MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest dchuraman
For me manually setting the APN did work just fine.

However there is a apns_conf.zip in this thread and a short explantion how to use it.

This will maybe make your APN available automaticly. Must be a few sites in front of this one...

thanks but i tried following those instructions, it didnt work for me. Im not too good with adb etc so when it said to mount /system, i didnt know what to do. also, when i manually put the apn in, i did click save, still didnt work :S

Guest StuMcBill
For some reason I keep getting "Installation Failed" when I try and install Handcent SMS?

Anyone else getting this?

Stu

Well it turns out that it was a problem with my EXT3 partition.

I am not convinced that unrEVOked recovery (clockwork mod 2.0.1.0) formats SD-EXT properly because I tried to format it in recovery and it still wouldn't install, but when I formatted it through Ubuntu, it installed fine?

Best ROM I have tried yet!!

Stu

Guest sanfran
Using the updated radio breaks my GPS (seems to be a thing that happens to orange users?) and I guess it's fairly pointless using an old radio with this rom?

Using the radio image from DJDroid, Location and GPS works now...

Hope this helps....

BR

Guest hatton920
I'm not too far off, Just need to figure out how to get Dialler & Contacts working.

Just out of interest, how did you get the stock lockscreen working?

Thanks

Guest rowanparker

Hope this helps....

BR

The most recent radio I can get a fix with is 32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 which is fairly old. It seems to be independent of the ROM. I think it's Orange's meddling (like how it simlocks when updating radio) but I don't really know.

Guest klutsh
Just out of interest, how did you get the stock lockscreen working?

Thanks

Delete

/system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk

/system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex

Guest Dr_Ash
Using the updated radio breaks my GPS (seems to be a thing that happens to orange users?) and I guess it's fairly pointless using an old radio with this rom?

I am on orange, with a non-branded handset, and GPS seems to work fine.....

Guest Maestro2k5

Hope this helps....

BR

what file do I flash?

I have flashed this file here 32.41.00.32U_5.08.00.04.zip

but gps and the localization is no

Guest rowanparker
what file do I flash?

This is what I was complaining about. May I ask if your Desire was branded at all?

Guest The_IMF
Quick fix for missing APN's

I've taken this apns-conf.xml from DJDroid v1

extract it from the zip

reboot your phone into recovery

choose wipe cache

load up clockwork or whatever recovery you use

mount the /system partition

then push xml to /system/etc

adb push apns-conf.xml /system/etc/

reboot phone

goto settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names

press menu and then restore defaults.

Thank you very much. Worked perfectly for me... although still says 3G instead of H but I guess I can wait for that fix!

Just waiting on network location issue to be resolved.

Anyone else having issues with lag on internet? Happens when zooming in or even scrolling... also mine worked perfectly until a few hours ago when I had installed nothing but apps are making my phone crash and the only way to resolve it is by pulling the battery!!

Guest Dr_Ash
what file do I flash?

localization isn't working just now, Paul said he'll get onto it for next release. As to GPS - mine is working (with Orange) but just takes a little while to locate...

Guest Dr_Ash
Thank you very much. Worked perfectly for me... although still says 3G instead of H but I guess I can wait for that fix!

Just waiting on network location issue to be resolved.

Anyone else having issues with lag on internet? Happens when zooming in or even scrolling... also mine worked perfectly until a few hours ago when I had installed nothing but apps are making my phone crash and the only way to resolve it is by pulling the battery!!

I have noticed significant lag in the browser on all the froyo roms I've tried, and this one is MUCH better, tust me. If you are having issues try disabling plugins in the browser settings, as flash 10.1 makes browsing and scrolling in particular really quite jerky in my experience

Guest The_IMF
I have noticed significant lag in the browser on all the froyo roms I've tried, and this one is MUCH better, tust me. If you are having issues try disabling plugins in the browser settings, as flash 10.1 makes browsing and scrolling in particular really quite jerky in my experience

Yeah I'm getting sillyness all over the place now... just going into settings and then the phone freezes for a while... maybe another reflash is in order!

Guest Spellcaster Lukian

After tapping the power button to place my device in Standby, I would later attempt to use my HTC Desire and it would not come out of standby or power-on - without pulling the battery.

I've uninstalled Titanium Backup, which I believe may have been the cause, as it was one of the few third-party apps I left running (also required root access).

I did update/install Titanium Backup from the Market, so perhaps it conflicted with the version baked into the ROM.

My friend with an original iPhone 3G was amused - that at the very least - pulling the battery is always an option. :D

GPS Works, usual 2-5min time for initial lock.

Wifi Works - signal strength seems a little higher! :)

3G Works - no HSDPA icon, but the 3G icon is fine.

Battery Life - seems worse (perhaps I've just started using my phone more vigorously - Android system is near 60%).

SetCPU does not work - lowering the max cpu, has no effect, even with phone restarts.

Call Echo Untested - will report back.

Best features?

- Silent boot.

- Custom ROM freed about 15MB 'available space' (not using A2SD until I purchase a new micro sdhc card)

Phone: Telstra HTC Desire (using TPG on the Optus network).

Edited by Spellcaster Lukian

Guest Maestro2k5
This is what I was complaining about. May I ask if your Desire was branded at all?

So my cell phone is without Vodafone branding Germany

in the other Froyo djdorid ROM is the localization ok

Guest Noonski
Quick fix for missing APN's

I've taken this apns-conf.xml from DJDroid v1

extract it from the zip

reboot your phone into recovery

choose wipe cache

load up clockwork or whatever recovery you use

mount the /system partition

then push xml to /system/etc

adb push apns-conf.xml /system/etc/

reboot phone

goto settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > access point names

press menu and then restore defaults.

I'm fairly new to the Android Scene.

But could this .xml also be added to the personal update_fix.zip i'm using to add to my personal bake?

And if so can I deduct that I would need to make that directory and just add the .xml file there?

(going to try it anyway, I can always go back :))

Edited by Noonski

Guest StuMcBill

One thing I have noticed, none of the froyo new "push" type apps seem to work.

I have tested Chrometophone and appbrain so far.

Guest Noonski
One thing I have noticed, none of the froyo new "push" type apps seem to work.

I have tested Chrometophone and appbrain so far.

Both AppBrain and ChromeToPhone work fine with me.

Guest klutsh
I'm fairly new to the Android Scene.

But could this .xml also be added to the personal update_fix.zip i'm using to add to my personal bake?

And if so can I deduct that I would need to make that directory and just add the .xml file there?

(going to try it anyway, I can always go back :))

I assume it can, but have never tried.

Guest Noonski
I assume it can, but have never tried.

It worked.

I removed the manual APN first then flashed the new Rom with the .xml added to the zip file.

It detected and set up my APN after the new Flash.

Now going for the WifiN and HSDPA Icon Fix. But only found one that also changes battery (not the coloured one)

Hmm HSDPA icon is back but Battery is gone...

Going to do one more Test and if it's working i'll Post the Personal.zip file to add to PreBakes.

It will include the Market Fix for missing paid apps, The APN XML file and the Wifi N Fix.

Still need to narrow down where the Missing HSDPA icon is at.

(I'm not an expert remember, just trying to help)

Edited by Noonski

Guest FatherD
Delete

/system/app/HtcLockScreen.apk

/system/app/HtcLockScreen.odex

OK ... just how!? I have tried with rootexplorer and 'android mate' and using adb commands but the htc lock screen persists WTF! :)

Sitting in the back of the class with dunces hat on ... 100 lines: I will be Case Sensitive!

Edited by FatherD