MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Bol2riz

Hi Paul,

just to let you know that I can't receive MMS with your ROMs at least since several ones. I know that you've mentionned that you doesn't follow the other ROMs but MMS works fine with DJ Droid ROM.

I've tried to flash the radio from DJ Droid without any success, no brick but no change at all

I'm on French Virgin mobile/Orange network. Can you please dig on that issue?

Does anyone from France tells if MMS work for them?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. It's the only issue that I have with the network location.

Edit : I've tryed applying the same apn config as DJ Droid but no change...

Edited by Bol2riz

Guest klutsh
Hi Paul,

just to let you know that I can't receive MMS with your ROMs at least since several ones. I know that you've mentionned that you doesn't follow the other ROMs but MMS works fine with DJ Droid ROM.

I've tried to flash the radio from DJ Droid without any success, no brick but no change at all

I'm on French Virgin mobile/Orange network. Can you please dig on that issue?

Does anyone from France tells if MMS work for them?

Thanks a lot.

P.S. It's the only issue that I have with the network location.

Extra APN info is not in this rom, you may need to setup your mms APN yourself.

Guest Bol2riz
Extra APN info is not in this rom, you may need to setup your mms APN yourself.

Yes I know and it's already done.

As I've said it's not only related to this version, I've got the same issue with r3.1... sms app is still reporting "general network failure" when downloading the MMS while SMS works fine.

Guest N!nja

Hi, Gps not working on my Desire with this rom r4. Can you help me?thx

Edit: my fail,sorry,working good :-)

Edited by N!nja

Guest marshmellowman
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2817797/Modaco-R4-Fixes-Personal.zip

the fix without the networklocation.apk

i have no problems with mine though

I tried using this, both updating it via fake-flash and prebaking it into my ROM, but neither worked. Anyone else tried this download?

EDIT: must have done something wrong cause i did it again and it works fine now. weird.

Edited by marshmellowman

Guest dreamdealer
for me so far everything works, never did a wipe just installed on top of r3.1, the only problem unless i am missing something is my market download history list does now show up any of my apps that I have installed, all that does show up is my paid apps. read the entire thread and unless I missed something I couldn't find anyone with the same issue.

I have the same issue... Solved it with Market Doctor in Titanium Backup

I will take that into consideration at a later date, if the problem still persists with future rom releases. As good as Titanium is, at present I am not going to pay for something just to solve a minor annoyance, add to that the market delay bug, which is even more of a pain I stick with 2.1 for now and try 2.2 again when Paul fixes any bugs that might arise in this present release.

Guest Diggedy
Oke here's the zip file i'm using to fix the issues that have seen fixes in the thread.

The Zip Includes
BuildProp for Missing Paid Apps in Market. (forgot who originally posted it @XDA)
klutsh apns-conf.xml fix for APN setup.
Wifi-N fix + HSDPA missing Icon Fix + Colourfull icons for Taskbar + Curcle Percentage Battery From alcor75 @XDA
(only found this together and it also adds a few coloured icons to a few menu's, Which sucks, but I don't know how to easily edit and sign .apk files)
Black HTC Peeping Droid Boot screen.
Patched Launcher2.apk from Klutsh to fix Phone Shortcut.
NetworkLocation.apk for location issue from meLIanTQ @XDA
ModInstallLocation.v1.apk from barrons @XDA to change install location for Native Android A2SD.

If you don't want the Black HTC Quietly Brilliant Bootscreen with the Peeping Android.
Remove The "customize" folder from System.
If you don't want the Coloured Icons and Circle % Battery remove the "framework" folder from "System".
Removing this will also NOT FIX the missing HSDPA icon.
Add the personal.zip to your Prebake.
http://www.multiupload.com/ZEYMVBXEIG

Or Flash through recovery with signature check disabled.
As always make a Nandroid Backup to be safe.

You might get an error on com.htc.bgp or it could just be me and a one off.
Update: Not a one off this is the mentioned Timezone Sync error. It also errors on Facebook sync.
Reported Fix was http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...amp;postcount=7

I know it sounds scary but I didn't know any of this 24 hours ago :)
Thanks guys.

theres something in this package that gives me the green tinge error on the camera when using the flash. This was also present in this rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=720917

any idea what it could be?

Guest beidl

@Paul: I hope you didn't just take my odexed system apps from xda without giving me credit (as odexing wasn't the only thing I did)

Guest klutsh
@Paul: I hope you didn't just take my odexed system apps from xda without giving me credit (as odexing wasn't the only thing I did)

No he didn't, check for yourself, he's done his own rom direct from udk's original source files.

