MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest indieladadam

when i tried use titanium backup it says cant get root access as if busybox aint present.. and today i woke up and tried again and it worked? lol

Guest dodolom

So, if we upgrade to the official Froyo release this weekend, do we lose our ROOT access and if so, can we ROOT it again after the official upgrade?

Guest gianton
So, if we upgrade to the official Froyo release this weekend, do we lose our ROOT access and if so, can we ROOT it again after the official upgrade?

most likely yes and you won't be able to root again till a custon boot is out

Guest Noonski

Well it's unclear if the Update also includes new Hboot, but there's a big chance it will.

I've put my trust in Paul to get great PreRelease Desire 2.2 Kitchen's, i'm not going to cheat on him by getting the official OTA.

Guest Mr.Goro

Hi Modaco Community!

I'm just new here and now I'm just playing a little bit with my rooted Desire. I have already installed a this Custom ROM using the Kitchen but did not install the latest.

My question: Can I 'bake' another image using this latest version (now including the trackpad wake) and install this without a wipe and without losing my data? Just like a normal update would do? Would be cool if you can help me :(

Guest MinhQuang

I have a small problem. When I use EDGE or 3G to connect to the internet( using browser), my desire restarts again and again. I try to turn off EDGE/3G, it stops restarting.

how can I use EDGE/3G without restarting?

Guest Noonski
Anybody else have trouble with video recorder?

The phone make a screamining sound abaout 5 seconds and then reboots :(

Radio GooGoo, Radio GaGa!

Radio My Friend, Some One Still Loves You.

Flash the latest 32.42 Radio.

Does anyone have an issue with the phone rebooting when trying to use the video camera?

it also completely crashes and makes a horrific noice before rebooting

Orange branded desire, used unrevoked3 then r5-modaco.

Edited by jomu

you gotta update your radio mate. that will fix it

I can't find the 5.08 radio anywhere. the r5.zip I got from the first page didn't update the radio.

do you know where i can get the radio?

adam G's website seems to be shutdown

Guest dodolom

This might be a stupid thing to ask but I still would like to know the answer.

I have an unbranded and unlocked HTC Desire from the UK with the r5 Froyo rom from this thread and I am in the United States. Will my phone still receive the Froyo update OTA? My guess is that it won't because the system software is already showing 2.2 with the custom rom on it.

Is my assumption correct?

Guest smumford
This might be a stupid thing to ask but I still would like to know the answer.

I have an unbranded and unlocked HTC Desire from the UK with the r5 Froyo rom from this thread and I am in the United States. Will my phone still receive the Froyo update OTA? My guess is that it won't because the system software is already showing 2.2 with the custom rom on it.

Is my assumption correct?

No you will not receive the update.

Paul says he will have a rooted version of the official update ready tomorrow, which you should be able to apply by saving the zip file to the root folder of your SD card. Rename the zip file "update". Reboot phone holding the volume button down. Enter recovery, and then select install update.zip. The new ROM should then install similar to when you installed the R5 ROM.

Check the forum tomorrow for the new ROM from paul.

Guest Asselberghs

Else where I found a way to put the Nexus One Bootscreen on a HTC Desire phone, but that trick dosen´t work when I have the MoDaCo Rom installed aparently. How do you get rid of HTC´s boring "quietly brilliant" bootscreen and replace it with the awsome Nexus One bootscreen. Can this be done?

Guest dodolom
No you will not receive the update.

Paul says he will have a rooted version of the official update ready tomorrow, which you should be able to apply by saving the zip file to the root folder of your SD card. Rename the zip file "update". Reboot phone holding the volume button down. Enter recovery, and then select install update.zip. The new ROM should then install similar to when you installed the R5 ROM.

Check the forum tomorrow for the new ROM from paul.

thanks much, will check it tomorrow morning as soon as I get up.

Guest MinhQuang
I have a small problem. When I use EDGE or 3G to connect to the internet( using browser), my desire restarts again and again. I try to turn off EDGE/3G, it stops restarting.

how can I use EDGE/3G without restarting?

somebody can help me?

I tried to wide cach/sys/dachek( dont rememer exactly name :) ).... and up another radio but nothing changes. It still reboots.

somebody can help me? :D

ps: even when I go to recovery mode, It still reboots itself( one time) :D

Guest Cole Cash

I've gone through the process of rooting my HTC Desire that's described on rootmydroid.co.uk but I'm having an issue. After I bake and download the zip to my SD card I go to flash the image to my device. Everything seems to go fine but when I try to boot into the new image it seems to go into a loop. Is this normal and I'm not being patient enough?

Guest vertti

it's actually really frustrating that r5 is way more stable than any of the roms based on the official 2.2 sense ota. :/ hopefully we'll get pauls new sense rom soon..

Guest Shiva Ramabadran
Yes haven't seen a setting either... I will do this battery wipe also after the next full charge.

I am on r6 so maybe this is the wrong thread to post this, anyway... my devise is loosing 1% per hour with just phone on and of course in idle.

That means you get 4 days of idle ? That's fantastic! I'm struggling to get 10 hours.

Guest Shiva Ramabadran

I've rooted, created an ext partition, installed r5 with A2SD+, and my HTC desire works fine except for being a battery hog.

However I find that most of the apps don't provide a "move to SD card" option. Its greyed out in the applications -> manage applications menu. I was able to move maybe 2-3 apps, but the rest (installed via market) don't provide the option.

Is there another way I need to use to move things to the SD card ?

Guest squrl

If you have A2SD+, force app install location to internal memory and your apps will be then installed to the SD card's EXT partiton.

Edited by squrl