GPS (seems to be a thing that happens to orange users?) and I guess it's fairly pointless using an old radio with this rom?

Guest Abra Cadabra

EXCHANGE WORKING :) :D :P :P

First Froyo ROM with working exchange for me.. and I've tried pretty much all.

Thank You Paul!!!

Guest Von Ropen
this rom is good, but laggy on text input for me, and still cant get data working over mobile network

Hello,

Thanks very much for your work on 2.2 for desire with sense... I fund a problem, I cannot make work mobile network too... there is no apn for Spanish Orange, I had to manually put it, and now it works... there is any way to fix this in next update it would be great!!!

Regards...

:)

Guest dchuraman
Hello,

Thanks very much for your work on 2.2 for desire with sense... I fund a problem, I cannot make work mobile network too... there is no apn for Spanish Orange, I had to manually put it, and now it works... there is any way to fix this in next update it would be great!!!

Regards...

:)

when i put a manual apn in, it doesnt appear in the list even after a reboot. what am i doing wrong?!

Guest Von Ropen
when i put a manual apn in, it doesnt appear in the list even after a reboot. what am i doing wrong?!

Did you save the apn?... you have to put it manyally and then press menu and then save...

For me manually setting the APN did work just fine.

However there is a apns_conf.zip in this thread and a short explantion how to use it.

This will maybe make your APN available automaticly. Must be a few sites in front of this one...