Guest seaders
Yes I know and it's already done.

As I've said it's not only related to this version, I've got the same issue with r3.1... sms app is still reporting "general network failure" when downloading the MMS while SMS works fine.

this is something that I experienced with even the stock Desire firmware and if it's the same problem... get yourself to an area of good coverage / reception, turn off wifi, then try get the MMS again. no MMS downloads for me when I have wifi on, no way, no how. nothing to do with Paul's ROM, though.

Guest Mekerz

If Paul were someone who didn't know what he was doing, and could only manage deleting/adding files from other peoples ROMs and resigning - I could see why you would think this.

Seeing as Paul, does know what's doing and has been releasing odexed ROMs before this - it's clear he did it himself.

I find it a bit sad, you went to the trouble to make an account on his public forum to accuse him of ripping your work.

Seeing as you mentioned XDA, you should be aware as others that Paul has an XDA account. Maybe a PM via XDA would have been a more appropriate form of asking, don't you think?

Guest DiscoHero
Guys, just for the sake of curiosity, has anyone checked the linpack score with this rom?

I'm getting 37.33-39.804 on mine.

Guest beidl
If Paul were someone who didn't know what he was doing, and could only manage deleting/adding files from other peoples ROMs and resigning - I could see why you would think this.

Seeing as Paul, does know what's doing and has been releasing odexed ROMs before this - it's clear he did it himself.

I find it a bit sad, you went to the trouble to make an account on his public forum to accuse him of ripping your work.

Seeing as you mentioned XDA, you should be aware as others that Paul has an XDA account. Maybe a PM via XDA would have been a more appropriate form of asking, don't you think?

I was just asking. I just found it out too often how it is to not get credit you deserve.

I also did not just odex the apps, I also fixed some FCs in the apps like the YouTube link FC in Peep.

I talked to him on twitter, we have no problem, just some people think they have the right to call me "idiot" and stuff because of a question, even if I didn't talk to them.

Yes I'm paranoid.. and drunk (BBQ with friends). Also the reason why I didn't think about PMing him.

So again, sry.

Guest seaders
I have the same behaviour. Everything else seems to work pretty good on my device

yup, just tested and can confirm that too. with Flash, it's all green, without, it's completely normal. for recording, it doesn't make a difference, only for camera shots.

Guest Subject Delta
I was just asking. I just found it out too often how it is to not get credit you deserve.

I also did not just odex the apps, I also fixed some FCs in the apps like the YouTube link FC in Peep.

I talked to him on twitter, we have no problem, just some people think they have the right to call me "idiot" and stuff because of a question, even if I didn't talk to them.

Yes I'm paranoid.. and drunk (BBQ with friends). Also the reason why I didn't think about PMing him.

So again, sry.

Too many people obsessed with taking credit for things, and too few just pleased that people are enjoying things that they create. One of the downsides of the web 2.0 generation.

Guest Noonski

Yeah, what about the fun of it.

Trust me, there's always moments you won't find credits where credits are due.

But most of the time it has nothing to do with screwing you out of the credits

Paul clearly states there's to many people to thank.

People always read over the "Flashing Custom ROM's can be harmful" part.

But this kitchen and the Posting users in the thread, have gotten me to what I find to be a nearly perfect Desire Rom.

"THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS ROM!"

All F-Ups any one makes and shares here can only be helpful.

This first "try" is very promising and I'm confident Paul has the skills to dish out a few great PreBakes and new kitchen the coming weeks.

Edited by Noonski

Guest Noonski
It works for me too.... :)

Did you apply the Zip after Flashing a Custom Bake. Or did you apply it inclusive with a custom bake with Full Whipe.

Guest McPondy
Will Paul be fixing the Network Location and APN's before he releases the pre-bakes?

I'm pretty sure I read in a much earlier post (before he went away for the weekend) that he would be.

I hope so.

Guest ragflan

WOO FRICKIN' HOO! The first 2.2 ROM on Modaco that doesn't have WiFi issues when the screen is off. Everything else is perfect thus far. Man I'm beyond happy. PLURK PLURK!!

Guest andready

Hey Paul.

"HSDPA missing Icon Fix" this dosen't work for me. I can see if I have data or not.

On my home screen, the location on the watch dosen't work.

Everything else looks great:)

Thanks

Edited by andready