MCR r5 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nephisto

When I flashed with the new fixed personal zip (prebaked it) it flashed without problem but I didn't get any of the fixes. Had to apply them one by one again :)

Guest ritdaw

My phone went on a massive slowdown this morning after my alarm went off. A reboot was the only way to bring it back up to normal speed. Will see if it happens again tomorrow!

Guest Bol2riz
this is something that I experienced with even the stock Desire firmware and if it's the same problem... get yourself to an area of good coverage / reception, turn off wifi, then try get the MMS again. no MMS downloads for me when I have wifi on, no way, no how. nothing to do with Paul's ROM, though.

I've got that same issue as you in the past with my stock hero rom and MCR solved it.

With my stock Desire mms were working fine.

Just to precise that it's not an attack to Paul's work... We all love it here. I'm reporting an issue like other peoples do, it's not because it works for others that it will for everybody, it's still a BETA release, and it's not the first ROM I play with.

Then, because it so easy to restore backups, I use to perform full wipe each time I install a new ROM, I've done my MMS tests in an area with good coverage, apns have been set the same way than with the ROM from which MMS works.

Maybe with the next releases...

Guest dchuraman
My phone went on a massive slowdown this morning after my alarm went off. A reboot was the only way to bring it back up to normal speed. Will see if it happens again tomorrow!

everytime i write something, it starts to go slow to the point where its impossible to type, then i have to reboot!

Guest DiscoHero

The Sync icon getting stuck appears to be a bug ... turned off all syncs and it was still there. The data icons doesn't show that there is any in/out traffic ... so I think the icon just gets stuck but no data is actually being transferred. Odd.

Guest dchuraman
The Sync icon getting stuck appears to be a bug ... turned off all syncs and it was still there. The data icons doesn't show that there is any in/out traffic ... so I think the icon just gets stuck but no data is actually being transferred. Odd.

you might be right, but if i click 'cancel sync' everytime i notice the icon, battery life appears to be reasonable, otherwise the battery life is horrendous for me

Guest afiorillo

This ROM is working great, the only complaint is about music playback not resuming automatically after a phone call, nor even after a Google Navigation voice prompt.

I flashed the fixes with the console.

This was resolved for me after second reboot.

Yep, me too. However, the standing sync was the Picasa Web Album one. :)

Edited by afiorillo

Guest djtosh

the constant sync has continued through out for me, and i have flashed 5 different roms, i think its defo to do with facebook cos if i delete facebook account it goes away

Edited by djtosh

Guest DiscoHero
the constant sync has continued through out for me, and i have flashed 5 different roms, i think its defo to do with facebook cos if i delete facebook account it goes away

Could be. I noticed this also that everything worked fine until FB was added to the mix.

Guest blurp76
Quick question, did anybody roll back to r3.1 w/o downgrading the radio from this version?

I did, but immediately noticed that with the Froyo radio starting a video recording caused an immediate reboot.

I reflashed the old radio and everything is ok now

Guest mikehiow

Is there any way to backup the radio? Will a nandroid backup do this? I want to try this release at some point, but want to be able to go back to r3.1 easily.

Guest DiscoHero
I did, but immediately noticed that with the Froyo radio starting a video recording caused an immediate reboot.

I reflashed the old radio and everything is ok now

Thanks.

Guest djtosh
Could be. I noticed this also that everything worked fine until FB was added to the mix.

when the fixed rom comes out might leave facebook out of rom and install it from market

sorry its facebook for htc sense not facebook for android thats causing the problem

dleted all facebook and constant sync problem is still present so its facebook in

Edited by djtosh

Guest blurp76
Is there any way to backup the radio? Will a nandroid backup do this? I want to try this release at some point, but want to be able to go back to r3.1 easily.

I don't think there's any need to backup the radio, you can easily flash the radio you need from clockwork recovery. you can find the froyo radio here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=687464